Tennis: General Chat

snowychap

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

No. It really won't. At 27 Agassi had already won 3 slams.  

He could win a major or 2. Or more. I’m not saying it’s going to happen, I’m saying it could 👍

8 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

These guys whack a fluffy rubber ball back and forth to each other for millions of £. Entertaining is all I ask for. 

There surely has to be a line.

Its entertaining in the same way people buy the rag to read about Katie Price’s latest meltdown or watch car-crash reality tv shows.

If I found myself watching football and hoping X player would have his usual meltdown screaming at his fans and the ref for some entertainment I’d be changing Sport.

Be interesting what the runner up speech will be like.

It's not going to be the standard, "he played very well, I just couldn't match his intensity, and he is an absolute legend of the game, and I will try to come back and do one more better than this year, because I love it here, the British crowds, and grass etc."

It will be, " you fat word removed in row z you cost me the **** championship"

3 minutes ago, penguin said:

There surely has to be a line.

Its entertaining in the same way people buy the rag to read about Katie Price’s latest meltdown or watch car-crash reality tv shows.

If I found myself watching football and hoping X player would have his usual meltdown screaming at his fans and the ref for some entertainment I’d be changing Sport.

Well if it had been another Djokovic/Nadal final I’d have watched the cycling this afternoon for sure. 

4 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Well if it had been another Djokovic/Nadal final I’d have watched the cycling this afternoon for sure. 

All the cyclists dressed as Ronald McDonald wouldn’t get me watching it but I understand the point, may have also not watched had it been the usual suspects.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, HongKongVillan said:

Be interesting what the runner up speech will be like.

It's not going to be the standard, "he played very well, I just couldn't match his intensity, and he is an absolute legend of the game, and I will try to come back and do one more better than this year, because I love it here, the British crowds, and grass etc."

Exactly what it was. 

• Like 1

Decent final, would have liked it to go to a 5th. Its rediculous that the last time Djokovic has lost on the centre court was against Andy Murray in 2013. Grass has become his best surface. 

I think that Sampras, Federer and Djokovic have won 22 of the past 31 Wimbledon's.  Novax and Nadal are both past  their peak and stll better than the rest of the field. Had Medvedev been allowed to play it might have been different but the old regime is still hanging in.

Deserved win, NK is his own worst enemy, as soon as you see him arguing about anything he’s lost it. Arguing over the way the umpire was calling the score was pathetic and it gave the match to Novak

Edited by mikeyp102

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

I think that Sampras, Federer and Djokovic have won 22 of the past 31 Wimbledon's.  Novax and Nadal are both past  their peak and stll better than the rest of the field. Had Medvedev been allowed to play it might have been different but the old regime is still hanging in.

The last player to win the Men’s singles other than Federer, Djokovic, Nadal or Murray was Leighton Hewitt back in 2002!

20 championship years dominated by 4 players - that’s unreal.

as for the result, Djokovic deserved it and both spoke well after the game.

• Like 2

Â