Generic Virus Thread

villakram

2 hours ago, bickster said:

Watched it from start to finish, even researchd the publication. it's a profoundly Anti-Chinese State, pro  a certain Chinese religion Publication

It has done good work in the past but it's bias against the Chinese State has clouded it's judgement here

The experts, weren't really experts in the fields they were offering opinion on

Been taken down now, which is interesting.

We are doing exactly what Trump wants. He goes it's not my fault, look at the WHO and we debate the merits of his criticism. In the USA the buck stops with him however he squirms. If it didn't work he would point at something or someone else. He already tried blaming impeachment, Obama, Pelosi, the Democrats and the Chinese, but it's the WHO one now and if that doesn't stick he will try something else. He can't declare himself bankrupt to get out of this or get a bail out from daddy or Deutsche Bank, so he is clean out of options and loosing his mind. Well, loosing his mind more than normal.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Straggler said:

Trump

I have watched loads of his News conferences recently,  almost all in the last few weeks.

I think his grip on reality is slowly moving to the door quietly whispering "bye bye".

The last 2 weeks have been really bad. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Straggler said:

We are doing exactly what Trump wants. He goes it's not my fault, look at the WHO and we debate the merits of his criticism. In the USA the buck stops with him however he squirms. If it didn't work he would point at something or someone else. He already tried blaming impeachment, Obama, Pelosi, the Democrats and the Chinese, but it's the WHO one now and if that doesn't stick he will try something else. He can't declare himself bankrupt to get out of this or get a bail out from daddy or Deutsche Bank, so he is clean out of options and loosing his mind. Well, loosing his mind more than normal.

I agree with that too. The funny thing is he has a bit of a point when he says the travel ban was the right thing to do (although it was much less complete than he makes out in hindsight), but then having bought the country several weeks, he did . . . absolutely nothing, except play the crisis down in the media. As you say, at the end of the day, 'the buck stops with him'.

The WHO doesn't help Trump get re-elected and doesn't gargle his bollocks, therefore it's fair game for him to point at and declare the real problem.

All whilst he sits at the head of a country with a medical system specially designed not to work in this kind of situation (unless you're rich), and where homeless people are allocated spaces in a car park to sleep in.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

I agree with that too. The funny thing is he has a bit of a point when he says the travel ban was the right thing to do (although it was much less complete than he makes out in hindsight), but then having bought the country several weeks, he did . . . absolutely nothing, except play the crisis down in the media. As you say, at the end of the day, 'the buck stops with him'.

He did play a few rounds of golf, so it's not like absolutely nothing.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

I have watched loads of his News conferences recently,  almost all in the last few weeks.

I think his grip on reality is slowly moving to the door quietly whispering "bye bye".

I don’t know. The more people hate him the more middle America will vote for him

8 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

It is gripping to watch though. When we’re (mostly) all sat here hoping he gets replaced by the senile guy who forgets where/who he is, the future doesn’t look that great. On the upside, at least Biden will be surrounded by people who are competent and do the whole ‘government’ part of the job. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bickster said:

The missus also tells me that unusually smokers / former smokers are less likelty to be hospitilised with Covid-19 but also added that weed is a different matter and seems to make matters worse

That seems to make no sense at all, given that the vast majority of people smoking weed will have it combined with tobacco.

Also, there remains the theory that elements of weed are actually medicinal in nature so I don’t get it.

I am a regular user so if I suddenly stop posting perhaps it’s not total BS ;)

44 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

At first I thought you were talking about Biden! They are both hopeless.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, PaulC said:

It’s the third strain of coronavirus. 

She’s making it sound like the 19th. 19 is the year

She probably knows this too. Her whole function is to lie at every turn.

• Like 2

Â