Tom13

Output aside, which is pretty dire this season, their fans just don't rate him at all.

It's not uncommon to think "well he's very raw but you can see why he's a PL club's prospect", but they mostly think he's really far off the pace, these are from the last two match threads (from https://www.sitdownorwellstealyourclub.com/) he's played in - I've not been selective pulling the bad comments - there are no positive posts about him at all.

He's 19, I won't write him off yet, but the clock is ticking.

As for Barry, he needs to go back to u23 football. He ain't anywhere near ready for men's football. Its actually embarrassing watching him play. He's shrugged aside as if he's a child. He's never going to be an Adama Traore in terms of strength, but his agility/balance is so so poor.

Sick to death of watching Barry. Complete waste of a position. Missed chances, constantly loses the ball, as weak as a fart.

How the **** is Barry losing out to the keeper there?

What a **** pointless player to have on the pitch.

Barry - taken me a while but I think he is just not ready for this level, can see why he thrived with Swindon they were flying high with lots of attacking players pulling their weight so no pressure for him. But in our current situation he will just not thrive.

Took 2 weeks negotiating the Leko deal. Should have wrapped it up sooner so he could feature today, at least then we wouldn’t have had to witness 14 year old Barry again.

Louie Barry is just so pointless. Can never take on his man as he’s too weak and his final ball is never right.

Holland off? Why? He’s been far more effective than Barry, who just is not ready for mens football. Far too weak.

Edited by Davkaus

Obviously, we shouldn’t completely write off a player who’s only 19 years of age but I think its safe to say he probably won’t make the grade as a pl footballer. I can see him having a solid career in the championship though.

Edited by Laughable Chimp

Something I've wondered of late is maybe that playing through the middle would suit him better at first team level, for U21s he would play out on the left and get a lot of goals by cutting in from the left by dribbling past players and then shooting, playing like that not as easy to do at first team level for any player.

Might be better off finding him a team that use him in the same way that we used him against Liverpool, even it means him having to drop down a level, or going to team that aren't going to give him as many minutes, but when they do will use him in a postion that might better suits him.

There's part of me that wonders if we would just be better off recalling him and giving him half a season with our U21s get him some goal scoring confidence back, he probably have a better chance of getting a good loan next season  by doing that than he would by staying at MK Dons.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Obviously, we shouldn’t completely write off a player who’s only 19 years of age but I think its safe to say he probably won’t make the grade as a pl footballer. I can see him having a solid career in the championship though.

I think you need to be physically developed at a young age to make it in the premier league and English football in general, some of the smaller technical players like Barry would benefit moving abroad to a less physical leagues in Europe they’d learn alot and work with better coaches. Obviously Barry has already been at Barca.

• Like 1

Think we all got drunk on the “ he played for Barca B team “ thing. There is a reason there was so much fuss over Carney and as acrimonious as the parting was - we tried to keep him because we knew, and chelsea knew. Similar to how we don’t face the same resistance trying to keep Barry, Chrisense, Doyle-Hayes, McKirdy. They’ll unlikely make it at elite level 

Edited by Johnnyp

Let's not be too hasty to write the lad off quite yet. He's not made the rapid progress that both we and he, were hoping for, but he has the talent to become a PL player yet and he's one of our own. He needs games and he's been unlucky with his moves to both Ipswich & MK. I think we probably need to bring him back to play with the U21s or with a club where he would be wanted and not have fans on his back too soon. That could be in League 2 for example, at a club that actually needs a striker, but can't afford one. I think the last couple of years have seen him tread water, at least partly due to where he's been playing. 

10 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

And Bannan has had a decent football league career as well. Just looked at his stats recently- over 300 games for Wednesday. 

It’s nothing personal and id hope all these lads make their way in the game. If it’s not at Villa, there is scope to forge out a career elsewhere. Bannan is a classic example that you don’t need to be fatalistic about the situation if you don’t make it where you thought you would. Great pro. Although i can’t put Bannan in the “ not making it here “ category. Played almost 70 games for us. 

2 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

It’s nothing personal and id hope all these lads make their way in the game. If it’s not at Villa, there is scope to forge out a career elsewhere. Bannan is a classic example that you don’t need to be fatalistic about the situation if you don’t make it where you thought you would. Great pro. Although i can’t put Bannan in the “ not making it here “ category. Played almost 70 games for us. 

If he was around now he wouldn't have played that many. Was in the late stage Lerner era when the big earners were getting chucked out. But still, has had a good career and Barry would do well to match that.

3 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

The goal against Liverpool will most likely be the biggest highlight of his career after he retires.

To be fair he could have a half decent career in villas first team and that would still be the case

Also to be fair this notion that we will have some youngsters who break through... Barry, KKH, Ramsey, timbo, Bogarde, Wilson, kerr, feeney, kellyman, oreilly etc etc something is going wrong if we don't have 3 or 4 break through, you can see it's a long term plan of the club

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

To be fair he could have a half decent career in villas first team and that would still be the case

Also to be fair this notion that we will have some youngsters who break through... Barry, KKH, Ramsey, timbo, Bogarde, Wilson, kerr, feeney, kellyman, oreilly etc etc something is going wrong if we don't have 3 or 4 break through, you can see it's a long term plan of the club

The thing is the quality required to play at this level is so absurdly high that it wouldn't surprise me one bit if none of them make it.

Happens to most highly rated youth, that’s why I don’t get too excited about the rest of our youth in the past or now as only one or two generally ever make it to the level we play at.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

The thing is the quality required to play at this level is so absurdly high that it wouldn't surprise me one bit if none of them make it.

Agree on the quality required but at the same time I think that the resources we've piled in to the adadeny, the infrastructure, the coaching, the recruitment, just the fact that we've blatantly identified it as something that we want to do, if none of them make it then something has gone wrong

30 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Happens to most highly rated youth, that’s why I don’t get too excited about the rest of our youth in the past or now as only one or two generally ever make it to the level we play at.

I'm tired of telling people that the overhyped ones usually end up falling down the Leagues.

The quiet scrappers who just work hard, persevere and go under the radar, like Iroegbunam, JJ and so on, usually make it.

It's always easy tearing it up against other kids, but a totally different thing at the highest levels.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

Our set up means that you will have more of a chance to make it in the prem than before. But that still is a very small percentage. One from every age group might be too much. Maybe 1 every couple of years. Some will play a few games for us and then fade away . 

Out of the youth cup winners only Carney is currently playing prem football. Our keeper is playing vanarama, our rb is back after a loan at huddersfield. Bogarde and Swinkels are either injured or nowhere near , revan got to sit on the bench . Chrisene is playing in scotland Lindley failed league 2 whereas finn azaz excelled there. AJ did ok at Norwich. Barry failing at MK Dons and Young is back from scotland after not pulling up trees. 

They were a proper threat at that level but its not giving us real quality players to put into our squad.  Our current crop got battered by southamptons u18s last week. 

Â