Match Thread: Villa v Leicester

limpid

Just now, PieFacE said:

We haven't even been that bad lol. They're just better than us.

It’s the worst I’ve seen us pass, we have passed directly to a Leicester player 5+ times. 

Once in their box, once just outside the box, nakamba passing to them in front of the benches, target down the left hand side and El Ghazi down the right to their left back 

I’m watching this and I’m grumpy... I don’t understand why we struggle with the basics, all the of the time. Why, why do we always make it difficult for ourselves? Surely we should be able to string some proper passes together and put their defence under serious pressure? 

Started well then they were completely flummoxed by the first goal. Haven't really been able to cope with the Leicester press and we are giving the ball away cheaply as a result. But once they get through the press, they make the back line look quite average. Lucky to still be in the game with that goal before half time, but I think we can still get something from the game with a much better performance second half.

Just now, kidlewis said:

It’s the worst I’ve seen us pass, we have passed directly to a Leicester player 5+ times. 

Yeah, we've been really sloppy. I think it's largely because we are so imbalanced with McGinn playing too advanced. 

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

We were playing well all game going forward. Deano is right, it's defence that's our weak link right now. Still not convinced by Konsa.

Well look, I agree the defence is an issue. Konsa is inexperienced but Mings is playing poorly and crucially our midfield offers no protection. McGinn is really not that good, Nakamba has dropped off, Luiz struggling to get going and find a proper role for himself. There's problems through the spine and that's before we get to Wesley not delivering.

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I'd rather put a lamp post up front than playing Wesley

We could have paid £2m less and signed Maupay

I will never understand that decision

• Like 4