Generic Virus Thread

villakram

8 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

If the Queen can survive a dose of Covid in her delicate state, I'm sure mask wearing down to 10% will be just fine.

2,000 people a day still dying with covid in the USA. 

47 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Its been like that here for the last month mate.

Not here. My local Morrisons was very mask heavy right up until the official announcement, but then the compliance dropped off virtually overnight. 

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I’ve tested positive. Feel rough as toast actually. Horrible cough and feel very poorly. 

I feel cheated I never got to see Bissouma in claret and blue.

You did though, he was so bad in Saturday he was like our 12th man. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

I’ve tested positive. Feel rough as toast actually. Horrible cough and feel very poorly. 

I feel cheated I never got to see Bissouma in claret and blue.

Dont worry you got to see nzogbia, stephen ireland and mathieu berson instead 

• Like 1

It's still fairly high here in Stafford. Supermarkets putting the choice into the hands of the consumer and consumers making the right choice. No one is getting shitty looks for not wearing one, it's their choice. It's not the choice I am making, but it is their choice. 

• Like 1

Tested positive this morning, feeling ok so far. Most annoyed about missing the game on Saturday. I know you technically don’t have to isolate any more but I’d feel guilty going and knowing I had Covid.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Bloke who sits next to me at work tested positive today. 

I sat next to him on Tuesday. I'm OK so far but what's the chance of him not being contagious 2 days before his positive test? 

I'll take another test later. 

54 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Bloke who sits next to me at work tested positive today. 

I sat next to him on Tuesday. I'm OK so far but what's the chance of him not being contagious 2 days before his positive test? 

I'll take another test later. 

If he tested on Tuesday and Wednesday and was negative then? You're probably fine, especially if he did a PCR (guessing not though), the tests turn positive pretty much in line with infectiousness I believe.

• Thanks 1

On 03/03/2022 at 14:55, chappy said:

Tested positive this morning, feeling ok so far. Most annoyed about missing the game on Saturday. I know you technically don’t have to isolate any more but I’d feel guilty going and knowing I had Covid.

World would be a better place if more people thought like you. Feel better!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Cases seem to be rising. The last 4 days have all been higher than the corresponding day last week. 

So are patients being admitted again.  I still wear a face mask when popping into the local Co-Op etc.  I'm probably one of only a few in there doing so but now that testing and the surveillance is being wound down, I think I would like to err on the side of caution. 

Bit concerned all these mass protests are going to kick off a big spike in numbers. I know everyone has forgotten about it, but it hasn't gone away.

And in Ukraine it could be catastrophic if they have another wave when their infrastructure is in tatters.

Â