Tennis: General Chat

snowychap

Wow. That was an absolute pleasure to watch. So much of what Federer did was simply breathtaking. Nadal was great too but just had no answer to what was being thrown at him. Federer is the greatest sportsman of all time. I can’t imagine there ever being anyone like him again.

2 hours ago, PaulC said:

Federer was brilliant Nadal was poor. Didn’t make enough first serves and Federer controlled the baseline.  Not a great match 

Federer was very aggressive though. Not many people can make Nadal go where he doesn't want to on the court. It's probably the approach he needs to take against Djokovic too. When Federer goes for winners and he's on point, he's a very hard man to beat.

35 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Federer was very aggressive though. Not many people can make Nadal go where he doesn't want to on the court. It's probably the approach he needs to take against Djokovic too. When Federer goes for winners and he's on point, he's a very hard man to beat.

Yes he’s hard to beat on grass when he plays well. Think Djokovic will take his time away a bit more and return better 

I think even if Djoker passes Fed for Grand slams, most people (including me) rate Fed as the g.o.a.t. I have a lot of respect for Djoker, and like him as a person a lot more than I use to. However Federer is probably the most likeable sportsperson I've seen in my time, and he has all the shots and class possible in a tennis player.

All that being said I have a whole bunch of multis that need Djoker to win Wimbledon so I'll be going for him but I can honestly say I won't be upset if Federer wins.

Men's tennis is going to be very average when Nadal, Djokovic and Federer are all retired. We may never see tennis and rivalry like this again. I'm very glad it happened in my life time.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, PaulC said:

Yes he’s hard to beat on grass when he plays well. Think Djokovic will take his time away a bit more and return better 

Djokovic's fitness and stamina is unrivalled. Federer has to be aggressive. Win the point early. Gets into a long rally match, Djokovic will deal with him...and comfortably. 

Come on Halep. Anyone prepared to reduce a pair of awesome bewbs in size to help you succeed deserves the win. Even though I frown upon those awesome bewbs being no more 😉

Edited by rjw63
Shcpeeling
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

Easiest match Halep had all tournament. Retire now Williams that was embarrassing 

Just about to say that.

• Like 1

Cue the Williams press conference. Will be littered with attitude. All about her. Snappy to reporters. Probably start crying. Always goes dramatic when beaten well. Go **** herself. Halep's day and I hope it's all about her. Deserves it.

Â