Recruitment

TRO

14 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Change or innovation. They are terrified of it. Ask them why their internet is so slow comapred to the UK.

Ask the British why they use two seperate taps rather than a mixer ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...

See Rob Mackenzie is reportedly leaving to join Pearson at Bristol City ... https://www.footballinsider247.com/sources-aston-villa-transfer-guru-in-advanced-talks-to-quit-after-less-than-a-year/

Aston Villa transfer guru Rob Mackenze is in advanced talks to quit and join Bristol City, Football Insider can exclusively reveal.

let’s see shall we ...  

6 minutes ago, thabucks said:

See Rob Mackenzie is reportedly leaving to join Pearson at Bristol City ... https://www.footballinsider247.com/sources-aston-villa-transfer-guru-in-advanced-talks-to-quit-after-less-than-a-year/

let’s see shall we ...  

already called out for being bollox 😂😂

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/bristol-city-aston-villa-recruitment-5400079

Aston Villa's Rob Mackenzie has no intention of leaving the Premier League club to take over as Bristol City's new head of recruitment, Bristol Live understands.

Mark Ashton's impending departure to Ipswich Town at the end of the month has left the recruitment department without a figure overseeing the operation and Football Insider reported on Tuesday that Mackenzie was in "advanced talks" with the Robins, just a year after being appointed at Villa Park.

But multiple sources have insisted there is no truth to those reports and the 35-year-old remains happy and very much committed to his role at Aston Villa.

• Like 3

What did we do to football insider to get regularly negative stories.  I mean they make up all their stories so it’s not about truth so why the bias against us?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, useless said:

Yesterday Football Insider were claiming that Mendes was lining up Nuno as our new boss as Smith's job isn't safe according to them.

It was Gerrard the week before

20 minutes ago, nick76 said:

What did we do to football insider to get regularly negative stories.  I mean they make up all their stories so it’s not about truth so why the bias against us?

Editor is probably Alex Bruce

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 11/05/2021 at 17:54, thabucks said:

Do you think their inside info comes from Alan Hutton and Lee Hendrie? 

more like Ross McCormack.

On 11/05/2021 at 17:13, thabucks said:

let’s see shall we ...  

The sooner they get added to the banned sources list the better.  Can the mods block links to football Insider? It really is complete bollocks. 

They remind me of that complete rip off way back in the day that was called “clubcall” 

What an absolute load of tosh that was and football insider is of the same ilk.

It’s about time some legislation was brought in to stop the obvious & repeated trawling out of lies and complete fabrication by sites like it. 

You can understand the media getting a few things wrong due to the nature of things but nothing but complete lies on repeat for financial gain (aka click bait) should be illegal. 

Edited by danceoftheshamen
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I've just been thinking, since Robert Mackenzie came in, we've had a run of real success in recruitment (permanent signings). 

We've had years of throwing away money on poor players, paying high and selling low (in the unlikely event we could even sell) 

Last season we brought in Cash, Watkins, Martinez, Traore and Sanson. Sanson is early days yet but all those others we would make big profits on if we sold them on now. 

Well down the recruitment team I say.  Such a refreshing change. 

Barkley was the fly in the ointment but I guess the loan was the insurance on that, so you could argue that was also good business.  We didn't sign him for a big fee and have him stinking out the place for 4 years. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

I've just been thinking, since Robert Mackenzie came in, we've had a run of real success in recruitment (permanent signings). 

We've had years of throwing away money on poor players, paying high and selling low (in the unlikely event we could even sell) 

Last season we brought in Cash, Watkins, Martinez, Traore and Sanson. Sanson is early days yet but all those others we would make big profits on if we sold them on now. 

Well down the recruitment team I say.  Such a refreshing change. 

Barkley was the fly in the ointment but I guess the loan was the insurance on that, so you could argue that was also good business.  We didn't sign him for a big fee and have him stinking out the place for 4 years. 

I agree, now let’s see if they can find nuggets....that Scandi kid, that Croatian midfield general....we all know the types that cost 5m and are better than great (like McGinn)

Mackenzie didn't join us until late last summer, I imagine he hasn't been involved with the scouting of any of our recent signings with the exception of Sanson. Same with Lange and Leth, Lange will have been involved with the negotiations but one guesses that most of our targets will have been identified before he arrived, unless he was working behind the scenes before he was originally appointed...

This summer is probably the first chance to see what they do in terms of recruitment.

• Thanks 1

I think DS had a big say in last summer's moves so given the success of pretty much all of them I assume same will happen this time.

I mean of all the strikers in world football who cost 25-30m we just happened to identify number one target as someone who'd played for DS at Brentford for 18 months before.

Not saying it's a bad thing btw....think DS put his foot down with the club after spending 20m + on Wes and then the botched signings of Samatta and Borja Baston and wanted someone a little more top flight ready and he was proven right so puts him in credit for this season.

• Like 2

Â