Generic Virus Thread

villakram

My family and I have so far avoided it (as far as we can tell). Wife and I are tripled vaccinated. We took a train trip to London to see the frozen musical last week, if we don’t get it after that experience I’ll be amazed! Just seemed like all had been forgotten. 

On 18/03/2022 at 10:42, Keyblade said:

Like does the booster have the same efficacy if the second jab was received a year+ ago? Does it even count as a "booster" at that point? 

It's going to help anyway. The only choice is get it or don't. Benefits or no benefits.

I have just got back from 9 days in Lanzarote and the contrast in restrictions from England is now very noticeable. We had to fill in passenger locator forms before entering Spain (no longer required when coming to England) and provide proof of vaccination.  Mask wearing through out the airport in Lanzarote but when we arrived back in England not even the border force staff were wearing them. Despite us having to wear them on the plane when we got off I'd say as soon as people realised airport staff at Birmingham airport were not wearing masks then 75%  of people removed their mask despite horrendous queues and being packed in like sardines. Depending on the airline you no longer have to wear a mask on the plane (Jet 2 no longer require mask wearing).

In Spain in restaurants/bars/shops when moving around you still had to wear a mask although I'd say 25% of tourists from UK ignored this requirement.  

• Shocked 1

My wife tested positive over the weekend after several weeks of invigilating mocks at a local school.

Fortunately I was away over the weekend and got back last night, pitching up in the spare room.

Shes over the worst of it now (mainly flu like symptoms!) and hopefully will test negative over next few days

I’m still symptom free and testing negative 🤞

10 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

My wife tested positive over the weekend after several weeks of invigilating mocks at a local school.

Fortunately I was away over the weekend and got back last night, pitching up in the spare room.

Shes over the worst of it now (mainly flu like symptoms!) and hopefully will test negative over next few days

I’m still symptom free and testing negative 🤞

If she's anything like me it took me a solid 10 days! I was pretty much fine the whole way through too—as in my symptoms were barely there.

Edited by Rolta
  • Thanks 1

On 18/03/2022 at 16:09, trekka said:

I've avoided it so far (I think) but I'm resigned to the fact that I'll get it at some point (now with the ONS estimating 1 in 20 have it).  How bad will it be? Who knows - as limpid said above, milder symptoms could be (1) a milder variant,  (2) previous exposure or (3) three vaccinations.  

Same here. We were due to visit friends in Devon next week, but they've now got it. Pretty much everybody I know has had it, with varying degrees of severity. I've been to loads of pubs, a funeral last week, and the missus and I are going to a gig tomorrow night. Can't believe it isn't going to get us soon. 

7 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

I wrote some poems about my lockdown journey and self-published it - https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09W9YZJVJ

Was an amazing healing process.

It's not my bag, not much of a reader, barely got to the end of your post to be honest. I'll never read it but will buy one as a gift for someone. Good luck with it.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Same here. We were due to visit friends in Devon next week, but they've now got it. Pretty much everybody I know has had it, with varying degrees of severity. I've been to loads of pubs, a funeral last week, and the missus and I are going to a gig tomorrow night. Can't believe it isn't going to get us soon. 

I’ve also used the “covid card” to stop people visiting me

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, avfcDJ said:

I wrote some poems about my lockdown journey and self-published it - https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09W9YZJVJ

Was an amazing healing process.

Love supporting a fellow Villa fan and was going to buy but is it really only 13 pages for £10 mate? Or have I misunderstood Print Length

• Print length ‏ : ‎ 13 pages

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Love supporting a fellow Villa fan and was going to buy but is it really only 13 pages for £10 mate? Or have I misunderstood Print Length

What's your cut off for supporting a fellow Villa fan?  30 pages? :D 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Chine said:

I’ve also used the “covid card” to stop people visiting me

Haha! It was their idea for us to visit in the first place - they got 4 tickets for a gig (which fortuitously was cancelled anyway). 

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Updated version will be live soon, there are 22 in total and 30 pages - not sure why that suggests 13 but will look into it as it's misleading. 

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, bobzy said:

What's your cut off for supporting a fellow Villa fan?  30 pages? :D 

10 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

Updated version will be live soon, there are 22 in total and 30 pages - not sure why that suggests 13 but will look into it as it's misleading. 

Looks like a pretty rapid response to market demand there :D 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Looks like a pretty rapid response to market demand there :D 

Uploaded last night - added in a poem about Limpid, it’s rather erotic. Oh and a sketch of Liz Truss lying naked over my bed. Wow!

(I just checked and it says 13 pages for Kindle cos of the screen size, paperback will be 30) 😁

Todays figures are the first ones in weeks which are lower than the corresponding day the week before.

Hopefully this indicates another peak has been passed and cases start to fall again.

Â