Generic Virus Thread

villakram

4 hours ago, sidcow said:

Todays figures are the first ones in weeks which are lower than the corresponding day the week before.

Hopefully this indicates another peak has been passed and cases start to fall again.

You have to wonder how much of this is an artefact of reduced community testing.  I know of many people who used to be able to get hold of LFTs at their supermarkets etc who are now being told no more deliveries are being made. 

I guess we'll just have to wait and see - even the Zoe App data is showing a slight decline in the increase in number of daily cases from what I've just seen.  That number is still increasing though and is stupidly high if we're going by the Zoe App data alone. 

Edited by trekka

29 minutes ago, trekka said:

You have to wonder how much of this is an artefact of reduced community testing.  I know of many people who used to be able to get hold of LFTs at their supermarkets etc who are now being told no more deliveries are being made. 

I guess we'll just have to wait and see - even the Zoe App data is showing a slight decline in the increase in number of daily cases from what I've just seen.  That number is still increasing though and is stupidly high if we're going by the Zoe App data alone. 

I've zero doubt the true numbers are far higher than confirmed due to less testing. 

But they've definitely fallen, testing is about the same this week as last week. 

You can still order free test kits off the Govt website till 1st April.  In fact it's the only place I've bothered getting them from for a couple of months as I've not found any Chemist's with stock. 

13 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I've zero doubt the true numbers are far higher than confirmed due to less testing. 

But they've definitely fallen, testing is about the same this week as last week. 

You can still order free test kits off the Govt website till 1st April.  In fact it's the only place I've bothered getting them from for a couple of months as I've not found any Chemist's with stock. 

I have my doubts but I hope you're right :)

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e476nl2e3b4av46v95hbo

Edited by trekka

10 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Been trying for the past 9 days and at no point have any been available, they've clearly scaled back significantly already.

I've just tried as it goes and I got the following:

Screenshot-2022-03-25-215957.png

It appears I can continue to order a pack but alarm bells are starting to ring. 

EDIT: Apparently not.

Screenshot-2022-03-25-221057.png

"or book a PCR test site appointment if they're available in your area". 

Edited by trekka

2 hours ago, trekka said:

I've just tried as it goes and I got the following:

Screenshot-2022-03-25-215957.png

It appears I can continue to order a pack but alarm bells are starting to ring. 

EDIT: Apparently not.

Screenshot-2022-03-25-221057.png

"or book a PCR test site appointment if they're available in your area". 

Yet I still need to provide evidence of a test every time I go and see my daughter in hospital. I was advised to lie on the form and say I work for the NHS, and that does let me get some extra tests, for how long, who knows.

That's some joined up thinking on government policy, being told I need to lie on a government documentation so I can continue to see my child in hospital. This **** country.

19 hours ago, avfcDJ said:

Uploaded last night - added in a poem about Limpid, it’s rather erotic. Oh and a sketch of Liz Truss lying naked over my bed. Wow!

(I just checked and it says 13 pages for Kindle cos of the screen size, paperback will be 30) 😁

With all this free advertising, I look forward to you clicking the Store link at the top of the page :mrgreen:

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Yet I still need to provide evidence of a test every time I go and see my daughter in hospital. I was advised to lie on the form and say I work for the NHS, and that does let me get some extra tests, for how long, who knows.

That's some joined up thinking on government policy, being told I need to lie on a government documentation so I can continue to see my child in hospital. This **** country.

I don't think you need to lie. Just click the link that you don't work for the NHS and it still takes you to the next page. 

They're just trying to warn off people who might not desperately need them.  In your case you clearly do so should just ignore the warning. 

4 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I don't think you need to lie. Just click the link that you don't work for the NHS and it still takes you to the next page. 

They're just trying to warn off people who might not desperately need them.  In your case you clearly do so should just ignore the warning. 

Nope, it takes you to the next page, but you get to the screen that Trekka posted, they're only available for NHS staff now, and that's changing soon, because the government are trying to get staff to pay for their own tests.

Edited by Davkaus

Gone all this time without any of us and extended local family getting covid, we have all followed every guide line to the max, being over careful tbh, now one person had it and at least 7 of us have/had/maybe got it within a couple of weeks, all have had all their available vaccines, some including me have had their fourth jab, we have all isolated correctly too but it has still spread. None have been seriously ill, most having complete very heavy body ache from top to toe, sore throat and high temperature. 

Tested Positive today. Been feeling rough last 3 days. Sore throat, mild headaches, coughing and a bit achey. Had 3 jabs so far. 

Step lad (suspect he bought it in from school) had it 2 weeks ago, missus had it last week so now it’s my turn. I told work it was coming anytime soon based on what’s happened but nope, “just lft yourself Rich and come in”. Tested negative yesterday morning despite feeling rough, thought ok **** you and went in. Told my colleagues that I’d explained the situation to the gaffers but they wanted me in so if I pass it on to any of them they need to have a word with those in charge and not me.

Woke up this morning and boom! Felt like I’d been steamrollered initially. Feel a bit better in myself tbh, sore throat/runny nose aside. Felt very satisfying ringing in work to tell them. At least 7 days off now. Feet up time until next Thursday now! 

We've been hit too. Wife had it for a week, I felt pretty bad on Tuesday night and Wednesday. Feeling generally better today. LFT is negative, but pretty sure it's covid given my wife is positive. Have a postal PCR to do tomorrow now that the test centres are all closing.

Everyone I know is getting it.

1 hour ago, Lichfield Dean said:

We've been hit too. Wife had it for a week, I felt pretty bad on Tuesday night and Wednesday. Feeling generally better today. LFT is negative, but pretty sure it's covid given my wife is positive. Have a postal PCR to do tomorrow now that the test centres are all closing.

Everyone I know is getting it.

I’ve just tried requesting a postal PCR but the service has stopped now. Says NHS staff can request one so I do that and it again says it’s no longer available. Just got to do 2 negative lft’s after 5 days then can go back to work. Seems a bit risky putting faith in these cheapo flow tests. 

6 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

I’ve just tried requesting a postal PCR but the service has stopped now. Says NHS staff can request one so I do that and it again says it’s no longer available. Just got to do 2 negative lft’s after 5 days then can go back to work. Seems a bit risky putting faith in these cheapo flow tests. 

We ordered one earlier today... Did we catch it just before they stopped the service?

The LFT tests seem very unreliable on their own... Or at least they can be misleading.

It’s in our house now for the first time to. Wife tested positive today. We’re jabbed. Our four year old has been going to nursery and picks up a cold every other week it seems so could have got it from one of those I guess. I feel a bit rough but not sure if it is psychological at this point. Onto the sofa for me for a few nights! 

I've been out today, in queues, in busy shops, in rammed coffee shops and the supermarket. No doubt i've been in close contact with people with it. It is what it is now I guess. 

Â