Generic Virus Thread

villakram

10 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

... don't bother putting your clothes on a 60º wash, especially with bleach in the cycle.  You may as well burn them.

Can you translate this parchment?

external-content.duckduckgo-2.jpg

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Xann said:

Can you translate this parchment?

external-content.duckduckgo-2.jpg

Essentially dry-clean only, iron cool.

On a related note, those symbols were created and are owned by a French company.  All brands are required to use the symbols in their products and, by default, are required to pay a licence fee to the French company.  A legalised racket.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

some interesting data emerging on why it’s not all old people and some victims have been “fit and healthy”

seems there are three main markers to indicate future severe COVID-19 symptoms: high levels of the liver enzyme alanine aminotransferase (ALT), self-reported muscle pain, and high levels of the protein hemoglobin.

might help prioritise who needs treatment going forward 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, terrytini said:

Guys I’m surprised at the daily shock at the death toll. 
It’s all very easily predictable, give or take.

So the numbers shouldn’t really come as a surprise.

Id have thought everyone knew what to expect by now. 
If you don’t, it’s likely somewhere up to 6,7,800 deaths a day for a month. And something like another 1,2,3000 seriously ill every day.

My chart has been frighteningly accurate for 3 weeks now, had today's at 590 from Saturday and it was 563 with total cases at circa 30k, actuall was 29,475 

Tomorrow is showing around 875 fatalities, Sun/Mon actual cases doubling showing circa 60k. 

1 minute ago, Kingman said:

My chart has been frighteningly accurate for 3 weeks now, had today's at 590 from Saturday and it was 563 with total cases at circa 30k, actuall was 29,475 

Tomorrow is showing around 875 fatalities, Sun/Mon actual cases doubling showing circa 60k. 

Can you share this (apologies if you have previously)

57 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Indeed it’s very straightforward.

Agree re Monday - using a slight adaption of the Italy figures ( I merge them a bit with others in Europe) i would estimate is 55,000 cases and 850 deaths.

Again, for those who are sceptical about the seriousness, “ cases” means, for the most part, people in Hospital. So the very ill. The number actually with the illness is unknown but could easily be 10, 20. 50 times that.

Edited by terrytini

49 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Can you share this (apologies if you have previously)

Apologies if you already know about this and wanted his particular chart......

But just in case you weren’t aware......I use this and have done for over a month, it remains an accurate guide.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Lots of data.

For an unscientific but good UK prediction I use Italy’s charts from 16 days prior to the date you are interested in.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

5B0EE831-64BA-42FC-A151-B58F53357011.jpeg

Strangely I now wonder just two things:

What is the age of consent for a lizard?

Would the world now have a cure for cancer if just one of the thousands of “Dear Jim’ll Fix It, will you fix it...” letters had gone on to “promise to do anything if you make Grandma’s cancer go away.”?

• Haha 2

Here is an interesting news video from the BBC.

Lockdown in China is very different to lockdown in the UK, EU and the rest of the world.

Wuhan went into lockdown on 23rd Jan and are just seeing restrictions being lifted. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-asia-52104798/coronavirus-how-china-s-using-surveillance-to-tackle-outbreak

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-asia-521

Coronavirus: How China's using surveillance to tackle outbreak

The coronavirus pandemic may have emerged in China, but the country now has fewer cases than the US, Italy and Spain.

The Chinese government has used tools such as phone tracking to control the outbreak. Other countries are starting to look at similar technological solutions.

But how does China's controversial surveillance system work and can state intervention on this scale be justified?

7 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Tory newspapers deciding to unleash for a moment, it seems:

EUjBbYUXsAUW4cu?format=jpg&name=large

EUjBbYdXgAI-z7o?format=jpg&name=medium

EUjBbYaXkAIkHbT?format=jpg&name=large

Good to see that it's not just the Guardian who can actually slap their party overlords when they think they're behaving like "#¤"#.

8 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Tory newspapers deciding to unleash for a moment, it seems:

EUjBbYUXsAUW4cu?format=jpg&name=large

EUjBbYdXgAI-z7o?format=jpg&name=medium

EUjBbYaXkAIkHbT?format=jpg&name=large

If these words removed win power again it will be the biggest brain washing event in history. 

The thing is I fully expect it. Boris hailed as some sort of hero when it's all over. 

13 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

If these words removed win power again it will be the biggest brain washing event in history. 

The thing is I fully expect it. Boris hailed as some sort of hero when it's all over. 

As I'm sure you've seen, there have been satisfaction surveys up till now showing the public back Johnson - I'm amazed how brain washed Daily Mail readers are and I include extremely intelligent people in that bracket - so to see the papers change tack is welcome news. They're a fragile coalition of muppets at the best of times, but without the right wing press? They're toast. Favourite moment today is Matt Hancock returns from isolation - to explain probably the biggest daily loss of life so far - any minister today is in line for a hammering, but only fitting it's Matt fookin Hancock. 

17 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

It’ll happen. It’s already happening. My gf has no interest in politics and she’s going on about how well Boris is doing. 

People rally around the leader on these situations. I said it before, Boris will come out of this better than ever. 

• Like 2

Â