The Hung Like a Donkey General Election December 2019 Thread

Jareth

Which Cunch of Bunts are you voting for?  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Which Cunch of Bunts Gets Your Hard Fought Cross

• The Evil Abusers Of The Working Man Dark Blue Team
    • The Hopelessly Divided Unicorn Chasing Red Team
    • The Couldn't Trust Them Even You Wanted To Yellow Team
    • The Demagogue Worshiping Light Blue Corportation
    • The Hippy Drippy Green Team
    • One of the Parties In The Occupied Territories That Hates England
    • I Live In Northern Ireland And My Choice Is Dictated By The Leader Of A Cult
    • I'm Out There And Found Someone Else To Vote For

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/12/19 at 23:00

10 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Whatever your reasons for voting conservative you have to accept that the kind of demographics who will be happy with the result should tell you it was reprehensibly the wrong outcome.

The ultra wealthy, the tax avoiders, the bankers and fund managers, the racists and bigots, the arrogant and narrow minded, Jacob Rees Mogg, Nigel Farage and Katie Hopkins.

A vote for conservative is a vote for siding with these people in the question of how we manage our society.

I’m feeling very detached from what seems a large proportion of the population. 

Or maybe I’m just full of shit.

Social media forces a polarised view , your either very wrong or very right . The Tories won't be as bad you make out and Corbyn wouldn't have been the disaster the paper backed media portraid him after to be.

For me Corbyn was the right person with the wrong imagine and Boris is the wrong person with the right image ............Labours advertising and marketing department was serverly lacking or their market research missed by a country mile .......

The UK needs a real leader who portrays a future vision that we can all believe in, as mad as this sounds .........if tidal power would have been at the front of Labours campaign I think they would have cut major inroads and pushed the agenda into a brighter future that the youngster I socialize and work with are crying out for..........just hope it's a Martin Luther King figure rather than a Adolf Hitler one because charisma goes a long way in this world w elive in 

Anyway we're still the most interesting country in the world , to even have the type of debate we have had proves that to me ,  I love the UK and all that sail upon her 🤕 UTV 😘

12 minutes ago, tinker said:

For me Corbyn was the right person with the wrong imagine

(presuming this is image)

Corbyn's image didn't really come into it, the press never had to sink that low, he'd already had a huge history of own goals for them to chose from and kept sticking a few more in his own net when leader, just in case the others didn't count

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, bickster said:

Did they? In 2017 maybe, not so much in 2019

Yeah - Corbyn got a student bounce in 2017 - which made that result look better than it was. Last normal service was resumed.

The Tories disaster in 2017 was like us loosing to Fulham in the POF - they got Boris and a thumping Majority.

2017 convinced many labour was on the right lines...they weren't.

4 hours ago, Sid4ever said:

Whilst that's not good, given Chorley was always going to be a free hit for Lindsay Hoyle as new speaker, that one vote was probably not going to make a difference to the outcome.

Yes I don't think his one vote would have mattered, I don't know what way Chorley voted. I'm from Ireland we have our own eejits over here. Point I'm trying to make though is that I doubt it was just him who got turned away.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Corbyn was the right man at the wrong time.

I think in trying to be pragmatic he lost, people don't like pragmatism, people like definitives, people like to put other people into boxes labelled good or bad, there's no room for middle ground any longer because it takes too much thought to comprehend.

Only correct if the right time was 30 years ago, outdated policies and out of touch. Poor leadership and couldn't recognise that this election was about brexit. He got it wrong pure and simple.

• Like 1

The Tories and Labour don't run candidates over here but what was very noticeable from outsiders looking in was the shocking media bias against Labour and Corbyn.  Over the last few weeks I have decided that Laura Kuenssberg is a grade A C U Next Tuesday. Tory through and through. The media swayed a lot of peoples decision on who to vote for no doubt.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bickster said:

(presuming this is image)

Corbyn's image didn't really come into it, the press never had to sink that low, he'd already had a huge history of own goals for them to chose from and kept sticking a few more in his own net when leader, just in case the others didn't count

Corbyn's past history made his present image unmarketable, the Conservatives just had to wait then push his past through their media outlets and their campaign was sorted, Boris never even had to do a challenging interview, he's a PR nightmare anyway so any chance to keep him out of the media (especially live and unscripted) would be embraced. 

For Corbyn to win he would have had to part the waves or fed a million people with a Hovis loaf, live on TV. 

They need to rebrand and re think their marketing. Momentum used social media well in 20'17.............but 2019 is a world away in the world of PR. 

Why on earth not. people are still called Brexiteers, People still think negotiations will go on for donkeys years. In years to come people will still be saying not all brexiteers are racist but all racists voted for brexit.   I think both terms will be used for ages yet. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Awol said:

Okay. Nationalising everything in sight, seizing 10% of shares in companies, borrowing many 100’s of billions, making unfunded spending commitments for scores of billions more, wanting a 2nd Ref’ between Remain and Remain-lite, just for starters. 

Taken in aggregate this is an extreme programme. Moderate Labour people know it. The voters know it. That’s why they preferred an unprincipled joker like Johnson. Sooner or later you’ll all figure that out. 

Naionalising only those parts of the country's infrastructure that would benefit from not being profit-driven. Not "nationalising everything in sight" as the Daily Mail would have you believe.

Not "seizing" 10% of all company shares, just redistributing a small part of the ownership of the very largest companies to the employees, making the workers better off and more invested in their work.

Borrowing 100s of billions? Maybe, but to invest in the country and its infrastructure and thus increase output and ultimately generate money. Speculate to accumulate and all that. A country with dysfunctional health, education and transport systems is going nowhere.

The arguments you present are simplistic and completely avoid the reasons *why* the policies were in the manifesto. Unfortunately it seems like most of the country couldn't understand why these things were being suggested either.

Huh, I thought we already have an 'insurance type system', Damian? People pay in money that is pooled together and is used to pay costs of health-related claims for eligible citizens.

I believe it is called taxation. What 'insurance type system' could you be thinking of, I wonder...? 🙄

(Didn't even take them 24 hours.)

Edited by His Name Is Death

6 hours ago, villakram said:

So, per Lord Ashcroft. The 60+ crowd screwed the rest of the population, again.

Act accordingly.

Yep, In general terms the older generation looked after themselves. However as a 60+, rest assured that we are not all greedy, selfish bastards. I am as devasted as my 26 year old son that the lying toerag Johnson has been elected. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, colhint said:

Why on earth not. people are still called Brexiteers, People still think negotiations will go on for donkeys years. In years to come people will still be saying not all brexiteers are racist but all racists voted for brexit.   I think both terms will be used for ages yet. 

That’s because it’s absolutely 100% true, it’s not an opinion, or a derogatory term, it’s a fact.