Generic Virus Thread

villakram

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

He's not unvaccinated, he's 'unvaccinated', just trying to work out what the difference is. Perhaps he's unvaccinated, but ironically. 

My brother told me the other day that he only had the first jab.

I asked him why and got a load of rubbish about it being pointless. Then he said he had covid and he was absolutely fine, I said was it after the first jab? Yes… then you can probably thank the vaccine for keeping the symptoms very mild then, no he wasn’t having it. He knows more than the experts and is very proud of his decision.

Just had a text from my GP surgery, it's time for my annual asthma check up. 

For some reason they are still using Covid as an excuse though as it's for a telephone consultation. 

Absolute **** bollocks. How much longer are these doctors going to hide away from everyone? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

For some reason they are still using Covid as an excuse though as it's for a telephone consultation. 

Absolute **** bollocks. How much longer are these doctors going to hide away from everyone? 

What? have you never done a peak flow test down the telephone.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Yep.

Its not just about them. Because it’s impossible to see a GP in person the A&E departments and ambulances are ****. 

It needs sorting urgently.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

They’re basically asking you to breathe down the phone at them?

Scam call mate.

Probably some perv touching himself as he asks what colour inhaler you use.

Heavy breathers is another thing that has all but disappeared like white dogshit.

• Haha 1

Partner tested positive yesterday. Meant to be going away with my mates to Portugal on Friday. She was away the weekend, and I was only with her for around 36 hours before she tested positive so hopefully haven't caught it. I've moved into my parents for a couple days before I go away but what absolutely shit timing.

4 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Well I have a bizarre situation.  

My blood pressure is naturally slightly elevated but on the tablets I’ve been on for ages it’s well within normal range but already in 2022 I think I’ve been called into the surgery to check my blood pressure 5 times for a check yet my asthma can only be done like you as a telephone consultation.  

I asked why because I can take my blood pressure readings at home with the same device they have and regularly advise them if they need but I can’t do my asthma readings because I don’t have one of those fancy machines and they said because of Covid.  

I think they were just as embarrassed by that answer as I was perplexed.  No big deal but a little bizarre.

• Like 1

Over the worst of it now. All my symptoms are mild now EXCEPT for my sore throat. It is absolute **** agony. Worst sore throat I've ever had. It's like swallowing razor blades every time I swallow

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

How’s the throat @Stevo985?

Whenever I get a cold it’s always my throat that is worst. 

We all seem to have vunerable points. Whenever my missus and I catch what is obviously the same cold/flu/virus/whatever, she always gets a sore throat, but I never do. I get the phlegmy cough, she doesn't. I'd go so far as to say I've almost never had a sore throat (arguably twice, very mildly), in a long life. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

We all seem to have vunerable points. Whenever my missus and I catch what is obviously the same cold/flu/virus/whatever, she always gets a sore throat, but I never do. I get the phlegmy cough, she doesn't. I'd go so far as to say I've almost never had a sore throat (arguably twice, very mildly), in a long life. 

Yeah, it’s definitely a weakness I have. I rarely get ill but when I do it’s a really painful throat. Stevo saying this covid gave him the worst one he’s ever had did concern me a little bit.

Edited by Genie

34 minutes ago, Genie said:

How’s the throat @Stevo985?

Whenever I get a cold it’s always my throat that is worst. 

Still raging. But getting slowly better. 

Everything else is fine now. The odd chill and ache and I feel very tired but if it wasn't for the throat I might not even notice

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Are we due another booster anytime soon? Heard nothing but Imagine we would need one 

German health minister is touting the 4th shot over here and has been for the last month or so. I did hear experts say (on the german version of the BBC and not some FOX News style head bangers) the other day though that they are still trying to adapt the mRNA ones to the latest variants and that a 4th shot might not be that effective yet.

Edited by sparrow1988
  • Thanks 1

Sore throats are the worst. 

I used to get tonsillitis 2/3 times a year as a kid, and it got to the point where my tonsils were always swollen and pitted with scarring.  Then I'd get a sore throat at the turn of summer to winter (always the first couple of weeks of school term in September) and I'd be off for 2 weeks.  In the scar "pits" you could see yellow globs of infection and my tonsils would be so swollen, you couldn't see the back of my throat.  

It took until I was 19 for the Dr's to approve their removal and it's been the best thing ever, I've had a few bouts of laryngitis/pharyngitis since then (which is further down the throat), but to not have tonsillitis again, has been awesome.  

• Like 1

I think we should switch to dosing the water supply with vaccine, so everyone gets a tiny top up, constantly and they can simply up the dose if there’s an outbreak.

Well, I don’t necessarily think we should do that. But we should definitely tell people they’re going to do that.

• Haha 1

Â