Generic Virus Thread

villakram

8 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Who could have possibly thought there might be a link between the virus having originated in Wuhan and there just so happening to be a laboratory for virus creation and testing in the same city.

Oh and the fact that the Chinese are the most untrustworthy people on the planet.

You know that's racist right? You do understand that. 

• Like 2

I wonder what would be different if China held their hands up and said the virus escaped from the lab (which everyone knew anyway).

Its a bit like saying the high levels of radiation in Chernobyl are not related to the meltdown. 

Edited by Genie

23 minutes ago, bickster said:

C'mon, you live in the UK :trollface:

I also think you're missing the word government in there

Yes, sorry, should have added the government piece to that. 

And yeah I know our lot are scum but to be fair they don’t really try to hide it.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Genie said:

I wonder what would be different if China held their hands up and said the virus escaped from the lab (which everyone knew anyway).

Its a bit like saying the high levels of radiation in Chernobyl are not related to the meltdown. 

The world would probably seek financial restitution if they admitted it.

19 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

I agree.

China would say no.

We’d still end up buying all our tests and equipment off China which would be a bit of a political issue.

1 hour ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Exactly that. I think the UK invoice is £450bn cash, plus compo for 150,000+ citizens. 

Personally, second hand reports of what Boris Johnson has said, paraphrased and written up in the Telegraph are all the proof anybody should need of anything - take it to the bank, better than science law facts.

• Like 1

I certainly wouldn't take anything Boris says as an indication, but it's a hell of a coincidence it originated in one of the very, very small number of places in the world doing this research isn't it? I'd want you sceptical lot on my jury :) 

6 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I certainly wouldn't take anything Boris says as an indication, but it's a hell of a coincidence it originated in one of the very, very small number of places in the world doing this research isn't it? I'd want you sceptical lot on my jury :) 

Yeah, I just think that of all nations, the U.K. probably doesn’t want to start a reparations discussion.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chrisp65 said:

Yeah, I just think that of all nations, the U.K. probably doesn’t want to start a reparations discussion.

It doesn’t have to come down to compensation though does it.

If and it is an if, despite the overwhelming coincidence, it originated in a lab, and if the Chinese govt had taken responsibility, perhaps it could have been curtailed more quickly, I mean whose to say they haven’t been sitting on an antidote of sorts, my limited understanding of this stuff is that in parallel with developing and testing viruses they also develop antidotes alongside it, you know, in case it gets out.

Shrouding it in secrecy, if that’s what has happened has helped no one.

18 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

It doesn’t have to come down to compensation though does it.

If and it is an if, despite the overwhelming coincidence, it originated in a lab, and if the Chinese govt had taken responsibility, perhaps it could have been curtailed more quickly, I mean whose to say they haven’t been sitting on an antidote of sorts, my limited understanding of this stuff is that in parallel with developing and testing viruses they also develop antidotes alongside it, you know, in case it gets out.

Shrouding it in secrecy, if that’s what has happened has helped no one.

It wasn’t me that raised the prospect of compensation, I was just advising we be careful what we wish for because we might not end up seeing a net gain if people start advocating that sort of thing.

Same as I wouldn’t start a conversation on political trustworthiness.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Pandemics you've completely forgotten about

When was the last time this was on page 3, with no new posts in over a week?

I just thought that when I saw this pop up. 

I looked at the stats yesterday. I'm thinking new cases is almost a pointless Stat with such reduced testing but hospital admissions are now 8.7% since the last 7 day period, and deaths down 24.1% so it seems to be very much in retreat still. 

My attention has almost entirely switched to the Russia thread. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Pandemics you've completely forgotten about

When was the last time this was on page 3, with no new posts in over a week?

Boris said it's over, mate.

Covid is finished

God bless him

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sidcow said:

My attention has almost entirely switched to the Russia thread. 

Such a sheep.

You don’t know that Russia is just to get covid out of the news? It’s all part of the plan. 

• Haha 2

Â