Generic Virus Thread

villakram

9 hours ago, Genie said:

I’m hearing of more people getting it again

It's increasingly massively at the moment.

New case's up 50% last week and 50% on that again this week 

Numbers being admitted to hospital, in hospital, and in intensive care bed's all now increasing.

Death's bottoming out and will be rising again.

Who would have thunk it.

And I'm about to get on an absolutely rammed Train because the previous 2 have been cancelled no doubt because all the crews are off with COVID.

Pretty much zero mask wearing.

I think we'll be up to record numbers soon. In fact we probably are because testings fallen off a cliff so God knows the true numbers.

Edited by sidcow

I got it originally in Jan 21. I had been isolating for 3 weeks to protect a vulnerable person. Went out to get paracetamol, 5 minutes, mask on, distanced and caught it. Worst I have ever felt in my life. 2 weeks in bed, sleeping 23 hours a day at points. Came through it eventually unscathed so did the other person who I passed it on too thankfully.

Forced back into the cramped office to work 4 days a week again. Guess what 6 people have got it this week including me. Completely different symptoms this time. This is more like a really horrible cold. Still testing positive with lft. Not ideal as I can't even see my 6 week old or wife who are having to live downstairs. 

I'm triple jabbed. Basically **** this shit! 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, choffer said:

Why don’t we hear anything about boosters anymore? 
I had my third jab in December. Do I get a top-up? If so when?

I heard the 4th is coming next month for over 75's only, and they will monitor if they are going to give it to younger groups.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, choffer said:

Why don’t we hear anything about boosters anymore? 
I had my third jab in December. Do I get a top-up? If so when?

Unless you are in a high risk group you shouldn't have another one until the Autumn. Even then unless we have a horrible version arrive I suspect it will be just the usual flu jab people who have another shot.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Keyblade said:

What happens to people who haven't had the booster? Just the 2 jabs in 2021. How would it work to get them protected? Not much info out there on what to do beyond "get the booster!". 

Well they should just get the booster.   What other info do they want?

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

Well they should just get the booster.   What other info do they want?

Like does the booster have the same efficacy if the second jab was received a year+ ago? Does it even count as a "booster" at that point? 

Sounds like people who have caught it a second time are experiencing much milder symptoms. Unless the strain they are catching is mild of course.

Just trying to reassure myself if I catch the darn thing again

10 minutes ago, MCU said:

Sounds like people who have caught it a second time are experiencing much milder symptoms. Unless the strain they are catching is mild of course.

Just trying to reassure myself if I catch the darn thing again

Currently on my second go. Two years and two weeks after my first. Bad cold symptoms. Horrible cough.

It could be a milder variant, or it could be previous exposure and / or the three vaccinations.

I've avoided it so far (I think) but I'm resigned to the fact that I'll get it at some point (now with the ONS estimating 1 in 20 have it).  How bad will it be? Who knows - as limpid said above, milder symptoms could be (1) a milder variant,  (2) previous exposure or (3) three vaccinations.  

So scenario (1) coupled with scenario (3) is the best bet for me (assuming the booster hasn't already waned substantially since I had it in December).  I can't say I'm looking forward to going into the office for a big meeting on Monday - even if nobody else will be wearing a mask, I will be.  I still wear a mask when going out shopping (probably only one of the few who do so in my local Co-Op now). I know the protection afforded to me will probably be minimal but it is more a point being made in that COVID hasn't gone away and won't go away for quite some time.  I would like to hope that if I wear a mask in the meeting room, others might well just wear one too as a small nod to the fact that wearing a mask protects others and not particularly yourself.  For anyone wondering, I will not think negatively on those who choose not to wear a mask as it is now personal choice and we do need to go about our daily lives but I may well have a sleepless night on Sunday. 

Â