Generic Virus Thread

villakram

Invermectin, about as much use against COVID as dog biscuits.

Efficacy of Ivermectin Treatment on Disease Progression Among Adults With Mild to Moderate COVID-19 and ComorbiditiesThe I-TECH Randomized Clinical Trial

Key Points

Question  Does adding ivermectin, an inexpensive and widely available antiparasitic drug, to the standard of care reduce the risk of severe disease in patients with COVID-19 and comorbidities?

Findings  In this open-label randomized clinical trial of high-risk patients with COVID-19 in Malaysia, a 5-day course of oral ivermectin administered during the first week of illness did not reduce the risk of developing severe disease compared with standard of care alone.

Meaning  The study findings do not support the use of ivermectin for patients with COVID-19.

Jama Network

5 hours ago, mjmooney said:

His response: 

Its quite odd how often the let's say "negative" (as they never accept anti vax)  vax people describe anyone arguing with them as putting forth DANGEROUS views.  **** me, how can any pro vaccination or pro caution  view be DANGEROUS? 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 3

On 18/02/2022 at 08:14, villa4europe said:

I've got it 

Woke up Monday thinking something was wrong, dodgy gut, sore throat brewing a cold but thought it was hay-fever coming early, the gut gave me more trouble than anything else, Tuesday and Wednesday I was fine, failed a test last night and had a proper one this morning also failed

My mom and her fella are here... My mom came here in September and my wife had it... So I'm now sat in the corner wearing a mask, can't leave the house so they go out all day with the baby, have to get take aways rather than restaurants, maybe with the weather being shit it's not that bad a thing 

Would say the symptoms are like a weak cold (hence why I thought hay fever) 

Got to isolate for 10 days, if I pass a test on day 7 I can stop, daughter can't go to kindergarten so while I think officially I have to work from home during isolation that's not going to happen 

Good luck mate. A few folks at work got omicron the past few weeks. Thankfully everyone was vaxxed and so nobody was hospitalized and they recovered quick. It hit their kids the hardest :( Taking vitamin C and Zinc while you have it is meant to help*. Speedy recovery to you and all the very best!

*but doesnt seem to sadly. 
https://newsroom.clevelandclinic.org/2021/02/25/can-vitamin-c-and-zinc-help-fight-covid-19/

Anyways they cant hurt, all the best!

Edited by ciggiesnbeer
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, mjmooney said:

I just couldn't be arsed to dismantle the flaws in his reply. So I played conciliatory nice guy: 

You are a better man than me. I just dont talk to them any more nor have anything to do with them. Block and ignore them forever. That includes one family member. They can go crazy all they like, everyone sees them for what they are. Its on them not me. There is a limit to my compassion. The willfully stupid and those who dont care they may kill others through their absurd child like cartoon world views have broken that limit.

Let them look like the fools they are. I dont need to listen to their prattle.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Taking vitamin C and Zinc while you have it is meant to help.

Source please?

I don't understand how slow acting supplements like these could have a remedial effect for any illness better than placebo.

1 hour ago, limpid said:

Source please?

I don't understand how slow acting supplements like these could have a remedial effect for any illness better than placebo.

I took both of those when i first got covid along with vitamin D (before there was a jab) and i was better 3 days after taking those supplements 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I took both of those when i first got covid along with vitamin D (before there was a jab) and i was better 3 days after taking those supplements 

How do you know you wouldn't have been better in 2 days without taking those supplements? Not being supercilious, just a curious question.

3 minutes ago, a-k said:

How do you know you wouldn't have been better in 2 days without taking those supplements? Not being supercilious, just a curious question.

He’s joking surely? I didn’t think he was being serious

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, nick76 said:

giphy.gif

Whats funny?  Very confused

22 minutes ago, nick76 said:

He’s joking surely? I didn’t think he was being serious

I dont understand whats a joke about this? I take it you have tried supplements and it didnt work for you?

27 minutes ago, a-k said:

I dont im merely  pointing out i took these supplements and i was  better within 3 days

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, bickster said:

I've had a shit every day since the start of the pandemic and not caught it. Everyone make sure you shit everyday and you'll be fine!

I normally shit twice a day which is why I've continued to lick door knobs and bannisters all through the Pandemic. 

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I was also better in three days when I had it but I didn’t take any supplements. The supplements probably had nothing to do with it. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

I got it off Zoe and John Campbell if I recall.

https://www.youtube.com/c/ZOE-health/videos

But since you asked I checked for studies and you were right. Fair dos calling me out  according to this study it doesnt help at all, so yeah feel free to disregard. I apologise for giving bad advice.

https://newsroom.clevelandclinic.org/2021/02/25/can-vitamin-c-and-zinc-help-fight-covid-19/

Taking some regular vitamins is hardly going to hurt anyone though so I will just edit my original post since its been quoted. 

Sorry everyone!

tenor.gif

• Haha 1

Â