Generic Virus Thread

villakram

Just now, bickster said:

same-old-same-old_o_7248351.webp

I'm obviously a positive person, nothing wrong with that. Everyone will have different feelings after what we have been through with the virus. Some will wanna get on with it, some may still worry, an that's fine, no need to follow up with being sarcastic.

4 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I'm obviously a positive person, nothing wrong with that. Everyone will have different feelings after what we have been through with the virus. Some will wanna get on with it, some may still worry, an that's fine, no need to follow up with being sarcastic.

It wasn't sarcasm

11 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

You're more positive about Covid than you've been about villa the last few years, I'll give you that. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Genie said:

What are the hospitalisations and death numbers doing? Much more relevant than cases I think nowadays.

Starting to curve upwards now but they'll be a couple of weeks behind the curve. 

This virus is weird.

I only really had a few hours of feeling properly rough yesterday (body aching, head pounding, feeling weak etc). Smashed a load of ibuprofen & paracetamol and by the evening I was feeling a lot better. This morning, I pretty much just feel a little bit achy and the right side of my throat/ear is sore.

I've definitely felt worse than this, but I didn't enjoy yesterday very much...

Day 7 for me today. Had a negative LFT yesterday, checked it with a second which came back with a faint line. This morning had one with a stronger line than that again, very frustrating!

1 hour ago, chappy said:

Day 7 for me today. Had a negative LFT yesterday, checked it with a second which came back with a faint line. This morning had one with a stronger line than that again, very frustrating!

Classic case of the strong line right at the end. You'll be fully clear tomorrow morning I'd wager.

• Like 1

I was just chatting with a colleague in China, he said there’s a bit of a mini-wave of covid currently (Shanghai) which has everyone on edge about work / school etc. He said that one office building had been locked down for 14 days… with the people still in it! 

25 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

They are scraping all forms of testing for unvaccinated for travelling back to the uk from abroad and the passenger locator forms apparently 

definitely seems like we're going with the 'time to just live with it' attitude

as much as i disagree with pretty much everything this gov't does, i kinda agree with this.

a new super variant or covid 20 comes along, sure, lock it all down again. but this variant really seems mild for the fully vaccinated

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

as much as i disagree with pretty much everything this gov't does, i kinda agree with this.

a new super variant or covid 20 comes along, sure, lock it all down again. but this variant really seems mild for the fully vaccinated

Yeah i agree with most of that. If it does obviously get significantly worse then bring back all the restrictions. 

Hopefully we are over the worst of it now 🙏

First time I've seen this on the second page I think!

It finally got me.

Started feeling a bit of a sore throat Saturday which continued to Sunday and confirmed with a positive test on the Monday on which I felt particularly rough and was mostly confined to bed until Wednesday. Whilst there's continually been the underlying fatigue I seemed to cycle through: Sore throat, sneezing/congestion and coughing/pounding headaches on separate days with little overlap. 

Feeling much better now although head is still pretty wooly and I can taste and smell absolutely NOTHING, it's so bizarre. Really hope I'm not one of the people where this lasts an extended amount of time, I have to admit I really underestimated just how miserable it makes eating and drinking.

• Sad 4

On 10/03/2022 at 08:00, tomav84 said:

Yeah.  Everyone that is going to be is triple vaxxed now.  What more can we do?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, JoshVilla said:

Did anybody else have a really bad sore throat that just wouldn't shift? This is doing my absolute nut in 

Hope you feel better soon! I found Hall’s Soothers were good for my throat, probably went through a pack in 2 days.

Sounds like I had it relatively easy compared to some on here. Still getting faint positive lines on LFT until Day 10 though (yesterday). No symptoms since Monday.

• Like 1

Â