Generic Virus Thread

villakram

18 hours ago, villakram said:

Please show the data to back that statement up.

We have almost no idea how these medicines interact with human biology that is changing so rapidly as that in a child, e.g., it will take us 10-25 years to determine if there was some systematic IQ (for example) or other effect. We have no idea (the same applies with covid of course). We do know that the covid risk to children is tiny, far less risky than the flu for example. This is not a simple thing, and to condemn this woman for giving reasonable advice is such an exemplar of so much that is worrying about the current time.

Please show the data to back that statement up.

I've had a temperature and diarrhoea since last night, I've had a negative lateral flow test this afternoon but booked a PCR test for tomorrow, I have to isolate until I get the results  (I'm double-jabbed), is that right?

Edited by sharkyvilla

16 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I've had a temperature and diarrhoea since last night, I've had a negative lateral flow test this afternoon but booked a PCR test for tomorrow, I have to isolate until I get the results  (I'm double-jabbed), is that right?

Yes - isolate until results of PCR test. 
fingers crossed for you! 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Cheers, I feel like utter dogshit even if it isn't covid.  A lot like I felt after my second jab but with added arsegravy.  Better safe than sorry.

Sounds like a bit of a virus or food poisoning mate, may not be Covid, but best to check.

21 minutes ago, Risso said:

We had our son in May (child number 5 (five)). My wife had both shots of the vaccines while pregnant, and our son is perfect and happy in every single way. In our eyes there was far more risk to my wife and the unborn baby from getting the virus while unvaccinated. I then had the virus in July, but my wife and kids (including the baby) didn't get it. It would actually suit me if it did cause infertility as it would save me the hassle of going to have my bollocks attacked with a scalpel.

5 kids man. 5!

I feel my life is a struggle with 2…

11 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Cheers, I feel like utter dogshit even if it isn't covid.  A lot like I felt after my second jab but with added arsegravy.  Better safe than sorry.

The missus and I have both had an absolute stinker of a winter virus over the past week. Negative covid tests, and short of true flu (we've both had flu jabs), but way worse than a standard cold. Basically drowning in snot and a resultant phlegmy cough. Lovely. 

Got my covid booster this afternoon though. 

• Like 1

Having my booster tomorrow. Up to now, been that person who always wears a mask, keeps distance from others, take all necessary precautions. Haven't even been anywhere crowded. Got my booster on Tuesday and then a comedy gig on Friday. I wonder if that will be the beginning of me returning to normal life. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, limpid said:

I had my booster on Saturday. Pfizer (as I think all the boosters are).

No symptoms other than feeling a little out of sorts yesterday.

I had no reaction at all to my first two jabs (AZ) but felt a bit rough for a couple of days last week after my Pfizer booster. No big deal though, a couple of paracetamol sorted it out mostly.

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

Having my booster tomorrow. Up to now, been that person who always wears a mask, keeps distance from others, take all necessary precautions. Haven't even been anywhere crowded. Got my booster on Tuesday and then a comedy gig on Friday. I wonder if that will be the beginning of me returning to normal life. 

Yeah, I'm off to a gig on Friday, too. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

if you cant return to normal life at this point then when could you?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

if you cant return to normal life at this point then when could you?

I think you are right. My feeling is that I have done all I can, I will be fully vaccinated and the booster had been given. Maybe time to take a risk. My concern, and it is my only concern is that I may unwittingly pass it on to someone vulnerable. My hope is also that I pass it to an antivaxxer. That would be **** delicious. 

• Like 1

Â