Generic Virus Thread

villakram

My wife is immuno-suppressed due to taking methotrexate for her rheumatoid arthritis. She recently tried (with doctors' approval) reducing her dose. This didn't go too well, as her joint pain has got a lot worse, and she is planning to get it increased again - but it may have been a blessing in disguise, as her covid symptoms are so far no worse than mine. Ironically, she was scheduled to have her covid booster this week. That will now have to be postponed for a month. 

Anyway, it looks like we get a week off from grandchild care, so we're hoping the weather stays good enough for some chilling out in the garden. 

Edited by mjmooney

13 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

**** me.

We are well over 2 years into this pandemic, nearly 18 months into having a vaccine, and you're STILL asking these questions.

How many times do people have to tell you the same thing?

Your counter replies are getting boring now. Try replying like @sidcow and it might be worth it

I could quote all day long when you have replied like this. 

I won't be getting my 7 year old vaccinated, anyway, but thanks for your scientific input.

Edited by foreveryoung

13 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

**** me.

We are well over 2 years into this pandemic, nearly 18 months into having a vaccine, and you're STILL asking these questions.

How many times do people have to tell you the same thing?

I think in 20 years time the same old shite will still be getting said. It's burned into some people's minds.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

I think in 20 years time the same old shite will still be getting said. It's burned into some people's minds.

I'm not really interested now mate, I certainly won't be in interested in 20 years time.

53 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Your counter replies are getting boring now. Try replying like @sidcow and it might be worth it

I could quote all day long when you have replied like this. 

I won't be getting my 7 year old vaccinated, anyway, but thanks for your scientific input.

Because you’ve been told a hundred times. 

The vaccine doesn’t completely stop you getting Covid. But it SIGNIFICANTLY reduces the chances of you getting it. 

It doesn’t stop you transmitting it but it significantly reduces the chances of you transmitting it. 

What part of that are you continuously failing to understand?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Because you’ve been told a hundred times. 

The vaccine doesn’t completely stop you getting Covid. But it SIGNIFICANTLY reduces the chances of you getting it. 

It doesn’t stop you transmitting it but it significantly reduces the chances of you transmitting it. 

What part of that are you continuously failing to understand?

The part that everyone is still seems to be getting it, but with reduced symptoms.

• Haha 1

Just now, foreveryoung said:

The part that everyone is still seems to be getting it, but with reduced symptoms.

Ok so the part where you’re ignoring the vast wealth of scientific evidence that shows the efficacy of the vaccine and just jumping to your own incorrect conclusion based on circumstantial evidence?

• Like 1

I wonder how many anti-vax people would refuse chemo if they got cancer because it doesn’t guarantee to get rid of the cancer?

You know, because they knew someone who had cancer, did the chemo which made them feel ill and they still died.

It should be banned on that basis.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

I wonder how many anti-vax people would refuse chemo if they got cancer because it doesn’t guarantee to get rid of the cancer?

You know, because they knew someone who had cancer, did the chemo which made them feel ill and they still died.

It should be banned on that basis.

Your making stuff up now to suit the your narrative. No one is refusing the vaccine here.

The scientific evidence of the vaccine reducing transmission is very sketchy, especially with the different strains, you need an update to your facts.  @Stevo985

12 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Your making stuff up now to suit the your narrative. No one is refusing the vaccine here.

The scientific evidence of the vaccine reducing transmission is very sketchy, especially with the different strains, you need an update to your facts.  @Stevo985

People are suggesting that because some people still catch the virus, some people still get seriously ill and some people still die despite being vaccinated that its not worth having.

27 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

The scientific evidence of the vaccine reducing transmission is very sketchy, especially with the different strains, you need an update to your facts.  

No it isn't, it really isn't. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Haven't lost sense of taste, but it's affected - food does taste a bit odd. 

I kind of lost saltiness / umami, stuff started to taste a bit bland so I was over seasoning but it still didn’t help. Whereas beer thankfully still tasted normal.

4 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

The scientific evidence isn’t sketchy at all.

And even if it didn’t reduce transmission, which it does, the FACT (and it is a fact) that the vaccine significantly reduces your chances of getting it in the first place would still ultimately result in less transmissions. 

I’m just assuming you’re posting for effect now because this has been explained dozens of time to you and you still seem to ignore it. 

Either that or you’re a **** moron, but I don’t think you are

Edited by Stevo985

Â