Generic Virus Thread

villakram

I’m pissed off how much our brains have been programmed with COVID 19.  My daughter has headache , an infrequent cough and mild temperature and just generally not feeling too well. Most of us in the house have had some form of the sniffles the last week or so. Straight away you have to rule out COVID . I know it’s the sensible thing to do, but I can already tell a big difference in myself pre COVID to how I am now. 

My youngest isn’t well. Started yesterday afternoon and continued through the night. We couldn’t get her temperature down so my missus phoned 911 and because of what time it was 3.30 in morning they said they would send paramedics out because they wanted to check her out. Headaches, high temperature , vomiting . Paramedics were happy enough with her after they did some routine checks for meningitis and what have you. They didn’t seem to think it was Covid but they advised us to see our GP if today was the same . School won’t let her go back until she has a Covid test and obviously a negative test . 

1 minute ago, Rugeley Villa said:

My youngest isn’t well. Started yesterday afternoon and continued through the night. We couldn’t get her temperature down so my missus phoned 911 and because of what time it was 3.30 in morning they said they would send paramedics out because they wanted to check her out. Headaches, high temperature , vomiting . Paramedics were happy enough with her after they did some routine checks for meningitis and what have you. They didn’t seem to think it was Covid but they advised us to see our GP if today was the same . School won’t let her go back until she has a Covid test and obviously a negative test . 

I hope your daughter feels better Ruge. Not good having a poorly littlun, my boy was rough for about two weeks and only just seems better. Hacking cough which would last a good 2-3 minutes. So I get the anxiety.

Have to say, though. I'm impressed the paramedics got there so quickly, coming from the States.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Denmark lobbying the UK to drop the rules so that Danish fans can come to the game. 

Just like they did for the Russian fans.........

Sad Wah Wah GIF by Major League Soccer

4 minutes ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

I hope your daughter feels better Ruge. Not good having a poorly littlun, my boy was rough for about two weeks and only just seems better. Hacking cough which would last a good 2-3 minutes. So I get the anxiety.

Have to say, though. I'm impressed the paramedics got there so quickly, coming from the States.

Ffs 🤣  

thanks for your best wishes anyway 🙂 just spoke to the missus and she’s sleeping it off. Would we have to self isolate whilst we wait for results? We’ve sent off for a test this morning, so the process of test arriving then getting results could take 2-3 days . The school won’t accept a diy home  test negative. 

2 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Ffs 🤣  

thanks for your best wishes anyway 🙂 just spoke to the missus and she’s sleeping it off. Would we have to self isolate whilst we wait for results? We’ve sent off for a test this morning, so the process of test arriving then getting results could take 2-3 days . The school won’t accept a diy home  test negative. 

I'm no expert on what's going on in England anymore. Over here, we have to isolate until the result comes in. Then 10 days if it's positive. 

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Ffs 🤣  

You should be able to collect tests from your child’s school. 

Mask wearing going to be made voluntary apparently. On the one hand, I regard not wearing them on the ground of "it's freedom init" to the height of bellendry. On the other hand, I do really hate wearing them as I find them uncomfortable and it's a pain in the arse having to remember to take them out with you.

It's just something we have to do to protect everyone around you. Not wearing one for frivolous reasons (i.e. not on grounds of a medical condition) is unebelievably selfish.

I must say though it'll be nice to not have to rush back home to get one when you get to the shop and find you don't have one with you.

1 hour ago, desensitized43 said:

Mask wearing going to be made voluntary apparently. On the one hand, I regard not wearing them on the ground of "it's freedom init" to the height of bellendry. On the other hand, I do really hate wearing them as I find them uncomfortable and it's a pain in the arse having to remember to take them out with you.

It's just something we have to do to protect everyone around you. Not wearing one for frivolous reasons (i.e. not on grounds of a medical condition) is unebelievably selfish.

I must say though it'll be nice to not have to rush back home to get one when you get to the shop and find you don't have one with you.

Pretty much every Government Minister I've seen has intimated that masks will be voluntary in future.

A lot of people have ditched masks already.

We went bowling yesterday, 4 adults on the other side of the lane “exempt” from masks it seems. Looking up and down the other lanes I’d say only about 50% wearing masks (despite the regular announcement reminders).

Same in shops, percentage wearing masks is falling and falling.

The children’s school have always insisted on parents wearing masks when coming on-site to collect. Now all the parents stand maskless in a tight group around the gate. 

Edited by Genie

4 hours ago, desensitized43 said:

The main advantage of wearing a mask is to show people you didn't vote for Brexit.

But seriously I'll probably keep wearing mine for a couple of weeks after my second jab which is next Thursday and assess from there.

Edited by sharkyvilla
  • Like 2

Flipping heck - link

Covid cases in Oxford have increased fivefold in one week, almost entirely among 15 to 24-year-olds, according to the latest official figures.

The number of positive cases rose from 175 to more than 899 in the seven days to 30 June - which saw the city's fourth-highest number of daily cases.

48-B5-C538-3-DA6-4-ABE-9-FDC-EBE59171743

Is that saying 1 in 50 people in Oxford Central had a positive test in the last 7 days?

Edited by Genie

Â