Generic Virus Thread

villakram

35 minutes ago, Genie said:

I really don’t think it’s Jaguar (or Landrover). It’s been widely reported they have shutdown all UK production until at least 20th April.

Maybe they have a group of people in to move some cars or something like that. 80 people is nowhere near enough to build anything.

It's to build cars in trim and final 

Looks like they're considering scaling down other treatments?

Like just about all of them. Including chemo.

This is not a good time to fall ill with anything.

17 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

I stopped reading at  "The possible linkage between these two events was first discussed in an Oct. 31, 2019 article..." 

• Like 1

Martin Pall has been banging this drum for years, yet has not been published on the topic in a single peer reviewed journal. He's qualified, but on this topic seems a bit of a conspiracy theorist with no research to back up his claims.

8 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Obviously - by definition - I don't know if I've got any undiagnosed medical conditions, but I'd be surprised. For an over 65, all my indicators are good. Fitness, weight, BMI, blood pressure, heart rate, all excellent. No allergies beyond mild hayfever a couple of weeks a year, no diabetes, no history of heart disease in the immediate family. If it was just me, I'd say bring it on, I'd rather go through the suffering and get it over with. But I worry about the missus - she has rheumatoid arthritis, and takes immumosuppressant drugs, plus has had cancer, and close family with a history of heart disease. Every time I come back from the shops, I'm scared I'm bringing her a death sentence. :(

Watch my video posted 12 hours ago.

It mentions people who are immune compromised. 

They are not as delicate as you'd expect!

Be smart around her, wash, clean, return from the shops and change your clothes and shower, but she will not suffer if you do things sensibly.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, LondonLax said:

Unfortunately until there is a vaccine you will need to take every precaution. 

Here is advice from a Spanish health authority that might be useful to you?

image.jpeg

Useful advice, except for number 4.

Unless it's a lab coat or scrubs, don't bother putting your clothes on a 60º wash, especially with bleach in the cycle.  You may as well burn them.

'Absolutely wrong': how UK's coronavirus test strategy unravelled

'[...]

Less than two weeks on from the lockdown that Johnson announced on 23 March, the original strategy, the decisions that came before and after it, and the UK’s inability to ramp up testing for NHS staff – let alone anyone else – are under unrelenting scrutiny.

Ministers have been flailing. What has emerged is a picture of confusion and uncertainty at the top, with ministers making promises they cannot keep and apparently with little comprehension of the global tussle for tests that may make it impossible for the UK to buy its way belatedly out of the problem.

The UK is now competing with every other nation to obtain the kits it needs, particularly the polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test, which tells someone whether they have Covid-19 or not.

The Guardian has been told that presidents and prime ministers are trying to outbid each other to secure these kits and their components, which are in short supply. The US also has woken up to the need to test – and is telling companies that export them that America must come first.

No wonder, perhaps, the UK now finds itself struggling to increase testing to 25,000 a day for hospital patients and health workers, let alone meet its ambition – once stated but now seldom mentioned – to reach 100,000 a day, to include other key workers.

[...]

But another sign of the disconnect between public health experts and Downing Street became evident last Wednesday. Prof Sharon Peacock, director of infections at Public Health England, told MPs that millions of home testing kits would be available, delivered by Amazon or bought in Boots, within days, not weeks.

“Tests are being ordered across Europe and elsewhere and purchased in south-east Asia. This is widespread practice. We are not alone in doing this,” she said.

But within hours, Whitty seemed to quash the idea. He warned that antibody tests needed proper evaluation, which was being undertaken at Oxford University. “The key thing for us to do is evaluate. Are these tests accurate enough to be used by the general public?” he said at the prime minister’s press conference the same day.

The health secretary, Matt Hancock, has said the government had bought 3.5m antibody tests, but the Guardian understands the UK has actually put in orders for 40m more. It is the sort of drastic gamble that governments around the world are taking, afraid that stocks will disappear.''

more on link: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/01/absolutely-wrong-how-uk-coronavirus-test-strategy-unravelled

Â