Generic Virus Thread

villakram

On 28/06/2021 at 14:25, LondonLax said:

Yes, you are not allowed to leave Australia unless you can demonstrate you are leaving permanently and are granted a special dispensation by the Federal Government. They don’t want people travelling in and out and filling up the quarantine hotels.

The vaccine rollout is going very slowly. Less than 5% have had both doses. They banked on the AZ vaccine, got it late (to be fair they were not the most urgent client country) but by the time they had the product all the blood clot stuff was kicking off and they decided to switch to Pfizer so are playing catch-up.

As you say.You are only allowed in/out for special reasons.

The reason the vaccine rollout is going so slow is because most people dont want it.The reason is that ( here in Perth W.A. ) not one person has died from it and  less than a dozen have had to be hospitalised.Also the defination of a lockdown ( here in Perth anyway ) is that you must wear a mask on transport and in buildings Weddings,funerals,BBQs etc are restricted to a certain number of people.Apart from that life goes on as normal.We had a scare on Tuesday ( 1 person was confirmed positive ) we shut the borders and have a 3 day lockdown at the moment but today there has only been 1 more reported case so we are comming out of lockdown on Friday.

• Like 1

Are those home testing kits accurate? My sons bday party and his cousin has had to have a test today because her best mate has tested positive . I assume she’s been in close contact with her. She’s due to come down here but I’m not sure, even though she’s tested negative .

4 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Are those home testing kits accurate? My sons bday party and his cousin has had to have a test today because her best mate has tested positive . I assume she’s been in close contact with her. She’s due to come down here but I’m not sure, even though she’s tested negative .

I think their accuracy is in the 65% mark - please have a google though, I'm not entirely sure.

Andrew Marr did 2 home tests which showed negative, then went for a PCR test which showed he had Covid.

If you have time, go for a PCR. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Genie said:

BBC

Not good but “the news” really need to be reporting hospitalisations now.  It would also be useful to know the vaccination status of those who caught Covid.

Its like having constant stories about people with a cold in winter.

Hospitalisations there are still very low thankfully but there is a definite uptick in new admissions.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

What has happened in Tamworth?

Town of particularly thick really bad people tops the leaderboard? I'm shocked.

(No offence Tamworth residents, but it's a **** shithole full of scum)

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

Town of particularly thick really bad people tops the leaderboard? I'm shocked.

(No offence Tamworth residents, but it's a **** shithole full of scum)

I hope your job interview wasn't for the Staffordshire Tourist Board. 

• Haha 3

So, I had 2 wisdom teeth out 12 days ago, and the jab 4 days after that.

I was sort of healed by the time I had the jab, but I had really severe side effects, 38.5 fever, chills, headache. Now 12 and 8 days on, I'm still feeling massively fatigued, temp high end of normal (36.8 just now) which is a bit worrying and my mouth still hurts.

My theory is that I didn't give my body enough time to rest between attacking it, and now neither are properly healed.

2 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

What has happened in Tamworth?

A larger than average percentage of expert vaccine scientists who know that it’s actually poison that nobody needs. 
Anything that the council puts out onto social media about getting tested or vaccinated is jumped upon by these absolute thick bastards.

Edited by Genie

On the topic of Chris Whitty being harrased by two idiots who only wanted a selfie (apparently)....is it wrong that i don't feel bad that one of them has lost his job.....cos he is/was an estate agent....from Essex ?

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

is it wrong that I don't feel bad that one of them has lost his job.....cos he is/was an estate agent...

This post is essential viewing with a delightful sunny aspect, plenty of scope for expansion and is ideally located close to local amenities.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Friends of mine with children in high schools are pissed off that they are being told they have to wear masks again.

I struggle to see how on one hand things are going off big again in all areas (in terms of infections) but then the message is still that all social distancing laws will be removed in a couple of weeks.

I think disappointment is on the cards.

Edited by Genie

My wife's already run at the absolute minimum amount of staff department in hospital is now even more dangerous because 3 people are self isolating with positive tests or living with others with a positive test. They reason they caught it or have to isolate? They refused the vaccine. 

I don't want to make it mandatory for anyone to have the jab but it's now making it so people who refused it are able to have 10 days paid off work while those who had it would still go to work if cohabiting with a positive. I'd support keeping the vaccines non mandatory in the NHS but if you have to isolate it's unpaid (unless a verified medical reason why you're unable to have it), which is awfully illiberal of me.

• Like 3

Â