Generic Virus Thread

villakram

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Well nearly 2 and a half years in and I've finally got it. Felt bad yesterday but tested negative but felt horrific this morning so tested again and got a very faint positive.

I’m still a virgin. Must be a small group now.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

Yep me too. Wife and both kids have had it the last week and despite being around them for most days, I appear to have gotten away with it.

14 minutes ago, Genie said:

Same here. Grandson had it but that's as close as it came to this household. All my circle of friends have had it, in some cases twice but even with a gig and a festival, up to now, escaped it. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Chindie said:

To my knowledge I've not had it. But I've basically lived like a hermit for 2 years.

My wife and both kids had it all at the same time last summer and I still avoided it. We isolated together for 10 days after being in the car together for 3 hours. They caught it whilst we were away on a UK holiday. The place was absolutely rammed.

It was only 2-3 weeks after my 2nd vaccine shot so I wonder if my immune system was as protective as it could possibly get at that stage.

Edited by Genie

Those of you who think youve never had it may well have had it and not known.

I did the antibody test in early 2021 as part of a government survey thing and it said i had the anti bodies so most likely had it within the previous 6 months but i didn't have so much as a sniffle during that time and never tested myself either.

I caught it for the first time a month ago. Usual symptoms for a week, but 2 days were spent in bed being in agony.

As mentioned above thought I'd escaped it as I've lived like a hermit for 2 and half years.

2 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Same here. Grandson had it but that's as close as it came to this household. All my circle of friends have had it, in some cases twice but even with a gig and a festival, up to now, escaped it. 

Yeah this was basically me until this week.

I've been out countless times, been to gigs, bars, clubs, sports events, cheltenham (twice) etc etc. Always avoided it somehow

Now I've got it I genuinely can't think of how I would have caught it :D 

54 minutes ago, Genie said:

She probably caught it at the bus stop.

Yep, it would have been all that waiting around with other people due to the length of time you have to wait in that there London for buses :D

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Chindie said:

To my knowledge I've not had it. But I've basically lived like a hermit for 2 years.

Same.

Occasional jaunt into the office or for a beer, but still fairly isolated. Not because of any reason apart from being a loner! 

22 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Well nearly 2 and a half years in and I've finally got it. Felt bad yesterday but tested negative but felt horrific this morning so tested again and got a very faint positive.

Hope you feel better soon mate. 

5 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Still 'unvaccinated'. Been cracking on as best as possible throughout. Not had it as far as I'm aware.

Genuinely curious, why are you unvaccinated?

1 hour ago, av1 said:

Hope you feel better soon mate. 

Must admit I feel like absolute dogshit today. Sweating but freezing, throat full of razor blades, whole body hurts. 

People have had it way worse than me and I’m very glad I’m not one of them!

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

Genuinely curious, why are you unvaccinated?

I really don't want to get into the reasoning again as it'll just start another round of bickering and arguments. Informed decision, which up to this point seems justified.

• Like 1

Â