Generic Virus Thread

villakram

4 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Given that how vaccines work has been a rolling discussion on here for nearly 18 months, how would a regular poster not ‘get it’.

I can only think of a few options:

1.0 Doesn’t actually read other posts.

2.0 Reads other posts but genuinely doesn’t understand them.

3.0 Reads other posts but has such a poor memory that a month later it needs to be run through again, every month, since the end of 2020.

4.0 Reads the posts and just doesn’t believe them because it doesn’t fit what they already think, and if they already think it, it must be right.

5.0 Reads the posts but finds them less interesting or exciting or believable than other stuff from other sources.

6.0 Trolling.

7.0 Reads them, thinks they’ve spotted a flaw in the science, but doesn’t articulate what that flaw is.

8.0 Reads them but just doesn’t trust ‘science’ or ‘medicine’ or ‘government’ or the ‘illuminati’ or something.

9.0 ‘other’

This isn’t about the politics of when to return to ‘normal’ or whether to wear a mask, or the morality of vaccines for kids or the compulsion to be vaccinated. Just about the basic first step of understanding what the vaccine actually does. 

To be fair though who actually trusts this government? Absolute liars

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Absolutely nothing to do with government. 

Pharmaceutical companies even worse. 

Vaccines for kids seems like a bit of a money maker. They are super spreaders, okay, but maybe they should have had it much sooner then.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

Vaccines for kids seems like a bit of a money maker. They are super spreaders, okay, but maybe they should have had it much sooner then.

Christ on a bike, which way do you want it? First it's "they haven't been tested long enough", and now they have, it's "should have been used sooner". 

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

Christ on a bike, which way do you want it? First it's "they haven't been tested long enough", and now they have, it's "should have been used sooner". 

I never said that, I'm not a anti vaxer are you getting me mixed up. Never said it ain't been tested enough on kids either???

The wife and I have both tested positive after managing to stay covid free for 2 years. Our grandson brought it in from school. So far (4 days in), the wife has had some very mild fever and I’m awfully congested nasally. Glad we got omicron and not delta as my wife has asthma.

My rapid tests are already getting weaker, which is surely a good sign that we’re soon over this?

Edited by magnkarl

20 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Then shouldnt be mentioned then in the post 🙂

That's the point. A mistrust of the vaccine because of a mistrust of the government, when they aren't actually linked. That's the entire point. 

15 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

That's the point. A mistrust of the vaccine because of a mistrust of the government, when they aren't actually linked. That's the entire point. 

I think though moving forward, it will have a impact on peoples decison making process. For example if they try enforce another lockdown i dont think people will listen when you have your bozo pm not following his own rules.

When you have liars running the country its gonna cause resistance from some people

41 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I think though moving forward, it will have a impact on peoples decison making process. For example if they try enforce another lockdown i dont think people will listen when you have your bozo pm not following his own rules.

When you have liars running the country its gonna cause resistance from some people

9 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Then how about ignore The Government and ignore The Pharmaceutical companies and instead listen to pretty much every doctor in the world (except the 1% that people with an agenda seem to seek out) and especially the front line A&E doctors who are pleading for everyone to get vaxxed and who repeat again and again that the majority of the people they have to exhaust themselves treating have not been vaccinated. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Then how about ignore The Government and ignore The Pharmaceutical companies and instead listen to pretty much every doctor in the world (except the 1% that people with an agenda seem to seek out) and especially the front line A&E doctors who are pleading for everyone to get vaxxed and who repeat again and again that the majority of the people they have to exhaust themselves treating have not been vaccinated. 

This. As I've mentioned many times before in this thread, our next door neighbours are an A&E consultant and an anaesthetist, so we get regular updates from the front line - and this is exactly their experience. They are also getting their kids covid-vaccinated at the first opportunity. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

This. As I've mentioned many times before in this thread, our next door neighbours are an A&E consultant and an anaesthetist, so we get regular updates from the front line - and this is exactly their experience. They are also getting their kids covid-vaccinated at the first opportunity. 

Well there you have it. Drop the mic Mike. 

44 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I dont hear any of the doctors that i work with saying they 'exhaust themselves' as the number of unvaccinated is alot lower now. Furthermore its no different from respiratory physicians having to continue to treat smokers who ignore advice to stop smoking, or gastro/hepatology consultants who have to treat people who continue to drink when they shouldnt because their liver is a dangerous position. 

The exhaustion is coming from not enough staff, consultants going to private sector and poor working conditions in the nhs.

Also just to add GPS have to take the blame as their booking service is absolutely horrendous and adding pressure to a and es

But thats a seperate debate

Edited by Demitri_C

32 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Three days in, and the wife's suddenly lost sense of smell. I don't have that symptom as yet. 

You could make her really paranoid about BO, just for the lols. 

• Haha 1

Â