Generic Virus Thread

villakram

When I first started going back to work there were loads of spaces at the main station car park. 

Gradually its got busier and busier.  Now I always have to use the overflow car park. 

I'm a long way from not getting a space at all but it's gradually getting back to normal. 

On 16/05/2022 at 09:33, markavfc40 said:

Confirmed my suspicions that he is a shoplifter living in the past. 

FTFY

Imagine being a shoplifter and still having your TV presenting job these days....!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

I'm a long way from not getting a space at all but it's gradually getting back to normal. 

And not even The New Normal. The boring Old Normal. 

On 17/05/2022 at 12:46, sidcow said:

When I first started going back to work there were loads of spaces at the main station car park. 

Gradually its got busier and busier.  Now I always have to use the overflow car park. 

Thank God for the monkeypox outbreak. I don't want it to go back to normal! 

Four Oaks train station car park is full every day now. Not as early as it used to be, but still full by 9am. 

I had to stand on a train journey home the other week. Yet my office my empty when i was last in. Lots of other firms must be pretty much back to pre pandemic staffing levels in town (mate). 

• 2 weeks later...

I found this on page three (not that one, Kenneth), which I guess is a good sign of life moving on…

That is, unless you happen to live in Shanghai where residents are being subjected to enforced disinfections. Teams of hazmat suited goons are breaking into houses and ransacking them in the name of disinfection.

All it takes is for one person to test positive, and whole neighbourhoods are being taken to isolation camps against their will. Pretty shocking stuff in this video, but wholly unsurprising from the communist government. 

The rate at which Covid research has been scaled down has alarmed the scientists working on it greatly. Not just because they've suddenly found themselves looking for new jobs, they sort of assumed the Tories would do the sensible thing and keep watch on the bug's development for at least a couple more years.

Another dangerous gamble then.

• Like 1

Monkeypox is fairly easily treatable and it doesn't spread easily, thankfully.

The biggest problem the authorities have with it is getting the guidance and awareness balancing act right. It seems to more easily transmit in gay men, which they need to make aware of the danger, whilst also keeping those outside that demographic aware that it is a thing they need to know about, but also not demonise the gay community by making it appear to be a 'gay disease'.

7 hours ago, Chindie said:

Monkeypox is fairly easily treatable and it doesn't spread easily, thankfully.

The biggest problem the authorities have with it is getting the guidance and awareness balancing act right. It seems to more easily transmit in gay men, which they need to make aware of the danger, whilst also keeping those outside that demographic aware that it is a thing they need to know about, but also not demonise the gay community by making it appear to be a 'gay disease'.

I don't think it transmits more easily in gay men, I think it's just got loose in that community and there are lots of people having close physical contact which seems key to its spreading. 

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

I don't think it transmits more easily in gay men, I think it's just got loose in that community and there are lots of people having close physical contact which seems key to its spreading. 

The scientists are saying it is though

The scientists are saying it is spreading in the gay community, as that is where most of the cases are

I've not seen them mention why that is yet because they probably haven't discovered that yet

The most likely reason is some form of activity that is much more prevalent in the gay community is responsible for transmission

Â