Recruitment

TRO

I must say my gut feeling has much easier time with the current backroom staff....but these owners are something else too...I don't want to talk too soon, but they must be the best owners our club has ever had.

but back to recruitment......It cannot be over stated how crucial a good recruitment department is.....its the life blood of a successful club.

Edited by TRO

Just now, TRO said:

I must say my gut feeling has much easier time with the current backroom staff.

It cannot be over stated how crucial a good recruitment department is.....its the life blood of a successful club.

Look at Everton... 

I then think stability in the manager helps a lot too, a new manager will always get at least a couple of their own players in, 3 or 4 managers in a 5 year spell and you've got a patchwork quilt of a team 

The next challenge for us and deano is we have players who were bought in for a purpose, get us promoted, fill the squad, keep us up, get us mid table, now we've got the next step and some players from step one unfortunately won't make the ride (Hourihane for example) it's natural

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Look at Everton... 

I then think stability in the manager helps a lot too, a new manager will always get at least a couple of their own players in, 3 or 4 managers in a 5 year spell and you've got a patchwork quilt of a team 

The next challenge for us and deano is we have players who were bought in for a purpose, get us promoted, fill the squad, keep us up, get us mid table, now we've got the next step and some players from step one unfortunately won't make the ride (Hourihane for example) it's natural

True.

No one thing on its own, is enough.....its the galvanisation of all the elements pulling together on the same page.

Football is very fragile, as behind every corner, is a set back waiting to happen......but its the resilience to accept it all in our stride and plough on regardless, thats key.

I have to say, one of the best times in my life to be a Villa Fan....and I have 60 years under my belt.

Edited by TRO

19 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Yep, we are in such an advantageous position compared to a lot of our rivals in the gang chasing the top 6.

Everton, Spurs, Arsenal squads' are absolutely packed full of absolute toss they can't get rid of.

Even if we don't smash the summer like last season, money is so big in transfers now you just can't afford to miss disastrously. Not that we would, but lumbering yourselves with a Willian on 250k a week or a £30m Davy Klaassen stinker must be avoided.

It's one of the reasons I don't really mind spending big on someone like McNeil, because I'm convinced he will be a success across the next three or four years here IMO.

Very good points. For the first time in years we dont have to carry over priced wasters. Feels good. 

6 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Very good points. For the first time in years we dont have to carry over priced wasters. Feels good. 

It makes the decision to loan Barkley, instead of transfer, a good one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TRO said:

I must say my gut feeling has much easier time with the current backroom staff....but these owners are something else too...I don't want to talk too soon, but they must be the best owners our club has ever had.

but back to recruitment......It cannot be over stated how crucial a good recruitment department is.....its the life blood of a successful club.

Yes and it means identifying talent like Buendia for 1.7 million and not buying 3-4 players at peak value for 120 million like some would want

35 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Yes and it means identifying talent like Buendia for 1.7 million and not buying 3-4 players at peak value for 120 million like some would want

The nobody Buendia from Getafe wouldn't get a work permit or be able to sign for an English club since brexit.

Lot harder to do that at the moment sadly.

• 2 years later...
On 21/09/2023 at 14:15, villan95 said:

Craig Gardner has something very similar down the road on his PS5, so not really newsworthy this.

edited - wrong Gardner initially quoted 🤦‍♂️

Edited by ferguson1

Hilarious thread from page 1 but unsurprising

Adama Traore, Maupay and Knockaert were the players we needed.

Another poster confirmed our relegation in January 2020 😂

Edited by Zatman
  • Haha 3

Â