Recruitment

TRO

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I think AEG will leave, I don’t think he feels part of the squad and i can see him being detrimental to squad morale potentially.

I think this is just based on him looking a bit sulky. Any behind the scenes vids, training vids etc he seems like a great guy who loves being part of the squad. I’m sure he’s upset not to be playing though of course and agree that does mean he needs to either up his game and compete or ultimately move on - but I don’t think he’s any problem for morale.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

I think this is just based on him looking a bit sulky. Any behind the scenes vids, training vids etc he seems like a great guy who loves being part of the squad. I’m sure he’s upset not to be playing though of course and agree that does mean he needs to either up his game and compete or ultimately move on - but I don’t think he’s any problem for morale.

I just have a nagging feeling he’s the only one in the squad who isn’t entirely bought in, just what I’ve pieced together over the past 12-18 months or so.

I’m probably wrong, hope I am.

I think Mings is easily a 75m defender now. Better than Maguire and I don't say that because I'm biased. Konsa is easily 40m + in this current climate, but because I'm biased I wouldn't sell for less than 75m+ Luiz and Mcginn have increased massively ( 😉) , Trezeguet I'm sure we can squeeze 22m out of someone for. Again I wouldn't sell him. Grealish? How long is a piece of string?

2 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I think AEG will leave, I don’t think he feels part of the squad and i can see him being detrimental to squad morale potentially.

Lansbury is the total opposite so I don’t care if he stays, he gets on well within the squad and seems to be good for morale.

It would be a shame if Guilbert went, permanently at least anyway, I think he’s a very able backup to Cash.

Also - lol at the folks crying about not signing Wilson higher up this page 🤣🤣

Haha assume this was aimed at me from Bruce's biggest fan. You can have your little digs after the embarrassment you've made of yourself in the past. I'll take this one. 

I was getting a little frustrated and worried that we hadn't sorted the striker situation out. We sorted it and I was being impatient, oh well. 

1 hour ago, Sulberto21 said:

I think Mings is easily a 75m defender now. Better than Maguire and I don't say that because I'm biased. Konsa is easily 40m + in this current climate, but because I'm biased I wouldn't sell for less than 75m+ Luiz and Mcginn have increased massively ( 😉) , Trezeguet I'm sure we can squeeze 22m out of someone for. Again I wouldn't sell him. Grealish? How long is a piece of string?

I think konsa has potential to be better than mings incredibly 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I just have a nagging feeling he’s the only one in the squad who isn’t entirely bought in, just what I’ve pieced together over the past 12-18 months or so.

I’m probably wrong, hope I am.

I would say I think you are based on how desperate he was to be here last summer, publicly begging the club and his agent to make the move permanent. He’s a believer. Now, he may well be disillusioned because he’s lost his place in the team, so the test is how he reacts - but I don’t think he’s actually a sulky guy. Either way it’s on him to up his game or he will end up moved on one way or another.

• 3 months later...
On 09/10/2020 at 13:10, Sulberto21 said:

Sale values IMO:

Martinez - £50m

Mings - £40m

Konsa - £40m

Cash - £25m

Targett - £20m

Luiz - £40m

McGinn - £30m

Nakamba - £15m

Grealish - £180m

Trezeguet - £15m

El Ghazi - £15m

Traore - £18m

Watkins - £30m

Just now, ender4 said:

Sale values IMO:

Martinez - £50m

Mings - £40m

Konsa - £40m

Cash - £25m

Targett - £20m

Luiz - £40m

McGinn - £30m

Nakamba - £15m

Grealish - £180m

Trezeguet - £15m

El Ghazi - £15m

Traore - £18m

Watkins - £30m

You forgot the slab head Maguire maths formula.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Sale values IMO:

Martinez - £50m

Mings - £40m

Konsa - £40m

Cash - £25m

Targett - £20m

Luiz - £40m

McGinn - £30m

Nakamba - £15m

Grealish - £180m

Trezeguet - £15m

El Ghazi - £15m

Traore - £18m

Watkins - £30m

Davis 20m, just incase anyone asks😉

• Haha 1

On 09/10/2020 at 15:16, Keyblade said:

Media waxing lyrical about our recruitment, but still don't realize we haven't signed so many players last season for the sake of it but because we only had 10 senior players.

They also don’t realise the amount of development there has been within the recruitment team. This and the joined up thinking between recruitment and coaching is fundamental to what we have achieved this season and can achieve in the future. 

In the past we recruited players without having a plan as to how we’d use them. A number of players recruited under Sherwood and moneyball have gone on to have good careers. The recruitment wasn’t that bad but that’s no good if the coaching is ignored during recruitment. Not that I think Sherwood would have been a success even if we’d have recruited the Man City squad at the time. 

As a club we are all on the same page at all levels. This is seriously building for a sustainable and successful future, on and off the pitch. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ender4 said:

Sale values IMO:

Martinez - £50m

Mings - £40m

Konsa - £40m

Cash - £25m

Targett - £20m

Luiz - £40m

McGinn - £30m

Nakamba - £15m

Grealish - £180m

Trezeguet - £15m

El Ghazi - £15m

Traore - £18m

Watkins - £30m

I dont think in reality clubs will pay £15 mil for Nakamba, Trez or El Ghazi.

Â