Tom13

He did well at Swindon. Still an exciting talent and one for the future. and IF he don't make it at Villa he definitely have a good career and make good money if he stays injury free.

Just turned 19. Not alot of chances at the highest level for a young non physically imposing striker. But he is quality   . With the right loan moves and right physical conditioning he has every chance of becoming a really good player. Its up to him though as well mentally. Must be hard to not be tearing it up like he used to and not getting a look in at youth age in the England set up. 

Imagine having Bara and PSG fighting over you and then things stagnating 3 years later. 

19 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Just turned 19. Not alot of chances at the highest level for a young non physically imposing striker. But he is quality   . With the right loan moves and right physical conditioning he has every chance of becoming a really good player. Its up to him though as well mentally. Must be hard to not be tearing it up like he used to and not getting a look in at youth age in the England set up. 

Imagine having Bara and PSG fighting over you and then things stagnating 3 years later. 

He’s 19 now? Blimey those last few years went quick.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

You ain't seen him lately, he's had a cardio trainer, he's big lad now!

On 30/06/2022 at 23:35, a m ole said:

Through looking up what Louie is doing I just had the misfortune of stumbling upon Harry McKirdy’s instagram. Imagine a modern day, less likable Jimmy Bullard.

I think hes ace. Bit of a one off. Stupid hair,  but a really good goal scorer last season at Swindon.. he plays the pantomime villain perfectly

I know he’s bulked up a bit, but the fact he has been smaller than average and still stood out as a talented player is a very good thing in my opinion. You get some players like Micah Richards, who excel at a young age because of their physical size or height… they’re the players I’d be less confident in because as they get older and start playing against other physically large/better opposition their advantages wane. If Barry is smaller than average and still excels in his age groups, and he did well last year on loan, then I think that’s a great sign. 

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

I know he’s bulked up a bit, but the fact he has been smaller than average and still stood out as a talented player is a very good thing in my opinion. You get some players like Micah Richards, who excel at a young age because of their physical size or height… they’re the players I’d be less confident in because as they get older and start playing against other physically large/better opposition their advantages wane. If Barry is smaller than average and still excels in his age groups, and he did well last year on loan, then I think that’s a great sign. 

I still have the highest of hopes for him. I've always been hugely impressed whenever I've seen him and I never thought his physical build was a hindrance to him at all - his agility and ability to change direction without losing his balance made up for any lack in size as far as I could tell.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lichfield Dean said:

I still have the highest of hopes for him. I've always been hugely impressed whenever I've seen him and I never thought his physical build was a hindrance to him at all - his agility and ability to change direction without losing his balance made up for any lack in size as far as I could tell.

Strange. I’ve not been that impressed with him tbh. Don’t think he will make it as a PL footballer. Will still have a good career though. 

35 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Strange. I’ve not been that impressed with him tbh. Don’t think he will make it as a PL footballer. Will still have a good career though. 

Well, will be interesting to see how he progresses!

I'm hoping that we have really got a top young player on our hands and as has been said, he's bulking up a bit:

Video) Moment Barry realises he must settle for Fabinho's shirt image.jpeg.aef6be23db3f654a6242dab193b6c830.jpeg

much like another young player did some years ago (it happens with top young players)...;):

image.jpeg.d757d239406b21b181c93ff5da02d2c2.jpeg ASTON VILLA FC 1977 League Cup Final Brian Little Leighton Philips press  photo £39.99 - PicClick UK

Edited by John
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Were you impressed with Cameron Archer 18 months ago when he was in his 2nd month with Solihull Moors? Because he was the exact same age back then as Barry is now.

I bet you were like most of us and didn't know who Cameron Archer was.

Let's give our young players a chance to develop in their own time before judging them success or failure. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Were you impressed with Cameron Archer 18 months ago when he was in his 2nd month with Solihull Moors? Because he was the exact same age back then as Barry is now.

I bet you were like most of us and didn't know who Cameron Archer was.

Let's give our young players a chance to develop in their own time before judging them success or failure. 

You’re right. I shouldn’t express my opinion or speculate on a message board. He’s going to be fantastic. 

• Haha 2

Â