Generic Virus Thread

villakram

3 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

How was it? Did many people wear masks even though they weren’t obligated to? Did it feel like a normal festival, I avoid saying a normal download as I have been 4 times and know it was seriously reduced numbers.  

Brilliant. The set up of the site was fantastic (arena and campsite in one) and everybody was in good spirits. Didn't see anyone wearing a mask and nobody was (sub)conciously keeping their distance. Honestly, it couldn't have felt more normal. It was actually a depressing site seeing the 'please adhere to social distancing rules again' sign on the exit out.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Genie said:

I noticed this table on the latest government report, it all looks as you’d expect apart from deaths. 

A36-D694-B-7-FA6-45-B8-9-BFC-F5-C10-D3-B

37 people who have had at least 1 vaccine versus 34 who were unvaccinated. What’s that about? It doesn’t seem right when the vaccine shows that you’re much less likely to get ill and go into hospital.

Why are more people dieing after 2 jabs plus 14 days than just after 1?

Is it because there’s far more people who’ve had at least 1 vaccine that people who haven’t? You’d need to look at how many deaths per people in those two categories and compare the proportion, right?

10 hours ago, a m ole said:

Is it because there’s far more people who’ve had at least 1 vaccine that people who haven’t? You’d need to look at how many deaths per people in those two categories and compare the proportion, right?

And the age groups.

Unvaccinated are more likely young people who are less likely to die any time soon. 

Where as if you die within 30 days of a positive test you get captured in the numbers. 

• Like 2

I would like to see some data on degree of side effects and bmi of the individual.

Seems to me that most people who experience the sickness and side effects the harshest is also the people who have some excess isolation.

18 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Feeling a bit rough now but I had 2 wisdom teeth out on Friday so not sure what's the jab and what's that! 

That's rough. My jaw hurts by reading it.  Thank feck I'm not wise 😁

57 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I would like to see some data on degree of side effects and bmi of the individual.

Seems to me that most people who experience the sickness and side effects the harshest is also the people who have some excess isolation.

Excess isolation? Is that a nice way of saying fat? :D

I am normal BMI, as were two of my colleagues who had Moderna, were fine with the 1st jab and the 2nd knocked them over.

I have far less excess isolation than I used to though I’m still carrying a bit of solitary contentment.

I’m borderline fat / normal on the NHS BIM ting. I’m on the cusp of jolly.

No side effects on either first or second jab (AZ).

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

I am normal BMI, as were two of my colleagues who had Moderna, were fine with the 1st jab and the 2nd knocked them over.

Well, guess I better prepare then. Getting my second moderna shot mid July

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

Btw. did your arm hurt as much the second time as the first? I felt nowt except my armed felt absolutely pummeled.

3 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Btw. did your arm hurt as much the second time as the first? I felt nowt except my armed felt absolutely pummeled.

1st dose ached a bit, 2nd I can't lift it really. 

I think my side effects are stronger because my body was already tired from my surgery though. 

Cripes. 

16,135 new cases today. 

3rd May we bottomed out at 1,649.  If I'm honest I didn't see us going back up to these kind of levels with the opening so far. 

The good thing though is the last time we were registering those kind of case numbers we were getting 600-700 deaths per day instead of 19 like we had today. 

• Like 1

Cases are doubling every 11 days apparently so could well be over 30k a day in just over a week. Merkel is apparently pushing for an EU wide rule stating all arrivals from UK should go into quarantine. In fairness I don't blame them given our bollocks of requiring 10 days quarantine if arriving from countries with a tiny fraction of the case rates we have. 

Edited by markavfc40

17 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Cripes. 

16,135 new cases today. 

3rd May we bottomed out at 1,649.  If I'm honest I didn't see us going back up to these kind of levels with the opening so far. 

The good thing though is the last time we were registering those kind of case numbers we were getting 600-700 deaths per day instead of 19 like we had today. 

Yep, whilst the case numbers are going up, thankfully the hospitalisations aren't seeing a huge increase as per previous waves.  The vaccines are working.

I have every faith that as long as the vaccination programme gets to as many people as possible, we'll be relatively clear of this awful situation come August*.

*No doubt some "new" variant will appear during the winter...

Â