Pre match thread

roonst83

Horrible feeling that the new manager syndrome will carry them through. Two games in a couple of days, Norwich and Watford. Its like being back in the championship.

The team know how important this is. Lets go into the new year out of the bottom three 

4:1 Villa Come on 

I’ve no idea what to expect from this, we obviously need the win, as do they. They won’t get many easier home games than Villa this season either. All I can do is hope that the Norwich win has cheered everyone up and we play with a bit more confidence. 

Above all, please don’t lose! A draw keeps us unbeaten going to Burnley and still within touch of safety. Half a season left and a couple more players in, all isn’t lost yet. 

I just hope that this is the game Wesley gets a rest (dropped). Task Kodjia with sticking to playing between Watfords CBs and giving us an option when breaking, which we’ll have plenty of opportunity to do. Just stay up front on the CBs FFS. 

.................:...Heaton...................

Elmo......Konsa......Hause....Targett

ElGhazi.Luiz.Grealish.Hourihane.Trez

.....................Kodjia..............................

4-5-1 into 4-4-1-1

Massive day in the South East for my two great sporting loves Villa and Leicester Tigers. Both face huge games that could go a long way to deciding whether either will be championship clubs next season. I cannot contemplate that happening to either so I am hoping for a double victory today. Both clubs used to beat Watford and Quins for fun. Those days are long gone for now but I have a feeling that today is going to be the turning point. Come on boys. Let’s bring the points back up the M1 where they belong!

• Like 2

I’d take the draw tbh, we were lucky against Norwich let’s be honest, on another day they could of scored 3, we aren’t playing well. Sit deep and take a point, if it’s close at the end throw on Hourihane(I hope he doesn’t start he goes missing in tough physical games) and hopefully sneak a win. But a draw will keep us away from them and in touch of the pack, Get a few players in Jan and start again in the new year. 

38 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

Come on lads (and lasses). I know we have had a couple of bad results in the last few weeks but the negativity in here is almost suicidal.

Smith will turn this around, we are not getting relegated and we WILL beat Watford.

That’s the spirit! 

1-3 Villa. Sloth Deeney gets the opener and makes Villa angry. Konsa scores from a corner, Jack scores a second after dribbling round 6 players like Maradona, Hourihane gets the third from a 25 yd free kick. 

Sloth Deeney breaks both legs being a word removed at full time. Happy new year! 

• Haha 2

Do we rotate a bit or keep a winning side (who played a terrible game but got away with it)?

As others have mentioned I'm very worried about the pace of Deulofeu and the power and attitude of Deeney.

Then again Watford are just as bad as us at closing out games so we really should be out to get a result here. If we fear Watford then we are in trouble.

A clean sheet or us to score the first goal, would be rather nice. I just don't think that I could take Deeney celebrating scoring another goal against us.

I don't really have a problem with Watford, other than their staying up might make things more difficult for us to do so and that they have that nasty old blue nose clown in their squad.    

40 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

That’s the spirit! 

1-3 Villa. Sloth Deeney gets the opener and makes Villa angry. Konsa scores from a corner, Jack scores a second after dribbling round 6 players like Maradona, Hourihane gets the third from a 25 yd free kick. 

Sloth Deeney breaks both legs being a word removed at full time. Happy new year! 

What’s the hate for Deeney on here? Yes I hope we win BUT I don’t want anyone to break their legs or end their career!

6 minutes ago, Hobbit Feet said:

What’s the hate for Deeney on here? Yes I hope we win BUT I don’t want anyone to break their legs or end their career!

Blues fan and convicted for kicking the shit out of defenceless students, he's a scumbag

• Like 2