Relegation thread

Knutserov13

2 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Newcastle will go out in every game and try to win because Steve Bruce will want to win every game he doesn't care if they are safe or not, and he will motivate the players to fight. They don't play good football but that is the difference between us an Newcastle right now. Their manager maybe worse at everything else by because he motivates the players to fight they have a chance in every game they play. Unlike us who can only seem to get it up for 1 game every 5 weeks. 

Unless you are Liverpool and actually have nothing to play for teams won't down tools just because they are safe.

Clubs will want to finish as high as possible. I think people expecting Crystal Palace to be be playing in first gear in our upcoming game is in for a surprise.

9 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Mate he's used it plenty. Busy day ahead. Won't be scrolling through post match press conferences to satisfy your conscience. Sorry.

So, a quick Google tells me that he doesn't use it an excuse for a defeat. He more so brings it up to try and protect jack from getting injured. And it's been twice this season as far as I can see. Not really a fair bit or plenty. One of those times was after arguably one of our best results of our season... Man Utd away.

But no, you carry on using lies to beat Smith up with 'mate'

Edited by Mjvilla

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Everton drew with Liverpool.

Southampton beat Man City.

Do you want me to go on? 

Merseyside Derby. Man City’s 9th League defeat this season, and from a wonder goal. By all means, keep going on 😂

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Unless you are Liverpool and actually have nothing to play for teams won't down tools just because they are safe.

Clubs will want to finish as high as possible. I think people expecting Crystal Palace to be be playing in first gear in our upcoming game is in for a surprise.

I'd still fancy Palace to win in first gear tbh.

• Haha 1

As I said yesterday, by FT on Sunday we will know more so where we will be next season. Watford win on sat and we lose on Sunday it’s curtains. Tomorrow is a free hit (hate that saying) but we could really do with a positive result and a goal from a striker for some belief. 

Kept me up all night last night this ☹️ 

I think the people claiming that they are "looking forward to the Championship" are lying to themselves.

Premier League is the place to be, and it's where the opportunities open up for more prestigious games.

"Yeah but all you can hope for is to make up the numbers at best".

Bollox.

Leicester say hello, Wolves say hello, Sheffield United etc say hello.

On a more selfish level, it makes it harder for me to watch games.

Typical I have a 2 year contract with BEIN Sports to watch us since we got promoted as well ffs.

• Like 4

Best case scenario if we are relegated we can bully a bunch of clubs with a 1/5th 1/10th of our budget while our owners cover our losses. Big whoop.

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I think the people claiming that they are "looking forward to the Championship" are lying to themselves.

Premier League is the place to be, and it's where the opportunities open up for more prestigious games.

"Yeah but all you can hope for is to make up the numbers at best".

Bollox.

Leicester say hello, Wolves say hello, Sheffield United etc say hello.

On a more selfish level, it makes it harder for me to watch games.

Typical I have a 2 year contract with BEIN Sports to watch us since we got promoted as well ffs.

Nope I hate the Premier League its not football just greedy bunch of scumbags as shown by this season. I like football not an international corporation and happier to be out of it. The only interest I have is that my team happens to play in it. 

Harder for me to watch games as well but still better than being in this scum league 

• Like 1

I'll be honest. I hate the champ apart from our 10 game run. 1st season I expected it to be tough but not that tough. 2nd season we should have got autos and 3rd season we were terrible until the run of games. We need to be in the PL to try and flex our muscle a bit. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Nope I hate the Premier League its not football just greedy bunch of scumbags as shown by this season. I like football not an international corporation and happier to be out of it. The only interest I have is that my team happens to play in it. 

Harder for me to watch games as well but still better than being in this scum league 

I agree with your view on the Premier League. The players were asked to take a wage cut to save normal people’s jobs and they found every excuse they could not to. The best excuse being that they wanted to pay as much tax as possible to save the NHS! Well fire your expensive accountants and just pay the tax you should then. Or heaven forbid pay a contribution out of your money after tax!

But don’t worry Jordan Henderson is arranging a whip round. Whatever happened to that I don’t know. In the end they decided that taking a knee and wearing a T-shirt was preferable. They felt morally superior and saved a fortune too, job done. Representatives for Wellingborough. 

Edited by DaveAV1
  • Like 1

I much prefer the championship to the continual wankfest over the top 4.

Feels more like proper football to me. 

Been so apathetic towards villa in the Premier in more recent years (and now) 

Rekindled my love for them in the championship. 

• Like 4

i hated the championship. weekly mid week games, sub par football, and being the constant ridicule by mates that support small, shite teams like southampton, palace and bournemouth that they're the big boys and we're languishing in the lower leagues. **** the championship. big away allocations is about the only plus but that's negated now because we wont even be able to attend any games for the foreseeable future

• Like 2

I love the Championship, the football feels real and it's nice going into every game knowing you have a chance of winning. The season's mean something with a chance of achieving promotion right upto the last few months.

However it will be a huge backwards step and it will undo a lot of hard work that has gone into getting the club back to where it currently is.

The three worst parts of relegation will be:

a) thinking we are going to smash the league, and quickly realise/remember how difficult it is with teams stepping up their game against Aston Villa.

b) after promotion, whenever that comes around again; we will have to relive another season like this one, battling to keep our heads above water.

c) the exodus of players, beginning with Jack Grealish. The likes of Tyrone Mings, John McGinn and Douglas Luiz may also depart. After finally having a glimmer of hope for the future that will be extinguished in one Summer.

The next 5 games are bigger than cup finals for this football club. I just hope we do enough to keep us up come the end of it.

• Like 1

I like the idea of returning to the Premier League with a much more solid foundation than we came up with this season.

If we can bounce back within 1 year, depending on who we keep, we could go and buy 5 or so incredibly good players to improve what's already there, rather than a whole squad of below average players like we did this season.

One of the things that dicked us over this year was the sheer amount of players we needed to buy. If the number of players we need to bring in is 5 and not 12, we can purchase much better quality. 

Yes teams can come up and do well without spending much (Sheffield United, Wolves etc), but they do that by having solid foundations in the Championship and then improve on it. Buying a whole new squad upon promotion is a bit of a recipe for a disaster, as we know only too well now.

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I agree with your view on the Premier League. The players were asked to take a wage cut to save normal people’s jobs and they found every excuse they could not to. The best excuse being that they wanted to pay as much tax as possible to save the NHS! Well fire your expensive accountants and just pay the tax you should then. Or heaven forbid pay a contribution out of your money after tax!

But don’t worry Jordan Henderson is arranging a whip round. Whatever happened to that I don’t know. In the end they decided that taking a knee and wearing a T-shirt was preferable. They felt morally superior and saved a fortune too, job done. Representatives for Wellingborough. 

Take it from someone who advises PL footballers. They pay their tax fairly. It comes out as PAYE. Further footballers do plenty for the community and charity and a lot of it you never hear about it.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I like the idea of returning to the Premier League with a much more solid foundation than we came up with this season.

If we can bounce back within 1 year, depending on who we keep, we could go and buy 5 or so incredibly good players to improve what's already there, rather than a whole squad of below average players like we did this season.

One of the things that dicked us over this year was the sheer amount of players we needed to buy. If the number of players we need to bring in is 5 and not 12, we can purchase much better quality. 

Yes teams can come up and do well without spending much (Sheffield United, Wolves etc), but they do that by having solid foundations in the Championship and then improve on it. Buying a whole new squad upon promotion is a bit of a recipe for a disaster, as we know only too well now.

Is the right answer 

2 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Take it from someone who advises PL footballers. They pay their tax fairly. It comes out as PAYE. Further footballers do plenty for the community and charity and a lot of it you never hear about it.

My rant was more the moneymen than players. Players get a shit deal from the media and fans