Match Thread: Villa v Leicester

limpid

3 minutes ago, nokesy said:

Trying to figure out what’s happened to McGuinn? He’s totally lost it lately and far from the 50 mil player he was speculated to be a few months ago 

Well, after he left The Byrds he did a few solo albums...;)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, andym said:

Vardy's movement and anticipation is superb, gonna be tough for the inexperienced engels and konsa if we are pushing and they are left exposed

Vardy is such a great player, as is ...errrr.... that other striker.

1 minute ago, KHV said:

I have never witnessed a more unorganised side without the ball. You could drive a bus through the middle of us

It wasn't a lack of organization. It was Mings' with a shot hamstring who couldn't run and close down the space. Totally avoidable goal.

1 minute ago, Robtaylor200 said:

We are all disapointed, But Leicester have been doing this week in week out to better teams than us  

They have, however we make it very easy at times. They are not world class, we cause ourselves a lot of problems most of time

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

It wasn't a lack of organization. It was Mings' with a shot hamstring who couldn't run and close down the space. Totally avoidable goal.

It wasn't just this one goal, its pretty much been ever chance they've had although how much of it is down to the quality of their attack or the incompetence of our defence I'm not entirely sure. Probably both.

Good first half of football with both teams going for it. Clearly Leicester are more clinical going forward but it could very well be 2-2 at the break.

Someone should play a video of Vardi's movement to Wesley who although is a different striker is still far too static for a sole forward. Villa need a much better figurehead in January.

2 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Our central midfield is no where near as good as we initially thought.

I do wonder at what point we admit to ourselves that we’re getting it wrong in midfield on a regular basis. I do think the manager is repeating a lot of mistakes thus far, and the crazy decision not to sub Mings straight away in this match is a big mistake. For me we seem to lack in clinical decision making. Clear and authoritative decision making. We appear soft. Midfield just completely ineffective defensively. It cannot continue if we want to avoid relegation. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

I wasnt referring specifically to that moment. I mean in general every time we play. Teams get far too many sights on goal against us

• Like 1