Generic Virus Thread

villakram

17 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Lambda is out, everyone unnecessarily shit themselves.

What happened to Epsilon through to Kappa, or do you know something about the 21/22 kit? 🙊

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Nicho said:

I feel like this delta variant is far worse than it seems. or atleast delta a,b or c.

Cant help but feel we are all ****.

Not humanity ending **** but new normal ****.

@Xela Got another client for ya mate.

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Genie said:

3 lads from my sons football team all isolating due to positive cases in their schools.

One of the parents just said that they’ve had to close the whole school as there’s at least 1 positive case in every year group.

1 hour ago, Genie said:

One of the parents just said that they’ve had to close the whole school as there’s at least 1 positive case in every year group.

And are any of them actually symptomatic? Ill enough to go to hospital?

11 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

And are any of them actually symptomatic? Ill enough to go to hospital?

I don’t know, I guess it’s unlikely as it’s a primary school.

I just posted as it does seem to be getting about a bit again. I wonder how many cases would be picked up if primary schools started tested all children a couple of times a week.

Important thing in all of this is the link between infection and serious illness. It still seems like the vaccines are doing what they should which is great news. 

So my nephew was diagnosed the other day and now my sister in law also positive.  She's only had the one jab so far.  At least my bro is double jab. 

I guess once it's in the house it's very difficult to keep it isolated as it's such a contagious version. 

4 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Stating to feel like MacOS updates. Will the Virus switch to Chinese landmarks for the next big update?

We’re almost out of Greek letters. I would suggest using houses from Game of Thrones.

• Haha 1

On 27/06/2021 at 11:25, Genie said:

I don’t know, I guess it’s unlikely as it’s a primary school.

I just posted as it does seem to be getting about a bit again. I wonder how many cases would be picked up if primary schools started tested all children a couple of times a week.

Important thing in all of this is the link between infection and serious illness. It still seems like the vaccines are doing what they should which is great news. 

All classes in my kid's junior school have covid cases. Virtually the whole school is doing online learning from home. 

I guess it's good that there is so much testing going on, but annoying for their education.

Big Sports bar in Tamworth (Corey’s) has voluntarily closed due to rising number of cases

from their Facebook page

Customer Notice 🧡
We regret to inform our customers that regardless of our current controls and restrictions in place we are concerned on the number of growing COVID-19 cases within the town, with an increase of over 500% in Tamworth alone last week.
With the safety of our customers, staff and their families in mind we have made the difficult decision to close the venue with immediate effect, our takeaway service will remain open.

With a busy evening due tomorrow for the England game we apologise for the number of bookings we have had to cancel, however the health and safety of our customers and staff remains our key priority. We are continuing to follow all government guidance and have not been advised to contact any customers by NHS Track and trace, if you don’t hear anything from them directly there is no reason for concern.

We will be available to answer any questions or queries via our inboxes or emails, we hope this step will reassure you of our commitment to our team and customers welfare. We look forward to welcoming you all back soon.

We had a weird scenario. 

Daughters school shut 3 classes for 10 days because "a member of staff tested positive". 

We all got tested to be safe, my daughter was negative, my wife was positive. 

Double jabbed, absolutely no symptoms at all. 

Self isolated for 10 days

On day 10, the wife is negative and I'm positive. 

Another 10 days sitting at home. 

Both my kids 3 and 8 will have been stuck inside for 21 days. 

• Sad 2

My niece in Australia has just told me WA state faces another lockdown because  the authorities  have been notified of two.....TWO....potentially positive cases.

We have thousands of confirmed positive cases daily and the government are probably going to honour the mid july deadline of removing remaining restrictions. 

Lost for words...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mottaloo said:

My niece in Australia has just told me WA state faces another lockdown because  the authorities  have been notified of two.....TWO....potentially positive cases.

We have thousands of confirmed positive cases daily and the government are probably going to honour the mid july deadline of removing remaining restrictions. 

Lost for words...

They only last a few days though. Catch and trace the infected, then open again

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Lost for words...

If we lockdown the entire country for 2 cases, we will never be back to normal, ever.

No idea why people want to be locked down for their entire lives tbh.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, blandy said:

They only last a few days though. Catch and trace the infected, then open again

True....she said four or five days. It's still a no nonsense approach though.

Guess we've left it go too far for anything like that to have an effect

• Like 1

Â