Match Thread: Villa v Leicester

limpid

Doesn’t matter how you dress it up, its a massive waste of £22m. The big man has an awful touch and positional sense. So easy to defend against.

Still in it. This Leicester side are impressive though, they are beating everyone this is no fluke. If we come out second half with the bit between our teeth we can maybe grab a draw here.

Need more from McGinn, not had a great 4/5 games. Needs to be deeper. Nakamba has been poor.

Crazy decision from Mings and Smith not to make the change. You cant run off a hammy

• Like 1

Wesley has been crap as usual and losing the ball on the halfway line led to their first goal which wasn't helped by terrible management in leaving Mings on the pitch when everyone could see he wasn't fit to carry on.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sharkyvilla said:

Started watching late, Vardy's goal looks like one of those totally avoidable ones that only we seem to concede.

I have never witnessed a more unorganised side without the ball. You could drive a bus through the middle of us

1 minute ago, andym said:

Vardy's movement and anticipation is superb, gonna be tough for the inexperienced engels and konsa if we are pushing and they are left exposed

Engels isn’t inexperienced, so that shouldn’t be an excuse for him 

Honestly dissapointing, 

El ghazi should have scored to put us in front. 

Mings injury cost us a goal and and shouldn't have been on the pitch when we conceded

Second goal we are standing off far too much and ball watching.

They just look very direct and quick with the ball nothing spectacular.

We look dangerous when we go forward

Poor individual decisions in a few moments costing us.

And Wesley needs to sort himself out, **** me off seeing this big, strong, decent player in there, but he just doesn't positively affect the game enough or at all in some cases, when it matters at the pointy end of the pitch he looks like **** Bambi on stilts.

1 minute ago, andym said:

Vardy's movement and anticipation is superb, gonna be tough for the inexperienced engels and konsa if we are pushing and they are left exposed

I'm fairly unconcerned about Engels but the only reason Konsa should be on the pitch now is because he replaced Mings. Who should even have been on the pitch when Vardy scored.

Just now, a m ole said:

Huge mistake from Mings, I can’t blame the staff or Smith for listening to him. I appreciate the fight to carry on but you have to do what’s best for the team.

There's blame on both sides. Hubris from Mings meant he down played the injury. But Smith had the chance to act and didn't.