Relegation thread

Knutserov13

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Never thought I'd see the day when Sheffield United and Wolves have DOUBLE the points we have close to the end of a season.

Thats depressing.

Or Burnley. Whatever about those 2, Burnley is an absolute shithole. Now that's depressing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Johnnyp said:

Ah the old game in hand chestnut. Of course only ever relevant if you win said game. We play a United team who look like they'd blow anyone away right now. I could roll out hypothetical scenarios too. We lose tomorrow. West Ham beat Norwich ( both fairly probable ) West Ham Watford draw. That last game might not be as significant as you think.

you wanted to know why people are saying its in our hands. Whether we win or lose its irrelevant, its still technically in our hands until tomorrow

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I meant we have to beat West Ham on the last day, and before that time, we have to get 1 more point than them to finish above them. Given their fixtures and ours, it's not exactly easy, but it's also not exactly insurmountable.

Ok - I see what you're saying.

Personally I think we will be done before the W ham game. 

• Like 1

If we were to win all our games that would give us fifteen points, and it would mean West Ham would only be able to get nine points from their fixtures, bearing in mind in this hypothetical scenario they would lose to us. So techncally it's in our hands to finish above West Ham

Edited by useless

8 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Newcastle have been in good form until tonight so what makes people believe Watford are a cert to beat them?

I think if we get beaten tomorrow night, Watford will take serious heart from the fact they can put clear water between us and them.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

because according to some Watford and West Ham are the Barcelona and Real Madrid of the relegation battle while Villa are some minnow you just happen to be lucky

I guess I'm somewhat of a masochist because I watched all of our rivals games since the restart. But that also gives me insight that a lot of the people predicting all these wins for them haven't. As bad as we've been, we've been the best of the bunch. They have all been truly horrendous, and that includes West Ham.

• Like 1

We play a United team who look like they'd blow anyone away right now. 

But we've got super Jack Grealish, who is better than Pogba, Fernandes, Martial and Greenwood combined remember.... walks into that United team (According to some)

On a serious note though, anything is possible.

They are brilliant right now, however I still think they are vulnerable. Hold them at bay, bully them and hit them with a sucker punch some of that doubt may start to creep back in from their young players. They aren;t in classic swagger Man U mode yet, still a work in progress.

4 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I guess I'm somewhat of a masochist because I watched all of our rivals games since the restart. But that also gives me insight that a lot of the people predicting all these wins for them haven't. As bad as we've been, we've been the best of the bunch. They have all been truly horrendous, and that includes West Ham.

Must of missed the part since the restart where we won. My bad.

Wow, West Ham have blown their big opportunity to take the pressure off and get some daylight between themselves and the relegation fight. They’re right back in it and now have an arse squeaking game at Norwich followed by a bigger 6 pointer with Watford! Happy days. And following that they’re away at UTD.......before us on final day. All of a sudden they’ve got huge pressure back on themselves with the games they have left. Three 6 pointers in their final 4 games. That’s pressure!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sheff Utd, Newcastle, Wolves and Liverpool were all there for the taking and gave us a chance. We just arent good enough.

Ill be astonished if we are still in with a chance on that final day. Imagine the adrenaline shot we’ll all get if it somehow happened. Definitely need that in my life

8 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

But we've got super Jack Grealish, who is better than Pogba, Fernandes, Martial and Greenwood combined remember.... walks into that United team (According to some)

They are brilliant right now, however I still think they are vulnerable. Hold them at bay, bully them and hit them with a sucker punch some of that doubt may start to creep back in from their young players. They aren;t in classic swagger Man U mode yet, still a work in progress.

Basically we need to take Fernandes out early, proper old school hatchet job on him. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Like i said in a previous post though i don't think we are good enough to hold out teams, top teams. I certainly don't think we lacked for effort on sunday but our shape, sharpness in general, in the head and with the feet - can't see us keeping out Fernandes, rashford, greenwood etc. Wouldn't be at opposed to going as what's perceived " ugly " with selection tomorrow. Start Hourihane. He's not the greatest but he gets on to second balls and if Jack gets fouled and we win corners. Start Elmo, won't give you much going forward but he's a better defender at right full than Konsa and Guilbert. Has a decent range finder over the top.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

Amazing how sarcasm came to replace: 'Oh sorry, yes, I see that I was wrong'.

I wasn't going for sarcasm therefore why would i admit i was wrong. I meant it truthfully. Game in hands - only matter if you win.

Just now, Johnnyp said:

I wasn't going for sarcasm therefore why would i admit i was wrong. I meant it truthfully. Game in hands - only matter if you win.

Well yes, I think "in our own hands" takes this into account so I'm not sure what you're getting at.

• Like 2

Watford have probably got another win in them. If they get to 34 chances are Villa need to get to 35 with goal difference. Lose to Man U and that’s eight from four games needed. Hard.

• Like 1

Watford have probably got another win in them. If they get to 34 chances are Villa need to get to 35 with goal difference. Lose to Man U and that’s eight from four games needed. Hard.

No doubt. But it's still in our own hands.

We need to win tomorrow. Not just for the 3 points but for the psychology of it. It would give us a massive lift. Maybe provide a springboard for us to mount the great escape. Equally, it would be a massive blow to WH, Watford and Bournemouth. Massive game. We need to pull one out the bag!

• Like 3