Generic Virus Thread

villakram

30 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Great news, everyone, I know a handful of people that survived cancer.

We're still at about 150 deaths a day over the last 7 days. At these numbers it's on track to kill about twice as many people as the flu season in the UK. I'm not saying it's anywhere near severe enough we should be thinking about lockdowns, or anything, but no, the the national level, it's absolutely nothing like an outbreak of the common cold.

Is that 150 deaths per day at least partially caused by COVID or could a significant number of those 150 be deaths from other causes but they also happen to have tested positive at some point in the last month of their lives?

• Shocked 1

Just now, mjmooney said:

Next time I get a cold, I hope I don't get that 'long cold' that can inapacitate you for months or even years. 

Or the sniffles. Sniffles that will put you in hospital, or worse. 

I've got it 

Woke up Monday thinking something was wrong, dodgy gut, sore throat brewing a cold but thought it was hay-fever coming early, the gut gave me more trouble than anything else, Tuesday and Wednesday I was fine, failed a test last night and had a proper one this morning also failed

My mom and her fella are here... My mom came here in September and my wife had it... So I'm now sat in the corner wearing a mask, can't leave the house so they go out all day with the baby, have to get take aways rather than restaurants, maybe with the weather being shit it's not that bad a thing 

Would say the symptoms are like a weak cold (hence why I thought hay fever) 

Got to isolate for 10 days, if I pass a test on day 7 I can stop, daughter can't go to kindergarten so while I think officially I have to work from home during isolation that's not going to happen 

• Sad 2

2 minutes ago, El Zen said:

Good luck @villa4europe

Does your employer really expect you to work from home while isolating with a confirmed illness? 

I think so, not sure if I'm honest I didn't ask

"working" from home is a stretch at best anyway but I've had colds worse than this and not stopped, not sure what the policy is on how ill I actually am

maybe fortunately I had a phone call with my boss yesterday and he commented on rough I sounded and he thought I was off ill rather than on holiday, my boss who signed my holiday off and I have to email when I'm ill not knowing if I'm ill or on holiday probably tells you what working from home is like for me

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I think so, not sure if I'm honest I didn't ask

"working" from home is a stretch at best anyway but I've had colds worse than this and not stopped, not sure what the policy is on how ill I actually am

maybe fortunately I had a phone call with my boss yesterday and he commented on rough I sounded and he thought I was off ill rather than on holiday, my boss who signed my holiday off and I have to email when I'm ill not knowing if I'm ill or on holiday probably tells you what working from home is like for me

No way I do any working from home while forced to isolate with a confirmed illness. I’m not sure an employer can legally expect you to either, though I know nothing about German labour legislation.

Edited by El Zen

17 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I've got it 

Woke up Monday thinking something was wrong, dodgy gut, sore throat brewing a cold but thought it was hay-fever coming early, the gut gave me more trouble than anything else, Tuesday and Wednesday I was fine, failed a test last night and had a proper one this morning also failed

My mom and her fella are here... My mom came here in September and my wife had it... So I'm now sat in the corner wearing a mask, can't leave the house so they go out all day with the baby, have to get take aways rather than restaurants, maybe with the weather being shit it's not that bad a thing 

Would say the symptoms are like a weak cold (hence why I thought hay fever) 

Got to isolate for 10 days, if I pass a test on day 7 I can stop, daughter can't go to kindergarten so while I think officially I have to work from home during isolation that's not going to happen 

I'm synched up with you pretty much! I had my first positive on Monday. I've been confined in the bedroom working from home too, because to get a sick note for me in Madrid it's a two hour ballache of a journey there and back to my registered medical centre, and that seems irresponsible (my fault for not yet registering with the doctor at the end of the street I've just moved to). For me it's been like a weak cold too. I'd say I'm mostly over the symptoms now though, bar a little sense of being clogged up in my head.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Next time I get a cold, I hope I don't get that 'long cold' that can inapacitate you for months or even years. 

My mate in his late-20s who didn't take it seriously and got it really badly last year is having all sort of nasty stuff, the latest is his body won't recycle bile properly to digest food, he just shits most of it out.  I've had the misfortune of smelling his farts and they are really unpleasant and he has to schedule his meals for when he knows he will be able to get to a toilet.  He has just started doing more exercise which is a better sign though I'm not sure Rugby is the wisest choice for him or his fellow players.

Edited by sharkyvilla

52 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

There was an ad on my local FB group for vacancies in a elderly care home. When asked, they said that proof of covid vaccination was not required. My comment flushed out a nutter. Let's see how long the thread stays open or who gets banned. 

Point Blur_Feb182022_161654.jpg

Perfect response Mike. We really have been too polite to these people. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

There was an ad on my local FB group for vacancies in a elderly care home. When asked, they said that proof of covid vaccination was not required. My comment flushed out a nutter. Let's see how long the thread stays open or who gets banned. 

Keep us updated with the responses.

Every time on here we try and see the positives, a few have to bury us back down in the sand telling us how many are dying and there are still many being admitted, ohh and what about that guy who has never recovered.

We have no doubt had the worse of it, we gotta live with it now guys, so to a few, start living and stop worrying.

• Shocked 1

2 hours ago, El Zen said:

No way I do any working from home while forced to isolate with a confirmed illness. I’m not sure an employer can legally expect you to either, though I know nothing about German labour legislation.

If I had Covid but felt ok, I would just just continue to work form home. I wouldn't even consider not working. Thats just me though. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Every time on here we try and see the positives, a few have to bury us back down in the sand telling us how many are dying and there are still many being admitted, ohh and what about that guy who has never recovered.

We have no doubt had the worse of it, we gotta live with it now guys, so to a few, start living and stop worrying.

You aren't "seeing the positives", you are talking crap in the main

Positive thinking really isn't a solution to a virus

No one is disputing that we "have to live with it" whatever that means, we've all been "living with it" since it first occurred and we will be forever

You aren't being restricted in any way

Today we're talking about it not being a cold or flu (it really isn't) and that we should still be getting FREE testing and a need to self isollate when you have it. That's it

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

If I had Covid but felt ok, I would just just continue to work form home. I wouldn't even consider not working. Thats just me though. 

My daughter is doing that right now, she's fine, has a sore throat but absolutely fine WFH. She's also only 3 months into her 6 month probation at her new job.

I think I'd be the same, I end up working on days off anyway even if its like today just replying to a few people that I'll get back to them next week etc

3 hours ago, mjmooney said:

That Ian Dearnley seems like a right word removed. 

2 hours ago, brommy said:

Keep us updated with the responses.

His response: 

How do you get conspiracy theorist out of what I put🤔.  I suppose you're happy to be tested for HIV , hepatitis, menengetis,  and flu .in addition most vaccines have an effect of protecting the person against getting the appropriate illness. The mnra jabs do not stop people getting or transmitting. Ergo no body is any different. And perhaps rather than patronise do your own research like I do on all aspects of this from many sources including MSM and eminent scientists. You be happy with what you think but please don't stigmatise, attack and revert to base insults against people who are probably highly intelligent but don't happen to share your opinion. It's a very dangerous stance and one which history has shown only leads to one outcome. I won't be right in everything I think. I change my views with knowledge. I debate and discuss. I don't revert to being condescending or childish insults. Read your comments again, I think you'll be embarrassed by your approach. I hope all of us are fine and that we are able to live life in the democratic and free thinking way we have been used to. That's my only wish. Can you tell me that this country , the world will look like it did in 2018. If so , cheers it makes it all okay. . Would love debate in full your reply but that would be a long discussion . Unlike many I am prepared to listen to others and understand their viewpoint. I understand why people are living in fear. It's a shame you don't want to understand what other people may be apprehensive about. And to finish I'm not sure what ''' you people''' refers too. Men, football fans, father's, sons, cricket fans, bitter drinkers, gin and tonic drinkers???  ATB sausage

Â