Erling Braut Håland

mikeyp102

8 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I worry for the return leg of that one - I think Haaland might have something to prove.

I don't think he'll need to prove anything to anyone by that stage.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Really curious about how Ronaldo would have got on if he'd joined when he should have instead of being talked into Utd.

I think it could have been similar. Can definitely imagine him getting in the end of the penalty box tap ins Haaland is gobbling up.

He'll be furious about it :)

Haaland is absolutely miles better than the current Ronaldo

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Haaland is absolutely miles better than the current Ronaldo

Wouldn't argue hard against that. 

Hard to judge Ronaldo in a mostly rotten Utd side last season IMO. He's still a goal machine if he's on the pitch.

He still scored 24 goals in all comps last year! Blimey, didn't think it was that many.

I think he'd have scored 40-60 for City last year. The real interesting thing would have been if City signed Haaland anyway off the back of that. He may have ended up at Madrid.

Anyway, point is. Ronaldo will be thinking it while he's sat on the Utd bench. He'll be fuming. That's funny.

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

Wouldn't argue hard against that. 

Hard to judge Ronaldo in a mostly rotten Utd side last season IMO. He's still a goal machine if he's on the pitch.

He still scored 24 goals in all comps last year! Blimey, didn't think it was that many.

I think he'd have scored 40-60 for City last year. The real interesting thing would have been if City signed Haaland anyway off the back of that. He may have ended up at Madrid.

Anyway, point is. Ronaldo will be thinking it while he's sat on the Utd bench. He'll be fuming. That's funny.

I don't think he'd have scored that many. He'd have scored a lot, but not sure it would be 40-60 territory. 

This Ronaldo makes teams worse. Not sure if that would have happened at a stronger team like City, but he wouldn't have had the impact Haaland has had

45 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I don't think he'd have scored that many. He'd have scored a lot, but not sure it would be 40-60 territory. 

This Ronaldo makes teams worse. Not sure if that would have happened at a stronger team like City, but he wouldn't have had the impact Haaland has had

He wouldn't have had the same 'negative' impact at City that he did have at Man Utd (IMO) simply because there isn't the same requirement to have a mobile centre forward.  Haaland is better than Ronaldo with his movement now (I think), but Ronaldo could certainly do what Haaland does and, largely, just sit around the box with minimal touches all game - but the ones he has are in very dangerous areas.

Those stretch finishes that Haaland does are different level, though.  I bet they're worth about 10 goals a season above any other striker.

6 hours ago, bobzy said:

He wouldn't have had the same 'negative' impact at City that he did have at Man Utd (IMO) simply because there isn't the same requirement to have a mobile centre forward.  Haaland is better than Ronaldo with his movement now (I think), but Ronaldo could certainly do what Haaland does and, largely, just sit around the box with minimal touches all game - but the ones he has are in very dangerous areas.

Those stretch finishes that Haaland does are different level, though.  I bet they're worth about 10 goals a season above any other striker.

hhhhmm, let's not make out that he is standing in the box waiting. He stretched the defence in a way Ronaldo wouldn't Sunday.

He had 2 brilliant assists on Sunday, Ronaldo would not have created them.

1 hour ago, Mr_Dogg said:

hhhhmm, let's not make out that he is standing in the box waiting. He stretched the defence in a way Ronaldo wouldn't Sunday.

He had 2 brilliant assists on Sunday, Ronaldo would not have created them.

I think the truth is that last season Ronaldo would have done well and scored quite a lot at Man City, but Haaland is still clearly doing better than Ronaldo could have - I’m not sure anyone disagrees with that though. Just that Ronaldo likely would have been seen a short term success for a team that was almost universally agreed to just need a goal scorer to complete the puzzle.

10 hours ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Ronaldo at that age was more of a winger. 

Messi more of a playmaker. 

Different players. Compare him to other box strikers like Shearer, Nistelrooy etc 

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Different players. Compare him to other box strikers like Shearer, Nistelrooy etc 

Ronaldo was in his 4th season at United before he could be the main attacking threat as Van Nistelrooy and Rooney were considered the goalscorer

Same with Messi who had Ronaldinho, Etoo and Henry ahead of him plus was a bit injury prone when younger

1 hour ago, Pinebro said:

thats not how stats on social media work!

surprised no ones also called them penaldo and pessi yet, is paaland a thing? 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

thats not how stats on social media work!

surprised no ones also called them penaldo and pessi yet, is paaland a thing? 

He needs a rival first. Liverpool fans and some media tried to build up Nunez for that role 😂

Penbappe maybe

• Like 1

2 hours ago, duke313 said:

I don't think Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo are good comparisons for Haaland at that age, as they were not strikers.  

A better comparison for Haaland would be Ronaldo Luís Nazário de Lima..... Fenômeno.

By my calculations Fenômeno had 183 club goals when he was the same age as Haaland.

Ronaldo and the unsolved mystery of the 1998 World Cup Final

The true GOAT.

He's my favourite ever player. 

Unfortunately most 'fans' these days don't know who he is as they're too young or are relatively new to following football. His memory is also tarnished due to his later years when he put on weight. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, duke313 said:

I don't think Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo are good comparisons for Haaland at that age, as they were not strikers.  

A better comparison for Haaland would be Ronaldo Luís Nazário de Lima..... Fenômeno.

By my calculations Fenômeno had 183 club goals when he was the same age as Haaland.

Ronaldo and the unsolved mystery of the 1998 World Cup Final

The true GOAT.

R9 is a completely different striker. 

Not at all what you would call a box striker. 

3 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

He's my favourite ever player. 

Unfortunately most 'fans' these days don't know who he is as they're too young or are relatively new to following football. His memory is also tarnished due to his later years when he put on weight. 

You seem to be criticising 'fans' for being young. 

2 hours ago, Mr_Dogg said:

You seem to be criticising 'fans' for being young. 

Not at all. I'm saying it's a shame he doesn't get the recognition he deserves. Which is feel is largely because most fans won't know him despite him being relatively recent. This might be due to him missing the social media age though. 

People older than me though probably say similar things about Pele, Maradona etc. 

5 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Not at all. I'm saying it's a shame he doesn't get the recognition he deserves. Which is feel is largely because most fans won't know him despite him being relatively recent. This might be due to him missing the social media age though. 

People older than me though probably say similar things about Pele, Maradona etc. 

His last game in Europe was February 2008, Messi or Ronaldo had not won a Ballon Dor yet

Erling Haaland was 7 😛

Also I think Ronaldo "stats" arent incredible on paper so the Twitter expert as probably don't rare him though he played in a much tougher era. Serie A late 90s was not a friendly place for strikers

Edited by Zatman

Â