Generic Virus Thread

villakram

2 hours ago, bickster said:

The scientists are saying it is spreading in the gay community, as that is where most of the cases are

I've not seen them mention why that is yet because they probably haven't discovered that yet

The most likely reason is some form of activity that is much more prevalent in the gay community is responsible for transmission

Or simply that early cases were in the gay community, it spreads via intimate physical contact, and therefore it's remained mostly contained within the gay community. There's no reason to suspect it spreads "more easily" in the gay community as Dem suggested, and it's certainly not been suggested by any scientists that I've read.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Or simply that early cases were in the gay community, it spreads via intimate physical contact, and therefore it's remained mostly contained within the gay community. There's no reason to suspect it spreads "more easily" in the gay community as Dem suggested, and it's certainly not been suggested by any scientists that I've read.

Yes, I agree

Just tested positive a second time (I feel fine overall, just a cough and tiredness). But I messaged my manager to say I'll be working from home tomorrow and he replied saying I need to check the company policy. This says I should stay at home if I feel unwell. I do feel unwell but could probably go in if push came to shove. Where do you draw the line here? I'd be pretty unhappy if somebody came into the office who had tested positive for covid. What I don't understand is I can actually work from home so not sure why he said that.

Edited by MCU

1 hour ago, MCU said:

Just tested positive a second time (I feel fine overall, just a cough and tiredness). But I messaged my manager to say I'll be working from home tomorrow and he replied saying I need to check the company policy. This says I should stay at home if I feel unwell. I do feel unwell but could probably go in if push came to shove. Where do you draw the line here? I'd be pretty unhappy if somebody came into the office who had tested positive for covid. What I don't understand is I can actually work from home so not sure why he said that.

How does the sickness policy affect you?

1 hour ago, MCU said:

You could always just go in and wear a badge that says “I have covid but x told me to be here” and see how long until you’re asked to go home.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

Do you get paid or is it only statutory sick pay?

Luckily we get paid. But I'd be working from home anyway.

Not sure what policy my boss is even going on about. Isn't it just common sense to not go into work/work from home if you test positive? Not sure why he's being weird about it. Didn't even ask how I was. 😅

9 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

You could always just go in and wear a badge that says “I have covid but x told me to be here” and see how long until you’re asked to go home.

Literally thought the exact same thing.

8 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Its because they go out late at night. They're ironing their jeans at 11:30pm. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, MCU said:

Luckily we get paid. But I'd be working from home anyway.

Not sure what policy my boss is even going on about. Isn't it just common sense to not go into work/work from home if you test positive? Not sure why he's being weird about it. Didn't even ask how I was. 😅

Literally thought the exact same thing.

He probably has no idea what the policy is and is why he told you to check it.  If I got sick pay I'd just take a day or two off and enjoy the sunshine if he wants to be like that.

• Like 2

Just tested positive for the first time (that I’m aware of). Felt a tiny bit rough this morning, went into work and decided to take a test there. Got sent home once confirmed. Seems to be getting worse as the day is going on though, not sure if psychological or whether it is really starting to hit me. 

22 minutes ago, choffer said:

Where are people getting LFT's from these days? Or are people not?

I have "contacts" who work in the NHS and an old folks home. So I can luckily get a box or two if required.

I was positive again 2 weeks ago. I was ill as if I had bad allergies (completely different symptoms to the first time) and when it didn’t clear I went to the doctor who didn’t suspect covid but said do a test anyway. 

I had my first case of Covid 2 weeks ago.I found it was no big deal.I was off colour for a total of 4 days,with a runny nose ( 1 day ) cough(4 days ) and sore throat ( 1 day )  I dont know if thats because I have had all my vaccinations and boosters or not.The wife got it streight after me ( I probably gave it to her ) and she just carried on as normal.I do know some people who have suffered quite a lot.

Has anyone had this? I suffer pretty bad from hay fever runny nose so i know its hay fever. Do a LFT and its positive for covid!

So then i take my nasal spray my nose stop running and take test a few hours later its negative 🙃 

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Has anyone had this? I suffer pretty bad from hay fever runny nose so i know its hay fever. Do a LFT and its positive for covid!

So then i take my nasal spray my nose stop running and take test a few hours later its negative 🙃 

I guess you’ve just cleared the covid virus cells out of your nose with the nasal spray. I’d do another later on just to see if it’s back again. 

Well nearly 2 and a half years in and I've finally got it. Felt bad yesterday but tested negative but felt horrific this morning so tested again and got a very faint positive.

• Sad 3

Â