Danny Drinkwater

StefanAVFC

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Yet you enter Grealish thread weekly to criticise him but praise Drinkwater constantly, probably the biggest dickhead to play for Villa ever

I expect miracles from Grealish every week, I don’t know why and when he doesn’t perform to a very high standard, I feel the need to criticise him. If and when he leaves, I will feel very sad but no player is irreplaceable although it will have a very negative effect on the team

On 22/02/2020 at 19:16, villalad21 said:

I don't think they are shit.

Think they will take the Gueye, Veretout route.

They will improve once they get into a club who is stable.

I've seen enough from both of them that they'll be fine at a better club.

Our club is just a mess and confusing. Starting eleven changing every week. We never know what the starting eleven will be. Nothing is settled.

But he has a point.....we are powderpuff....they lose the ball and their man far too easily....this subsequently exposes the defence....its a knock on effect.

we need more power and domination in the middle, players with the power and guile to take care of the ball......i.e a young Gareth Barry.

1 minute ago, TRO said:

But he has a point.....we are powderpuff....they lose the ball and their man far too easily....this subsequently exposes the defence....its a knock on effect.

It is often said that a team mirror it's manager.

I think our player's softness is a case of poor coaching.

Think we would see a totally different Luiz under Wilder or Pep.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I expect miracles from Grealish every week, I don’t know why and when he doesn’t perform to a very high standard, I feel the need to criticise him. If and when he leaves, I will feel very sad but no player is irreplaceable although it will have a very negative effect on the team

I am quite the opposite.....I feel sorry for Jack that he hasn't got players around him to help.

He and Mings have been overloaded......maybe SJM coming back will ease the burden.

Oops we are in the Danny Drinkwater thread, better get back on topic.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

It is often said that a team mirror it's manager.

I think our player's softness is a case of poor coaching.

Think we would see a totally different Luiz under Wilder or Pep.

Its a suspicion, I have had for a while now.....thats why I don't think it will change.

I do think teams mirror the manager.

but players like Danny Drinkwater won't change it.....the one playing for Leicester, might have done, this is where due dilligence is lacking.

Edited by TRO

On 28/03/2020 at 06:50, TRO said:

Its a suspicion, I have had for a while now.....thats why I don't think it will change.

I do think teams mirror the manager.

but players like Danny Drinkwater won't change it.....the one playing for Leicester, might have done, this is where due dilligence is lacking.

It's become quite apparent that the Danny Drinkwater that played for Leicester has gone & doesn't look like coming back. He was a massive gamble especially after not making the Burnley side & I can see why Villa thought they might getting a deal. How he can show up so badly out of shape is beyond me & how Villa didn't pick up on that is worrying. He has one more year on his contract at Chelsea & I guess he will milk it to the end.

• Like 1

I understood Smith's desire to have steel in midfield but ended up with tinfoil lost to the breeze, folding under the least bit of pressure. I could never understand why he'd be selected when his fitness was clearly so poor. Not to mention his attitude concerns. Hands down, an atricious piece of business.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/11317093/danny-drinkwaters-restaurant-racks-up/

Danny Drinkwater’s trendy restaurant has racked up debts of close to £2million in just a year.
FoodWell aims to combine wholesome food with fitness classes.

But the ex-Leicester and Chelsea star’s brainchild has had a troubled start, according to his accounts.Books lodged with government department Companies House show it has liabilities of £1.7 million and cash reserves of just £8,435.

The restaurant in ­Manchester’s city centre, which employs 45 people, had been proving a hit with diners and got good reviews online.

It has assets in the shape of equipment and stock of £725,962.

Last month the dad-of-one was sent home from training at Premier League strugglers Aston Villa after a bust-up with a team-mate.

In August last year, while on a loan spell at Burnley, the 30-year-old was exposed by The Sun brawling in a nightclub in Manchester.

Shortly after the footage was filmed, he was involved in an unrelated incident when he was attacked by a gang of six men outside the venue

The unsavoury incident came on top of a drink drive ban after he crashed his motor into a wall after a night out in Cheshire in April last year.

On 28/03/2020 at 12:48, TRO said:

I am quite the opposite.....I feel sorry for Jack that he hasn't got players around him to help.

He and Mings have been overloaded......maybe SJM coming back will ease the burden.

Oops we are in the Danny Drinkwater thread, better get back on topic.

It’s a team game, we need a squad full of quality players in order to compete at the highest level. I’d say that we are quite far from that, although we have the infrastructure in place I think. Saying that, we have a lot of very good players currently that we are lucky to have. We have to find ways of not being so reliant on our best players I think. It’s easy for me to say, more difficult to actually put in to practice 

Looking forward to seeing this in "other football". Probably the worst loan signing we have ever made. At least that Spanish goalkeeper we had didn't cost us any points and saved a penalty. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Looking forward to seeing this in "other football". Probably the worst loan signing we have ever made. At least that Spanish goalkeeper we had didn't cost us any points and saved a penalty. 

Probably Burnley's as well.

18 hours ago, Junxs said:

It does raise many questions of what we are actually doing.

first McCormack now him.

and we still have the gall to say we won't do that again......and keep doing it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Well he’s useless in midfield, so perhaps we could try him in goal. 

He cant hold his drinks so wouldnt be confident he can hold a football ;) 

• Haha 1

Â