Relegation thread

Knutserov13

1 minute ago, M_Afro said:

We need to win tomorrow. Not just for the 3 points but for the psychology of it. It would give us a massive lift. Maybe provide a springboard for us to mount the great escape. Equally, it would be a massive blow to WH, Watford and Bournemouth. Massive game. We need to pull one out the bag!

I wish we were still the team from the first half of the season. We were naive as hell, but we could give anybody a game and I was never worried about us scoring. With Davis and Samatta up front right now, I just can't see where our next goal is coming from. Our 2 goals since the restart have both been from set pieces.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

We need to win tomorrow. Not just for the 3 points but for the psychology of it. It would give us a massive lift. Maybe provide a springboard for us to mount the great escape. Equally, it would be a massive blow to WH, Watford and Bournemouth. Massive game. We need to pull one out the bag!

Totally agree. If the players mindset is " this is a free hit " we will get well beaten. Tomorrow the kind of game this team need a packed stadium. That's a shame.

5 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Totally agree. If the players mindset is " this is a free hit " we will get well beaten. Tomorrow the kind of game this team need a packed stadium. That's a shame.

Arguably our 2 biggest home games of the season utd and wolves have both been behind closed doors 

As an excuse it won't wash but it's still shit 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

I didn't watch the West ham v chelsea game, so no idea on how it played put but the cynic in me thinks Lampard did his beloved West ham a favour 

The Lampard and West Ham rekationship was fairly toxic. Unlikeky. Chelsea were up for it. Made mistakes at the back. Fair result i thought. Chelsea going for CL also.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

I didn't watch the West ham v chelsea game, so no idea on how it played put but the cynic in me thinks Lampard did his beloved West ham a favour 

West Ham were camped in their own half for 90% of the game with no intention to attack. Scored from 1 (2 actually, the other was chalked off) corner, a breakaway goal and from their only real foray into the opposition box in the whole game. Rudiger played like a drunkard and was summarily dropped for the next 2 games.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Arguably our 2 biggest home games of the season utd and wolves have both been behind closed doors 

As an excuse it won't wash but it's still shit 

Hindsight is great mate but it's a 38 game season. The mental opening 10 minutes against Bournemouth. 2-1 at home to Burnley and bottled it. No ambition to have a go at West Ham at home. Arsenal. Been loads. ( VAR did **** us over at Palace and the joke of an offside that would of put us 2 up at old Trafford )

2 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

The Lampard and West Ham rekationship was fairly toxic. Unlikeky. Chelsea were up for it. Made mistakes at the back. Fair result i thought. Chelsea going for CL also.

naive defending from Chelsea, Rudiger is always an accident waiting to happen. 

1 hour ago, OxfordVillan said:

Basically we need to take Fernandes out early, proper old school hatchet job on him. 

I agree, though they have a few other players with the tools to hurt us.

But that aside, we're too nice, I don't think we've anyone in the squad who's got that bit of nastiness in them. 

4 hours ago, Only2McInallys said:

We are paying for the atrocious transfers that we made in our first season in the championship.We spent a huge amount of our parachute payments on total dross McCormack, Kodja,Hogan,Tsibola etc .I think about 50 million was wasted.

Bruce then had to recruit players for low or minimal transfer fees who were mostly coming to the end of their careers Whelan Jedinak etc or fill the squad out with loan players Axel,Abraham .

That effectively left us with no stable collective core we could add to when we got promoted.We had to create a brand new team and as we see some of the recruitment has been poor.

Has a premier league club ever signed so many players at one time before and been successful?I can’t think of any.

Our shocking record of recruitment has been endemic for years.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

If's and But's (updated)

Watford to beat Norwich ✅

West Ham to draw to Burnley - lost ✅ 

Tottenham to beat Bournemouth

Villa to draw to Man U

16 - West Ham - 31 points

17 - Watford - 31 points

18 - Aston Villa - 28 points

19 - Bournemouth - 27 points

If we get a draw tomorrow it would be absolutely massive. Said before the Liverpool game, a point in either game would be huge and the way results played out just emphasizes that now.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, WakefieldVillan said:

I agree, though they have a few other players with the tools to hurt us.

But that aside, we're too nice, I don't think we've anyone in the squad who's got that bit of nastiness in them. 

I think it's only right that we offer to cater food for ALL man united players just before the match, we have very skilled caterers and nothing will go wrong for them.....we promise 😉

Can somebody order some extra portaloos for tomorrow please 🤣

• Like 1

That was a good result for us tonight. Whether it makes West Ham catchable for us or not, will be dependent on their/our remaining results, but they will be less likely to be on the beach when they face Watford and that might just help us chase them down. Who knows, if we will get the points to make a fight of it? I'm sure most West Ham fans thought they'd win tonight, but results cannot always be assumed with too much confidence. There may be more shocks to come. Who knows we might yet emulate WBAs "great escape". 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

If's and But's (updated)

Watford to beat Norwich ✅

West Ham to draw to Burnley - lost ✅ 

Tottenham to beat Bournemouth

Villa to draw to Man U

16 - West Ham - 31 points

17 - Watford - 31 points

18 - Aston Villa - 28 points

19 - Bournemouth - 27 points

You "Magicked" us to promotion with this last season... i'm hoping you conspire the universe for our safety this one!