Tom13

• 4 weeks later...
On 22/12/2022 at 22:04, DJ_Villain said:

Bit hard for me to say mate. I’m 5’6…

Me saying that someone else needs to bulk up and hit the gym would be somewhat hypocritical 😂

I've bad news for you. Going to the gym won't make you taller. I speak from personal experience

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Just watched Argyle vs Don's and tried to keep an eye on how Barry got on. Some nice runs and a few decent dribbles but no end product. Was lucky not to get booked for a dive. Seemed to be a bit of a mardy git but that might be as it's cold, raining and Argyle were winning 3-1.

• 3 weeks later...

I hope he didn't piss away too much of his money on those expensive designer clothes he was modelling at the start of this thread. He won't be shopping there when he's turning out for Alvechurch and driving a fork lift😔

• Haha 2

He’s nowhere near good enough to make it as a PL player, you could see that from the youth cup victory a couple of years back. Of all those players, only maybe Chukwuemeka will make it. Kessler and Ramsey have an outside chance. 

Of our current crop, the one that stands out the most is Irroegbunam. I think he may have an impact at this level but the rest of them will probably ply their trade in the lower divisions. Which is fine, they’ll still be very wealthy. 

2 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

People underestimate how tough it is to make it as footballer at any level. Plenty that think we’ll have a team of academy players in a few years time will be very disappointed.

Well a lot of it is unlucky that MK Dons who were in play offs last season ended up in a relegation fight this season. When you're down there chances are had to come by. 

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

He’s nowhere near good enough to make it as a PL player, you could see that from the youth cup victory a couple of years back. Of all those players, only maybe Chukwuemeka will make it. Kessler and Ramsey have an outside chance. 

Of our current crop, the one that stands out the most is Irroegbunam. I think he may have an impact at this level but the rest of them will probably ply their trade in the lower divisions. Which is fine, they’ll still be very wealthy. 

My football manager campaign which is about 14 years in the future says differently…

He did quite well at Villa before moving to Newcastle…

Then again, my old FM campaign in 2007 had Nathan Delfoneso scoring the winning goal for England against Wales in the World Cup final…

So it evidently isn’t a crystal ball…

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

99% of players to come out of our academy will never play even 1 minute in the PL. There is no shame its just the system.
He will make a good career out of himself playing below the PL level and earn a lot's of money regardless of what happens, Even that is a great achievement in Football.

2 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

People underestimate how tough it is to make it as footballer at any level. Plenty that think we’ll have a team of academy players in a few years time will be very disappointed.

Made a mistake sending him to league 1 at Ipswich last season as his first taste of senior football, it was obvious he was never going to be ready, as you say the step up from academy to proper football is tough to say the least. At least this season in league 1 he's actually getting more reasonable game time, even if he maybe isn't scoring goals they're obviously happy enough with him to keep playing him. Unfortunately he's under unnecessary pressure now having already had a failed loan spell in league 1 last season, shows just how important these loan deals are, positively or negatively - if he'd had a full season at Swindon and had scored double figures we'd have all been happy and we'd probably be thinking playing most games this season for MK in a higher division is good progression for him. 

• Like 2

He's still doing better than the majority of players his age to be getting regular football at League One level.

Goal return poor but he's playing in a very poor team, and he's not playing as a striker he's playing on the wing a lot of the time on the right as well which doesn't lend itself to him scoring goals.

He's played twelve games worth of League One football for them and provided three assists and one goal from the wing in a poor team, that's not actually that bad at all.

Nineteen years of his age is way too early to be writing a player off, he's probably got a better chance than some of our other youngsters that get hyped.

Even if he doesn't make it with us, he's going to be good enough to get a move fairly high up the footballing ladder, so will have a chance to work his way back up.

• Like 2

Â