Danny Drinkwater

StefanAVFC

4 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Why do you think this? For me, he even showed in his short time on the pitch in a Villa shirt that he could get on the ball and dictate play. Although, it seems that he already become a hate figure on here for some :(

Hourihane can do anything Drink can do and better. And Conor is terrible at this level.

Just goes to show how bad Drink is. Surprised he even made the bench for Burnley tbh

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Hourihane can do anything Drink can do and better. And Conor is terrible at this level.

Just goes to show how bad Drink is. Surprised he even made the bench for Burnley tbh

Why did Chelsea pay £30m for Drinkwater then? I think Drinkwater is a much better footballer than Hourihane, no disrespect to Hourihane

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Why did Chelsea pay £30m for Drinkwater then? I think Drinkwater is a much better footballer than Hourihane, no disrespect to Hourihane

Why did Liverpool pay £40m for Andy Carroll? Both of them has been on the piss and not behaved like professional athletes since their big move. Drinkwater more so than Carroll.

Drinky has shown terrible attitude and judgement for years now. He's a disgrace.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, sne said:

Why did Liverpool pay £40m for Andy Carroll? Both of them has been on the piss and not behaved like professional athletes since their big move. Drinkwater more so than Carroll.

Drinky has shown terrible attitude and judgement for years now. He's a disgrace.

Liverpool paid £35m for Carroll, yes they overpaid for him at the time like any transfer, it’s up to the manager to get the best out of the player. How they do that is beyond me, any transfer is a gamble regardless of fee. If we actually get Drinkwater out on the pitch, he could keep us up. I think he’s that good, others will probably disagree just for a change 

24 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

At least Conor have got some goals and assists this season.

To your point. His past is irrelevant. His past won't make him play well in the current.

Truly one of the worst midfielders i've ever seen in a Villa shirt.

4 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

At least Conor have got some goals and assists this season.

To your point. His past is irrelevant. His past won't make him play well in the current.

Truly one of the worst midfielders i've ever seen in a Villa shirt.

I think Hourihane has done well when he has played this season for us but I just don’t think he’s a Premier League quality midfielder, just good Championship, do you agree? 

Yes, I agree with you that past is irrelevant, it is the present that matters. Judging by your last sentence, you have written him off completely in a Villa shirt :( 

In the last 12 months he's been caught drunk driving after crashing his car, gotten beat up in a club after hitting on another players girlfriend while drunk and managed to headbutt a teammate after a bust up in training.'

All things happened during season, granted spread out over 2 different seasons and only one of these things happened while he was with us. But still.

Considering he's also been a disaster on the pitch I can't fathom why anyone would still want him here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, sne said:

In the last 12 months he's been caught drunk driving after crashing his car, gotten beat up in a club after hitting on another players girlfriend while drunk and managed to headbutt a teammate after a bust up in training.'

All things happened during season, granted spread out over 2 different seasons and only one of these things happened while he was with us. But still.

Considering he's also been a disaster on the pitch I can't fathom why anyone would still want him here.

Well Smith wanted him here as I did, he was always going to be a risk like any player but he has the ability to transform our season, I think he’s that good on the ball

• Haha 1

Just now, sir_gary_cahill said:

Well Smith wanted him here as I did, he was always going to be a risk like any player but he has the ability to transform our season, I think he’s that good on the ball

I think our season is over.

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Why do you think this? For me, he even showed in his short time on the pitch in a Villa shirt that he could get on the ball and dictate play. Although, it seems that he already become a hate figure on here for some :(

No offence, but there's really no point in us debating anything if you actually believe this shit.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

No offence, but there's really no point in us debating anything if you actually believe this shit.

When he played for us, you could see he had the ability to actually get on the ball and do something with it in my opinion 

2 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Danny Drinkwater was a bad signing, for fitness reasons. No doubt about that.

But the idea that he is a worse footballer than Conor Hourihane is completely mental.

I think you’re right, I don’t think Drinkwater should be written off completely 

4 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think you’re right, I don’t think Drinkwater should be written off completely 

Yet you enter Grealish thread weekly to criticise him but praise Drinkwater constantly, probably the biggest dickhead to play for Villa ever

• Like 1

6 hours ago, KentVillan said:

But the idea that he is a worse footballer than Conor Hourihane is completely mental.

Conor is twice the player. I don't care what he did before.

All i judge him on is games in a Villa jersey. And he's been horrendous

Edited by villalad21

16 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

The game completely passed him by, every time he played, having a little composure on the ball doesn't make up for that. People degraded Steven Ireland as a crisp packet in the wind, he had 100 times the presence of Drinkwater. 

Waste of a shirt, and a pernicious presence, headbutting your team mate, drink driving, getting into fights at night clubs. The guy that played for Leicester was good, but this guy is not him, and not of a character you want or need at a club. 

What is the point of arguing over Danny Drinkwater?! 

Surprised there is still activity in the ‘on topic’ section at all during this, let alone so much back and forth about a guy who played a handful of half matches for us and won’t pull on the shirt again...

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Yet you enter Grealish thread weekly to criticise him but praise Drinkwater constantly, probably the biggest dickhead to play for Villa ever

Oh lord......that is a trophy that could be claimed by many many players.

We would really have to have some kind of high level review to decide that, I mean blimey, war and peace would look like a 2 page nursery rhyme compared to a document detailing possible "biggest ever tool" to play for aston villa.

• Haha 1

Â