Tom13

6 minutes ago, pete101 said:

In a Gerrard system ( In no way am I saying he is ready) where dose he play? so what we have seen so far from Gerrard is two 10s behind a 9  and second system has been two 9s with a 10 behind them, for me Barry was the perfect long term jack replacement from the left but our current system dose not get the best out of that type of player

No way a Jack replacement. Klopp called him “young Vardy” after that goal in the cup. So his best starting is as a wide forward in a 4:3:3 system similar to Liverpool.

26 minutes ago, PerryBarrPet said:

No way a Jack replacement. Klopp called him “young Vardy” after that goal in the cup. So his best starting is as a wide forward in a 4:3:3 system similar to Liverpool.

Klopp watched him in 1 game, think most of us that have watched him a lot may have a better opinion, I've watched him I'd say a bit, not a lot, every time I've seen him play except the Liverpool game where we tried to catch there high line with his pace, he has played from left, pretty much what you said, vardy is a lot more direct

• Like 1

Ipswich's top scorer Macauley Bonne has twelve goals, I'm reasonably confident that if they'd have played Barry, given him a run of games, he would have bettered that, them not using him may well be what ultimately costs them promotion, or at least a place in the play-offs.

Next season I think he will get a loan to the championship nae bother, I think I read there was interest in him from that division in January, but understandably after what had happened at Ipswich, club wanted him to go somewhere where he's more guaranteed game time.

I wouldn't be that surprised to see him replace Archer at Preston next season.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

In case anyone was in any doubt Paul Cook was terrible and harmed Barry's career before we recalled him. Cook now has a new job after being fired by League One Ipswich for incompetence. He is at 5th tier Chesterfield FC.

before Ipswich he won the league with the previous 3 teams he managed including a previous stint at Chesterfield :P 

Saw someone say he's the only teenager to score multiple braces in all 4 tiers of English football this season 

FWIW I think he'll do a Henry, start on the left then gradually develop more central, he's not Jack's replacement in a footballing sense as he's far more attacking but in a positional one yeah I can see it, on the left is where he'll break through - which then gives us a problem in Gerrards set up

5 hours ago, paul514 said:

I can’t see where he fits in Gerrards system (as usual) and until someone is pulling up trees in the championship they aren’t ready to play for us anyway.

Disagree with that 

All it takes is a good summer, something clicking, someone getting injured and eventually one of these kids has to step in, not saying Barry is ready but KKH for example if cash gets injured pre season he should be given the chance 

At the very least I'd want Barry to get pre season with us, maybe even the 1st cup game 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, pete101 said:

In a Gerrard system ( In no way am I saying he is ready) where dose he play? so what we have seen so far from Gerrard is two 10s behind a 9  and second system has been two 9s with a 10 behind them, for me Barry was the perfect long term jack replacement from the left but our current system dose not get the best out of that type of player

Gerrard will be gone, one way or another, before Barry is ready for the first team so I wouldn't worry about it

• Like 1

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Disagree with that 

All it takes is a good summer, something clicking, someone getting injured and eventually one of these kids has to step in, not saying Barry is ready but KKH for example if cash gets injured pre season he should be given the chance 

At the very least I'd want Barry to get pre season with us, maybe even the 1st cup game 

Well we have an injured full back at present. You confident Stevie G is going to give one of the kids a start in that position ? 

Just now, hippo said:

Well we have an injured full back at present. You confident Stevie G is going to give one of the kids a start in that position ? 

Dunno is chrisene will even make the bench tbh, not sure if he's one of those who are considered our top talents and good enough for the PL

Will be disappointing if young plays every remaining minute at LB this season though, we should at least look at him

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Dunno is chrisene will even make the bench tbh, not sure if he's one of those who are considered our top talents and good enough for the PL

Will be disappointing if young plays every remaining minute at LB this season though, we should at least look at him

Think we paid big money for Chrisene and the club seem to hold him high though most places I have seen his natural position is midfield

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Think we paid big money for Chrisene and the club seem to hold him high though most places I have seen his natural position is midfield

He's played as a left back pretty much since he arrived at the club - that's definitely his position now.

23 hours ago, pete101 said:

Klopp watched him in 1 game, think most of us that have watched him a lot may have a better opinion, I've watched him I'd say a bit, not a lot, every time I've seen him play except the Liverpool game where we tried to catch there high line with his pace, he has played from left, pretty much what you said, vardy is a lot more direct

Every time I have seen him play it is on the left too

Looks like he’s doing well at Swindon, hopefully they make the playoffs and he gets some big game experience. Ideally we get him a loan to Championship club next season, perfect stepping stone in his development. 

13 hours ago, Peter Griffin said:

Every time I have seen him play it is on the left too

That's why I likened him more to Henry from what I've seen, he's not grealish and he's also not a chalk on his boots winger, he's a left sided attacker in a front 3 who will attack the back post 

• Like 1

On 15/04/2022 at 23:04, ciggiesnbeer said:

In case anyone was in any doubt Paul Cook was terrible and harmed Barry's career before we recalled him. Cook now has a new job after being fired by League One Ipswich for incompetence. He is at 5th tier Chesterfield FC.

He's an absolute whopper.

You take kids on loan you play them, simple as that. Whether that's in the first team or off the bench. At the very very least they are in and around the match day squads.

Actively harming kids careers.

If you aren't going to play him don't loan him simple as that. You're a manager. Surely you have an idea of what you need and where you see the side going.

Muppet.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Â