Generic Virus Thread

villakram

8 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Western Unions and the like.

Yeah, my first thought was it was something dodgy to do with rich people moving money about but then I figured it probably meant those who regularly transfer some of their wages to their family.

• Like 1

Out for a run today. Definitely seems more busy. More cars about and more people. I think people are breaching the lockdown more as boredom is kicking in. 

A friend of mine mentioned the factory he works at are opening Monday with reduced staff, could be that their has been a government tip off of relaxing some of the lockdown rules 

3 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Out for a run today. Definitely seems more busy. More cars about and more people. I think people are breaching the lockdown more as boredom is kicking in. 

A friend of mine mentioned the factory he works at are opening Monday with reduced staff, could be that their has been a government tip off of relaxing some of the lockdown rules 

My work did the same this Monday, To be fair to them their was never any guidance or legislation put in place that meant factories had to close, as far as im aware. I think most just did it because they felt it was the right thing to do.

• Like 1

Hoping I must be over it now, definitely the Mrs is, she's been painting the fences. I've been putting up a new shed, but I tell you what I am knackered much more than usual. I cycle so see myself as reasonably fit, but I couldn't even fit up a plastic shed today. Still cant taste or smell f*** all mind.

As for testing, they are still not testing anyone but NHS staff an that is only once, as they wanted my Mrs back tomorrow but refused to retest her so she's having another week off. They not interested in testing me even though I had symptoms.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, snowychap said:

Erm:

I don't understand what that last paragraph is getting at. How can you 'be' outside your house without 'leaving' it? It's the same thing. 

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

I don't understand what that last paragraph is getting at. How can you 'be' outside your house without 'leaving' it? It's the same thing. 

Sitting in your front garden chatting to neighbours?

9 minutes ago, lp_villa830 said:

I'm pretty sure that in the legal sense, your garden is still considered your home.

My uneducated best guess, before you could say "I left my house to buy essential groceries and I'm now doing other things. But my purpose for leaving the house complied with the law"

Now they can say "and now you're done, so piss off home" whereas they couldn't (legally) do that before as the law only referred to the reason why you went out, not why you were staying out.

Edit - and I'm not sure I really agree with the quoted Twitterer's analysis about it affecting everyone. If you're acting within the spirit of what the lockdown is trying to achieve rather than just the specific legal terminology of how it is being enforced, I can't see how the change will affect anybody. 

Edited by ml1dch
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

6 minutes ago, lp_villa830 said:

Garden counts as where you live.

I think it's that the reasonable excuse was needed in order to leave the place where you live and not to remain away from, i.e. be outside of the place where you are living.

Edit: Beaten to it above. :)

Edited by snowychap

58 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I had to answer a few questions today about whether I'm happy working from home or if it rather be back in the office. 

There was a big rush on it, we got sent it at 11pm and everyone in the department had to answer it by 1:30pm 

I'd quite happily get back into the office.

30 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Hoping I must be over it now, definitely the Mrs is, she's been painting the fences. I've been putting up a new shed, but I tell you what I am knackered much more than usual. I cycle so see myself as reasonably fit, but I couldn't even fit up a plastic shed today. Still cant taste or smell f*** all mind.

As for testing, they are still not testing anyone but NHS staff an that is only once, as they wanted my Mrs back tomorrow but refused to retest her so she's having another week off. They not interested in testing me even though I had symptoms.

Sounds positive 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

My instant thought was front gardens are now off limits

59 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Hoping I must be over it now, definitely the Mrs is, she's been painting the fences. I've been putting up a new shed, but I tell you what I am knackered much more than usual. 

Dude you need to find your inner lazy

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, bickster said:

Too late to help this fella. 

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/tayside_and_central/7314643.stm

A 58-year-old man who fed pigeons wearing only a skimpy thong which was back to front has been fined £150.

Neighbours spotted David Batchelor in his street in Perth in the underwear which left his genitals partly exposed.

Perth Sheriff Court heard that children walking home from school had been passing by at the time.

His lawyer said that Batchelor had been drunk and there was no sexual element to the way he had behaved. He admitted committing a breach of the peace.

When officers had turned up to investigate they found Batchelor still partially dressed and with his flimsy thong on the wrong way round.

At the court previously, Fiscal Depute Hannah Kennedy said: "The witnesses watched as the accused walked between the common close entrance and the pavement. He went behind some bushes outside his house.

"There were a large number of schoolchildren passing his home address at this stage. 

"He returned to his flat then reappeared still wearing this item.

"It was still exposing his genitalia. The witnesses were alarmed by his actions and concerned for the children who had passed."

Batchelor claimed he had not seen anyone around, but then confessed he looked at everyone as they went past and the "schoolgirls were bonnie."

25 minutes ago, bickster said:

22 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Absurd. 

This isn't the case. Gardens are specifically called out as being part of your property, and therefore ok. It's to deal with the loophole explained above. It got some publicity when some barristers were discussing the issue on Twitter a week or so ago. 

• Thanks 1

Â