Recruitment

TRO

Last summer Wolves sold Costa and Caveleiro for £20m each, neither had been anywhere near as good as El Ghazi or Trezeguet in the premier league. Although fee was originally £15m for each, but they got a £5m bonus for both when Leeds and Fulham were promoted.

• 1 month later...

It’s so good we’re actually building a full modern off-field structure that the ‘big’ clubs have probably had for years.

We might not see an immediate impact, but these things are building blocks to being one of the big clubs ourselves in 3-5-8-10 years time.

Watching Dortmund tonight, i was very impressed with some of their young players.....Bellingham has come on leaps and bounds.....maybe we could go prospecting there.

10 hours ago, TRO said:

Watching Dortmund tonight, i was very impressed with some of their young players.....Bellingham has come on leaps and bounds.....maybe we could go prospecting there.

I’m sure I read from them/sources close to them they are only thinking of selling one this summer either Haaland or Sancho, the rest of the players are off limits because they know they will get all the money they need from one of those sales.

Haaland contract has got a one time 70m get out clause next summer (year 2) so they’d rather sell him for big bucks this summer but then Sancho contract length means to get big bucks they probably next to sell him this summer.  They only want to sell one and keep the young squad together.

Edited by nick76

23 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I’m sure I read from them/sources close to them they are only thinking of selling one this summer either Haaland or Sancho, the rest of the players are off limits because they know they will get all the money they need from one of those sales.

Haaland contract has got a one time 70m get out clause next summer (year 2) so they’d rather sell him for big bucks this summer but then Sancho contract length means to get big bucks they probably next to sell him this summer.  They only want to sell one and keep the young squad together.

Dortmund have a really impressive operating model tbh.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

If Villa had that squad and were performing like Dortmund are, there would be a lot on here calling for everyone's head that is involved in the club. They're the second richest club in the league, gave up trying or at best accpeted they couldn't keep up with Bayern, got too comfortable thinking they'll be second and they're guaranteed CL football every year, and now they are 7 points off the CL places after losing at home to the team in 4th over the weekend.

They might be making money for now, but they're not really performing on the pitch. If they don't get CL they are looking at losing both Haaland and Sancho this summer in order to make enough money to rebuild. At the moment they are not very impressive.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, nick76 said:

Shame, I think JB will be a huge star.....was we ever, interested in him, when he was with Blues?

1 minute ago, TRO said:

Shame, I think JB will be a huge star.....was we ever, interested in him, when he was with Blues?

I don’t think so but the Dortmund arrangement seem to have done over a long period so maybe nobody else got chance to get in the door with him.  For a talent, which even we knew he was the rumour mill seemed only to be Dortmund.

• Thanks 1

On 07/04/2021 at 10:24, sparrow1988 said:

If Villa had that squad and were performing like Dortmund are, there would be a lot on here calling for everyone's head that is involved in the club. They're the second richest club in the league, gave up trying or at best accpeted they couldn't keep up with Bayern, got too comfortable thinking they'll be second and they're guaranteed CL football every year, and now they are 7 points off the CL places after losing at home to the team in 4th over the weekend.

They might be making money for now, but they're not really performing on the pitch. If they don't get CL they are looking at losing both Haaland and Sancho this summer in order to make enough money to rebuild. At the moment they are not very impressive.

I was quite impressed with them against City....they was unlucky at times......all looked powerful and comfortable with the ball.....bit slow in the build up, but it was against City.

Bellinghams goal was nailed on....total injustice, that.

but I don't watch them regularly enough, to know much more.

Edited by TRO

4 hours ago, MaVilla said:

They really dont, they think they do but have made some terrible decisions for the last decade 

Just now, Adam2003 said:

Reminiscent of Spurs. They have some lovely players though.

Pretty much so except Levy isn't stupid enough to give the contracts that Hummels and Meunier got

They also **** up not selling Sancho as they wont get a similar price again

55 minutes ago, Zatman said:

They really dont, they think they do but have made some terrible decisions for the last decade 

They've got the youth part right which makes everyone get excited

Unfortunately they've made a right mess of the players at their peak and the older heads to hold it all together, they have some proper shit in the squad and from what I've seen a lack of consistency in the line up, they never have a settled 1st 11

• Like 2

As much as they might deserve "hate" from other fans RB Leipzig are doing a lot of things right. Their scouting (with the help of affiliated clubs) is top notch.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TRO said:

I was quite impressed with them against City....they was unlucky at times......all looked powerful and comfortable with the ball.....bit slow in the build up, but it was against City.

Bellinghams goal was nailed on....total injustice, that.

but I don't watch the regularly enough, to know much more.

They're a good side and they do click every now and then but that is usually by coincidence and not by design. Last night when the expectations were low is ideal for them. A crunch match at home against a not so strong opponent but still a very close rival for the CL spots as on Saturday against Frankfurt and they wilt. 7 pts off 4th with the second best squad (arguably joint second with Leipzig) in the league is a big failure considering the drop to the 4th best squad. Leipzig have a much more impressive system in place. For all their exciting attacking talent Hummels, their CB is 3rd top scorer for them with 4 goals.

Maybe it will change when Rose comes in in the summer however he's got a big job on his hands.

55 minutes ago, sne said:

As much as they might deserve "hate" from other fans RB Leipzig are doing a lot of things right. Their scouting (with the help of affiliated clubs) is top notch.

upamecano shows how it works, signs for Salzburg, moved to Leipzig, got his big move putting money back in to the cycle 

Slozboloi or whatever his name is has huge potential, so does adeyemi, okafor, daka, onguene... Problem is Salzburg are not much of a secret anymore and leipzig will do well to get 1st dibs on these guys but then they've also got their own good scouting getting players like olmo, konate, mukiele

Unfortunately for them they have bayern in their league who are one of of not the best ran club in the world and quietly get away with being filthy **** rich and their owners pumping tons of money in, not sure why ze germans think that the ownership model RB have is so bad, bayerns sponsorships from their owners is worse than man citys but no one really seems to hate them or question it because Audi isn't oil money 

• Like 1

Dortmund have particularly close relationships with some agents. Haaland ended up there because it allows his agent to make £20m twice in a relatively short space of time, they're exceptionally generous to key agents in terms of the clauses they'll allow to be added to contracts. I guess on the positive that means they get access to some great young players, but they're a showroom, not a collector.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, villa4europe said:

upamecano shows how it works, signs for Salzburg, moved to Leipzig, got his big move putting money back in to the cycle 

Slozboloi or whatever his name is has huge potential, so does adeyemi, okafor, daka, onguene... Problem is Salzburg are not much of a secret anymore and leipzig will do well to get 1st dibs on these guys but then they've also got their own good scouting getting players like olmo, konate, mukiele

Unfortunately for them they have bayern in their league who are one of of not the best ran club in the world and quietly get away with being filthy **** rich and their owners pumping tons of money in, not sure why ze germans think that the ownership model RB have is so bad, bayerns sponsorships from their owners is worse than man citys but no one really seems to hate them or question it because Audi isn't oil money 

Change or innovation. They are terrified of it. Ask them why their internet is so slow comapred to the UK.

• Haha 1

Â