Tom13

17 hours ago, NoelVilla said:

Haven't paid attention myself but just saw this.

Not sure how Preece got that stat. Even if I wanted to be extremely generous by ignoring his minutes in the cups and counting the penalty he won as an assist, the lowest I can get is a goal or an assist every 180 minutes

• Like 1

15 hours ago, MaVilla said:

He won't make it at villa imo.

I don't think so.

Fact is, if you're that size you've got to be really really really good. Not sure he'll get there while his contract here runs down.

15 hours ago, MaVilla said:

He won't make it at villa imo.

I dunno, agree with Preece that time is on his side, can see him creeping up the EFL with loans and then finally breaking through at villa when he's 21/22 he'll be a late bloomer and on our books for a long time

Depends where we are in terms of league position, squad and Europe, he's another that could benefit hugely if we end up playing the team 5th in the Hungarian league in the europa conference in a couple of years time

I've never been that impressed by him whenever I've seen him play (Liverpool goal aside). I've always thought Kessler, A. Ramsey and Chuk were the players that had the best chance of breaking through. 
Hopefully he surprises me, but I think he's destined to ply his trade in either L1 or maybe the Championship if things go his way. Which is fine, he'll earn more money than I will in my lifetime. 

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Depends where we are in terms of league position, squad and Europe, he's another that could benefit hugely if we end up playing the team 5th in the Hungarian league in the europa conference in a couple of years time

Even Delfouneso scored for us in Europe.

Bloody hell he is still playing for Accrington Stanley.

Edited by The Fun Factory

51 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

The kid is 19. We didn’t see the best of Grealish for many years. Players mature at different times. He’s got fantastic ability for someone of his age. He absolutely has what it takes. 

110% imo. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Not sure how Preece got that stat. Even if I wanted to be extremely generous by ignoring his minutes in the cups and counting the penalty he won as an assist, the lowest I can get is a goal or an assist every 180 minutes

I assume his "now averaging" means that Preece has looked back a certain number of games but not the entire season. Probably enough games to best suit his argument.

13 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

In the league its a goal and assist every 240 minutes

Preece becoming a journalist impresses me every single week

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

I don't think so.

Fact is, if you're that size you've got to be really really really good. Not sure he'll get there while his contract here runs down.

For me he is missing something at the moment like the x factor.

I think the club have given him 2 poor loans out of 3 and he should have been allowed develop in League 2 again

27 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think the club have given him 2 poor loans out of 3 and he should have been allowed develop in League 2 again

Mk loan is a good one he getting mins, also fighting for a place in the team
Not every loan should be easy and a walk in the park, thats not football or life. You don't get handed the golden spoon in the working class sport. 

The PL revealed this year that 97% of players who come through top academies never play a minute of top-flight football!  So the odds are against every single player in our academy of ever making it as a PL player not just Louie Barry. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

He’s already shown that he’s good enough for league 2, no point in loaning him back there again.

if he is ever going to make it here, he now needs to show that he can do it at league 1 level. Whether that be at MK Dons or any other league 1 club

3 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

He’s already shown that he’s good enough for league 2, no point in loaning him back there again.

if he is ever going to make it here, he now needs to show that he can do it at league 1 level. Whether that be at MK Dons or any other league 1 club

He didnt even play 15 games at that level so while it was promising start I would have left him longer

Â