Generic Virus Thread

villakram

4 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Fair to be honest. I am working from home currently and I presume the neighbour is too, their chihuahua or shitsu or whatever the **** it is has been yapping not stop for 10 days.

I give it another 4 days before I hop the fence and punt it into the next postcode.

Tbf a shitty little dog yapping is fair game for a volley to the jaw. Kids getting a bit of exercise and fun whilst they are deprived of school, friends and most other normal things is ok with me.

Going further off topic it’s incredible just how many people rat on their neighbours to the council but are terrified of them finding out it was them. Pussies, just knock the door and have a chat.

Edited by Genie

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

Pussies, just knock the door and have a chat.

Not sure this is a reasonable reason to leave the house these days without a police drone descending. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Genie said:

This reminded me of something my wife said the other day. She works for the council and someone had called up to complain about the noise from their neighbour, they said what sort of noise is it? It’s children playing in the garden. Well, why is it a problem? They said because they were having to work from home children shouldn’t be allowed to make noise in the garden as they find it distracting :lol:

I'm hoping it only reminded you of that and you weren't actually drawing a comparison as there's obviously a great deal of difference with just being understanding of reasonable noise from other people and a pneumatic drill going at it for several hours at a pop.

I do think the reasonable noise issue is something that people could and should think about. What might constitute reasonable noise if one were to do it only a bit and intermittently (cracking on sith some DIY, for example) might turn out to be a real issue if someone decides that they're going to utilise the time to turn their home in to a 8am to 8pm building site whilst everyone is confined to barracks.

It's all about being a little more understanding and considerate of other people and the situation in which we all find ourselves. It's a similar thing to the social distancing, deciding whether or not your work is essential, considering that not spreading the virus is supposed to be the message not whether or not people care if they themselves get it, &c.

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Labour have been essentially rudderless since the GE. It's not a huge surprise.

Not just rudderless, clueless. 

They need to try and reconnect with their ‘red wall’ heartlands that the Tories took last time. 

Instead they fill twitter with nonsense about justice for women with penises, Palestine and veganism, endlessly agreeing with each other before getting killed at election time.

Labour has frankly disappeared up its own arse, completely divorced from the things most people care about but fanatically devoted to causes they don’t. Most people are important, if you ever want to win an election, get power and do stuff.

Instead, Labour is the only thing keeping the Tories in power. 

15 minutes ago, Genie said:

Pussies, just knock the door and have a chat.

But wear gloves/take an anti-bac wipe and then stand back.

That's adivce in general where I live not just for the current social-distancing requirements. :)

51 minutes ago, Genie said:

This reminded me of something my wife said the other day. She works for the council and someone had called up to complain about the noise from their neighbour, they said what sort of noise is it? It’s children playing in the garden. Well, why is it a problem? They said because they were having to work from home children shouldn’t be allowed to make noise in the garden as they find it distracting :lol: 

One of my friends had complaints from her neighbours because her son was in the back garden shooting basketball hoops. 

37 minutes ago, sne said:

Guns, ammo and Bible sale through the roof in the US during the pandemic 🙄

A podcast I listen to has an ad they do as a conversation between 2 of the presenters which goes something like this

'I'm keeping stocked up on anti-bac hand gel and stuff'

'Yeah? You got any canned food there?'

'Why, who's asking?'

'Me and this shotgu - *laughter*'

It's probably closer to the truth than you'd want to think.

3 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

The poor fella never made it 😪

Terrible news. 

My friend at heartlands is beginning to just get used to multiple deaths in the ICU each day. 

I really hope this peaks soon and we start to slow it down.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chindie said:

A podcast I listen to has an ad they do as a conversation between 2 of the presenters which goes something like this

'Why, who's asking?'

Apparently Dr Anthony Fauci, the guy who is constantly correcting Trump at the daily press conferences at the White House is getting extra security from now on since he is receiving a growing number of threats to his person.

Uncomfortable truths and so on.

• Sad 1

54 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

If God was real, why would he allow this sort of thing to happen to us? 

"It's a test" 

The other answer to the god question is “he moves in mysterious ways”

God will get the credit for fixing it in the end I’m sure.

Edited by Genie

33 minutes ago, Chindie said:

'Why, who's asking?'

All the people without guns are just unknowingly panic buying & hoarding supplies for those that have decided to just take a trip to the gun store instead

Â