Generic Virus Thread

villakram

Got a company call in a few mins - sounds like we are going down the furlough route as we need to save on costs - sales are shit. Customers are having to close shops apart from those that sell online. 

Dont know if my role is directly affected, as IT support and e-commerce manager for UK, I’d probs expect to still be working, but, don’t know. 

Really annoying, and worrying

4 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Got a company call in a few mins - sounds like we are going down the furlough route as we need to save on costs - sales are shit. Customers are having to close shops apart from those that sell online. 

Dont know if my role is directly affected, as IT support and e-commerce manager for UK, I’d probs expect to still be working, but, don’t know. 

Really annoying, and worrying

Good luck mate. I'm an ecom manager and been asked to work from home. Ecom sales are the only avenue to bring cash into our business at the moment. 

• Like 1

I work in toolsets (ServiceNOW) and we're busier than ever. I guess customers who had to close stores are using the time to do rework on their tooling whilst it's quiet.

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

Just had a call with a supplier in Germany, she said they are planning to have their factories back up and running in week 17. 

20th April would seem optimistic but interesting nether the less ...

1 minute ago, tonyh29 said:

20th April would seem optimistic but interesting nether the less ...

Yes, I was surprised but it was said with a fair amount of confidence.

Incidentally, immediately after was a call with Italian supplier... hasn’t got the faintest idea when they’ll restart production (unsurprisingly).

5 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

569 new deaths. 

Better than the 850 some models were predicting. Unless the gov and NHS are using some more "creative accounting" to deflate the number. 

As has been mentioned several times now, this gruesome count is at best misleading and, at worst, scaremongering.

Every day approximately 1500 die in the UK. So, of these 569 deaths, how many were outside that 'normality'.

Another words how many people are dying BECAUSE of Covid19 and how many are dying WITH Covid19. That is by far the most relevant data that is needed, even if I suspect many of these cases it's hard to say primary cause.

It might be a more relevant indication of infection spread over mortality rates. If you assume everybody in the country has the virus then 1500 people should be expected to die from it daily. If those 1500 are still dying but 'only' 500 have corona then you could argue only a third of the population is currently infected. All very crude maths.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, jackbauer24 said:

As has been mentioned several times now, this gruesome count is at best misleading and, at worst, scaremongering.

Every day approximately 1500 die in the UK. So, of these 569 deaths, how many were outside that 'normality'.

Another words how many people are dying BECAUSE of Covid19 and how many are dying WITH Covid19. That is by far the most relevant data that is needed, even if I suspect many of these cases it's hard to say primary cause.

It might be a more relevant indication of infection spread over mortality rates. If you assume everybody in the country has the virus then 1500 people should be expected to die from it daily. If those 1500 are still dying but 'only' 500 have corona then you could argue only a third of the population is currently infected. All very crude maths.

Someone try and be positive on here please!

2 minutes ago, jackbauer24 said:

To use an analogy, those people were always going to fall down the stairs, Covid just pushed them off the top step. 

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Someone try and be positive on here please!

Statistically, it should be getting easier to find a parking space at the golf club after this.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

To use an analogy, those people were always going to fall down the stairs, Covid just pushed them off the top step. 

Not even that necessarily. It could be they died of whatever causes would have killed them. They just happened to have Covid19 at the time. It's entirely possible someone with cancer who was asymptomatic with Covid19 died and was still counted in those numbers.

• Like 1

If people are looking for a bit of comedy to lighten the mood, Liz Truss is doing the briefing today! 

Not sure If she’s going to be giving us updates on Coronavirus or the % of cheese we currently import (disgracefully) 

8 minutes ago, jackbauer24 said:

So I guess the real question is how many people in the UK are currently dying?

Did 1500 people die today as would be the average? Or did 1500 + 569 die, meaning a total of 2069 deaths being out of the ordinary.

• Like 4

Â