Generic Virus Thread

villakram

13 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Does that include verbal diarrhoea as i think half of the villatalk community must have it then 😃

As long as it isn’t herbal diorama you’ll be fine Dem 😄

• Haha 3

Today I tested negative on day 6.

Got off pretty lightly. Went out to clean my bike - my nose went mad reacting to the cold - thought nothing of it. All degreaser, sprays, lubricants, seem to irritate my nose - all normal allergy stuff.

Got inside - bit of a headache. Bit of time on my hands - feck it lets do a test (had tested negative 2 days earlier) - wallop - came back positive - very quickly - couldn't feckin believe it.......I had a holiday booked in Lanzarote the very next day. 2 more tests and PCR confirmed it. Holiday cancelled.(ouch).

Bunkered down in the bed room - drank gallons of plain water - loads of rest - kept warm by doing 10 mins spin - but no real exertion.

2 days of symptoms - just a runny nose and shivers for me.  Not being Macho but I have had worse colds. Pre covid - would have gone to work + gym.

It's rampant here in the black country - if this mutates into something more severe the consequences don't bear thinking about.

No idea where I picked it up - didn't do anything high risk in the previous week.

Take care folks.

22 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Does that include verbal diarrhoea as i think half of the villatalk community must have it then 😃

Whole of on-topic needs to be locked down... and then shot. 

Edited by Xela
  • Haha 1

Finally a day of feeling somewhat human! Rejoice!

Still a little bit snotty, still a few coughs here and there and a slight headache but I’m feeling a lot better today. The good news is that my first lft after 5 days isolation was still positive so no work on Thursday. If I can still test positive tomorrow then I won’t be back in until Monday🤞.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Good luck if you need to go to A&E at the moment. 

Mother in Law was told it was a 12 hour wait to see a doctor 2 nights ago. 

It’s shocking.

The hospitals have joined GP surgeries in being completely broken. It’s not in news either as there’s too many scandals to handle at the moment.

Covid at record levels / war in Ukraine / Brexit chaos / Ferries sacking hundreds of people / Lockdown parties / Chancellors wife dodging tax / cost of home energy / cost of fuel / cost of food / increased taxes etc etc.

The collapse of the NHS barely gets a mention. 

Boris and his personal deliberate campaign of creating or fuelling a crisis a day is working out well for him.

• Like 3

I can’t believe the strategy that China are adopting. As soon as they dare reopen it’ll recirculate and it’ll all be for nothing.

Now is the time to take it on the chin and put time and resource into those that get seriously ill.

Covid clear now but I'm left feeling a tad lethargic if try do much but this is really annoying - smell and taste have been reduced, it's still there but definitely not as before, also constant acid reflux, excessive saliva and spitting up brown liquid, sorry, just eating extrastrong mints none stop, so annoying.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Covid clear now but I'm left feeling a tad lethargic if try do much but this is really annoying - smell and taste have been reduced, it's still there but definitely not as before, also constant acid reflux, excessive saliva and spitting up brown liquid, sorry, just eating extrastrong mints none stop, so annoying.

You wanna get that checked out ASAP.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

You've not just eaten a Yorkie bar have you?! 

I had a chest infection a few years back and was always amazed at the rich palette of colours I could cough up. 

• Haha 1

It's definitely on the retreat. For every day over the last 2 weeks the number of new cases has fallen much further as a percentage than the fall in tests reported. 

Following today's figures for example number of tests undertaken in the last 7 days is down 25% but new cases are down 38%.

My youngest,  aged 11 has this afternoon tested positive LFT,  2nd time since November, sneezing and cold symptoms so far , other 3 of us negative 🤞, I had it with him last time not not good hopefully a weaker variant 

On 11/04/2022 at 19:00, sidcow said:

It's definitely on the retreat. For every day over the last 2 weeks the number of new cases has fallen much further as a percentage than the fall in tests reported. 

Following today's figures for example number of tests undertaken in the last 7 days is down 25% but new cases are down 38%.

I think deaths and the ONS random sample are the only meaningful stats right now.

And neither look great tbh.

12 minutes ago, hippo said:

Figures all over the place and pretty much meaningless with testing no longer free of charge.

But 651 deaths in a day - today.

Having just looked back at the numbers, that's the highest number in a single day since February last year. 

Personally I'm just glad that it's all over. 

😐

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Having just looked back at the numbers, that's the highest number in a single day since February last year. 

Personally I'm just glad that it's all over. 

😐

Well Boris can hardly re introduce any social distancing measures can he !!!!

26 minutes ago, hippo said:

I think deaths and the ONS random sample are the only meaningful stats right now.

And neither look great tbh.

Deaths lag the current situation by 2 - 3 weeks.  So the current numbers reflect the peak from a few weeks ago and they will plummet in 2 or 3 weeks from now. 

The ONS figures from last week suggested it was leveling off. 

Â