The Hung Like a Donkey General Election December 2019 Thread

Jareth

Which Cunch of Bunts are you voting for?  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Which Cunch of Bunts Gets Your Hard Fought Cross

• The Evil Abusers Of The Working Man Dark Blue Team
    • The Hopelessly Divided Unicorn Chasing Red Team
    • The Couldn't Trust Them Even You Wanted To Yellow Team
    • The Demagogue Worshiping Light Blue Corportation
    • The Hippy Drippy Green Team
    • One of the Parties In The Occupied Territories That Hates England
    • I Live In Northern Ireland And My Choice Is Dictated By The Leader Of A Cult
    • I'm Out There And Found Someone Else To Vote For

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/12/19 at 23:00

24 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Johnson may not have promised free Freddo frogs for all like  Corbyn , but he's still got to deliver , if we still see pictures of children waiting on floors , increases in food banks , homeless people then hopefully people will do more than just share an image on Facebook and whine on the echo chamber that is twitter  ...

I'd like to think the fact that they have taken many traditionally staunch Labour seats that the desire to hold onto them will help ensure they do look after public services and help those with the least amongst us.

This Children on hospital floors and homeless people on our streets in some cases dying isn't a recent phenomenon and we haven't held the Tories to account for it in the last 3 elections and that is on all of us.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Now I've had a couple of hours sleep,  while i wait for Gina Miller to challenge the election through the courts  , I can reflect on how VT showed yet again how detached it is from the real world when it comes to politics   :) ... ,I genuinely thought Corbyn was going to sneak a minority yesterday , just goes to show the influence a few social media type sites can have on a given view .

Like a lot of people I'm relieved i've woken up this morning and Corbyn isn't PM but I'm also scratching my head thinking how did Boris pull yet another Homer   .. However , its important he doesn't get a free ride regardless of how big a majority he has  .... the whole Brexit process has shown that more people are prepared to get involved in an active way  , I'm not proposing the people converge on London tomorrow and deface the Churchill statue and trash McDonalds , but , he's going to make a new Queens speech in the coming weeks so maybe the electorate will have more desire to hold the govt accountable on its promises made than it has previously 

Johnson may not have promised free Freddo frogs for all like  Corbyn , but he's still got to deliver , if we still see pictures of children waiting on floors , increases in food banks , homeless people then hopefully people will do more than just share an image on Facebook and whine on the echo chamber that is twitter  ...

They will be there - all right of that I can assure you. The challenge for Johnson is to convince you and I that it is acceptable or it doesn't really matter. He sure as hell isn't going to rebuild the NHS.

My wife, not overly politically engaged, said to me this morning, who will The Tories blame at the next election for the country's woes, when they can't blame Labour or Brexit.

My money is that they'll still blame Brexit and the fact that the country voted to leave and cuts had to be made to ensure we could ride out the downturn whilst we wait for the long term benefits.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

The Tory propaganda machine played a blinder in smearing Corbyn. They got to the white van man lot with "Corbyn supports terrorists" and they got to the middle class Guardian readers with "Corbyn is antisemitic". All they had to do then was bang on about getting Brexit done. Depressingly simple, really. 

👏

7 minutes ago, MCU said:

I’m still waiting for my apology by the way, no need for your stinking insults last night. 

Have you got an apology for homeless people and those who die on hospital trollies? Or, is it a case of not seeing it means it isn't real?

• Like 2

Corbyn came with too much baggage for him to handle.  

Shit sticks, and even though his friends of Hez.. comments were said because he was in peace talks - you've got to understand that once you've said these things, once the print dries, that's it - forever. 

It takes a second of stupidity to ruin a reputation and a lot of politicians on both sides need to remember that.  

All the vox pops called him a Marxist, they all mentioned Brexit.  

The reason the Tories won by such a margin is because Brexit weighed heavily on the scales and after that, people didn't want Corbyn. 

Everything else weighed in less. 

He shouldn't have been the Labour leader with that much baggage.  He's a good campaigner for his part of the world, that's it.   

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

It's difficult to read your inflammatory posts and not feel a bit sorry for you on 17k a year. 

It's a bit cringy to be honest. 

I'm glad you're happy that your vote counted towards the winners, but it's lower earners like you (at the moment) who are more likely to suffer as a result of this. 

I've been disappointed from supporters on both sides on this thread because people have lost their heads a bit.  There's usually bit of grace and decorum on most threads (not the Bruce thread though :lol: )  but that's been lost here over the last couple of weeks. 

So I'm glad you're happy, but for the sake of not looking like a bit of a gloater, could you reign it in a bit?  

And that's coming from me :lol:  

Hear hear!

5 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Corbyn came with too much baggage for him to handle.  

Shit sticks, and even though his friends of Hez.. comments were said because he was in peace talks - you've got to understand that once you've said these things, once the print dries, that's it - forever. 

It takes a second of stupidity to ruin a reputation and a lot of politicians on both sides need to remember that.  

All the vox pops called him a Marxist, they all mentioned Brexit.  

The reason the Tories won by such a margin is because Brexit weighed heavily on the scales and after that, people didn't want Corbyn. 

Everything else weighed in less. 

He shouldn't have been the Labour leader with that much baggage.  He's a good campaigner for his part of the world, that's it.   

Blaming the Tory PR machine is like when Villa fans constantly blame the ref. Sure the ref contributed to our downfall in a particular match, but so did our inept performance.

• Like 1