Danny Drinkwater

StefanAVFC

7 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

If football does restart soon, he'll actually be playing on a level playing field for once with all the players not being match fit so you never know ;) 

There is that I suppose. If he’s been training hard every day and nobody else has, he might even be quicker than one or two of them. 

35 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

There is that I suppose. If he’s been training hard every day and nobody else has, he might even be quicker than one or two of them. 

Great, he can chase Jota down and give him another headbutt.

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He’s not a waste of space, get him on the pitch and he can keep us up

C'mon SGC, Drinkwater has trouble keeping himself up at times. He has shown absolutely zero inkling of doing anything for us in a Villa shirt.

Please don't tell me how good he was 4 seasons ago to justify your opinion. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

C'mon SGC, Drinkwater has trouble keeping himself up at times. He has shown absolutely zero inkling of doing anything for us in a Villa shirt.

Please don't tell me how good he was 4 seasons ago to justify your opinion. 

Even in his short time on the pitch for Villa, he ahowed that he can spray the ball about. He has experience in this league, very few of our players can say that before this season. It seems that he has been written off by many on here but not me. He can help keep us up in my opinion 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Even in his short time on the pitch for Villa, he ahowed that he can spray the ball about. He has experience in this league, very few of our players can say that before this season. It seems that he has been written off by many on here but not me. He can help keep us up in my opinion 

I honestly don't know what games you watch sometimes.

I'm not writing him off, but in his games in a Villa shirt he has consistently been one of the worst players on the pitch. He's been really really bad.

• Like 4

If his loan ended now he would go down as one of our worst signings in recent times. Even Salifou, Jenas, Holt, Dawkins cou offered something in a Villa shirt compared this clown

Easily makes my worst Villa XI 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

I honestly don't know what games you watch sometimes.

I'm not writing him off, but in his games in a Villa shirt he has consistently been one of the worst players on the pitch. He's been really really bad.

The break will have done him good, he can come back refreshed. According to Wikipedia, he has only played for us 4 times and yet he is being written off. He’s a proven Premier League player, we have very few of those in our squad

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

If his loan ended now he would go down as one of our worst signings in recent times. Even Salifou, Jenas, Holt, Dawkins cou offered something in a Villa shirt compared this clown

Easily makes my worst Villa XI 

I wouldn’t rank him alongside those players, not long ago he went to Chelsea for £30m

4 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

The break will have done him good, he can come back refreshed. According to Wikipedia, he has only played for us 4 times and yet he is being written off. He’s a proven Premier League player, we have very few of those in our squad

Like I said, I'm not writing him off. What I'm saying is in those 4 appearances he was one of the worst players on the pitch. He was absolutely terrible in those performances.

Being proven in the premier league doesn't automatically make him good now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I wouldn’t rank him alongside those players, not long ago he went to Chelsea for £30m

One of the worst buys in the last decade! 

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 1

His contract here will be over before the season is restarted or cancelled.

Best case scenario for anyone who still want to see him play for us is if the season restarts mid June and he get's maybe 3-4 games tops before 30/6 when the contract is finished.

If we by that point asks Chelsea to extend the deal then my confidence in Smith and Suso will be spent.

Just now, Stevo985 said:

Like I said, I'm not writing him off. What I'm saying is in those 4 appearances he was one of the worst players on the pitch. He was absolutely terrible in those performances.

Being proven in the premier league doesn't automatically make him good now.

I agree but it doesn’t mean he can’t turn it around, he has the ability in my opinion 

2 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

They must’ve bought him for a reason...

Again, the argument isn't that's he's never been a good player. It is that he is no longer a good player.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I agree but it doesn’t mean he can’t turn it around, he has the ability in my opinion 

He hasn't performed well enough to justify getting into our team. 

He's probably 7th or 8th choice as a centre midfielder. And rightly so. 

He's been utter shit for us and unless he manages to miraculously improve, he will probably never play in a villa shirt again.

15 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

They must’ve bought him for a reason...

It's almost impossible to debate any player with you when you always revert to type.... But he was good once....

Drinkwater up until now has been nothing short of abysmal.

He has done literally nothing.

If he has a good game I will be sure to comment on it.

Can I ask you a question?

Who is a player that cannot do a job for us in your eyes?

Edited by Villan_of_oz

Â